I-40 at the Mississippi river - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2021, 11:29 PM   #21

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
This particular almost-failure is definitely the result of negligence in inspection. Somebody was clearly not doing their job for at least a couple of years and possibly more like 5+. That crack should have been caught much sooner.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:11 PM   #22

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
I-40 bridge over Mississippi to reopen next week

The reopening plan calls for all eastbound lanes to reopen Monday, Aug. 2 by 6 a.m. Central Time. Westbound lanes will reopen sometime Friday, Aug. 6; the exact time will be announced. ARDOT cautioned that this is the plan for reopening "barring any complications." An update is expected to be posted Friday, July 30.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen_Shot.jpg  
AC0GV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:34 AM   #23

Name: skalywag
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Registry
open

After months of inspections and repairs, the remaining closed lanes of the I-40 Hernando de Soto bridge opened Monday.

The Tennessee Department of Transportation’s announcement came two days after officials reopened the eastbound lanes of the Hernando de Soto bridge to vehicular traffic.

Law enforcement agencies will continue to monitor both the Hernando de Soto bridge and the I-55 bridge closely as traffic is allowed to resume on the iconic landmark.
skalywag is offline   Reply With Quote