I bought a Lil Snoozy!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #1

Name: Adam
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
Arizona
I bought a Lil Snoozy!!!

After six months of vacillating, looking at tons of different units and figuring out my wants I ended up with a Lil Snoozy!! After much researching of the different models it fits my needs best out of the fiberglass rvs. The price of these is hard to swallow initially but they need to be looked at a little differently due to their resale value. You can certainly get what feels like more in a conventional RV for less money but I if you calculate out the cost of ownership by year the fiberglass units are amazing and well worth it provided they fit your needs.

The Lil Snoozy I got was the one up in Salt Lake that Shaari (absolutely wonderful person to deal with) was selling, this is the same unit that was originally purchased in 2014 by "KAY-DEE" from the Lil Snoozy owners group. As I understand it the wheel was clipped in Zion National Park on their first adventure and ended up being totaled out and they moved onto another Snoozy. Paradoxically I guess that's also how one of these units came about on this coast as it's the only one I saw for sale west of the Mississippi.

There seemed to be some fiberglass damage which was patched in what appears to be a very good manor, enough so that you wouldn't know it was done. The other plus/minus of this and I know for some would be a huge advantage is the axle was converted to an electric axle in the process. The unit has been on about 3,500 miles in trips after repairs were made and has shown no issues since so the damage and salvage title aren't a huge concern for me.

Anyway, I just wanted to announce another west coast Snoozy owner in Arizona. If you all have any questions about it or need anything I would be more than happy to help.

Now it's onto making it mine and mods/projects which I will save for another thread.
TucsonAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:00 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Good for you!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:00 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Looks like the Lil Snoozy will be around for sometime and in time it will be a trailer of the past to collect as many other trailers have fallen into this group. I've only seen a few in my travels at rallies and they are a nice little trailer and appeared to be well built, but too small for my liking. Too bad it had to go by the wayside, but many other small manufactures have had the same problems do to there not so good management of the company. It's nice to see you got what you wanted, should be good for a long time if cared for and taken care of in the proper way.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:12 AM   #4

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Welcome Adam. Hope yours is as enjoyable as mine has been, without the frustrations.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:46 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Good for you! It has the smooth interior you were looking for and a very practical layout for one or two people. FGRV member David B. is another AZ Snoozy owner. He’s done some nice mods for off-grid use.

Enjoy!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:54 AM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Good for you! It has the smooth interior you were looking for and a very practical layout for one or two people. FGRV member David B. is another AZ Snoozy owner. He’s done some nice mods for off-grid use.

Enjoy!

I will have to reach out to him, I'm still feeling it out and trying to decide what I need to do to make it my own but I will be doing a lot of changes to it. I'm also sorting out how to add 1,050 watts of solar to the roof which will take some serious creativity.

Thank you all for the kind words, I will keep you all posted as I go.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:50 AM   #7

Name: Charlie
North Carolina
Registry
I bought a Lil Snoozy!!!

Welcome aboard Adam, from Snoozy owners in the East. Be sure to check out “lilsnoozyowners.com “and the Facebook site with the same name.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:51 PM   #8

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
Congrats on your purchase. We are real Snoozy fans and have also done some significant mods with others on the way. I did a LiFePO4 battery conversion and also the Propex furnace mod that others pioneered, so feel free to reach out if you have questions.

I will be eager to see your roof-top solar installation progress because that is on our list also.
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:15 PM   #9

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Doug View Post
Congrats on your purchase. We are real Snoozy fans and have also done some significant mods with others on the way. I did a LiFePO4 battery conversion and also the Propex furnace mod that others pioneered, so feel free to reach out if you have questions.

I will be eager to see your roof-top solar installation progress because that is on our list also.

I have extensive solar, like more than a normal person should have floating around as I hoard it when I find a deal. I will likely be building my own LiFePO4 pack using 16 of something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-8-pc...cAAOSw3LZcm3cC

But I will have to think over cost per kwh and factor in that LiFePO4 won't require any real adjustments to charging profile whereas a switch to something like a Tesla module would. LiFePO4 is also so much safer I need to add that to the equation.

Solar wise, I'm thinking about attempting to use the roof curvature in my favor maybe and opt for three of the 350 watt mono panels. I was thinking about building a mounting system with only VHB and a cable type tether to the panels and Snoozy frame in case of failure. I may also just opt to tig weld something out of aluminum and stick 6 holes in the roof so it's safe, off the roof a little and dependable.

I thought about two panels, one on the back of my truck and one on the roof but that does come with another host of issues so I'm going to weigh out the options. I'm super happy to brainstorm ideas with you, I have tons of them and most are going to be horrible so it's nice to have somebody to tell me which are which as I am not always great at figuring that out.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:51 PM   #10

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
Congratulations on the snoozy. I love the rear entry on the snoozy; a civilized way to enter a trailer.

I'm in Tucson and have had great service - including fiberglass body work - on my Bigfoot at Carl's RV in South Tucson. I highly recommend them if you need help with anything.

jack
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:22 PM   #11
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Adam! Our Snoozy is perfect for us!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Personally, I would never want to drill holes through the roof of a Snoozy shell. It's so rare to have a trailer with no roof perforations whatsoever to someday leak.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #13

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations on getting your Lil Snoozy. As far as I know you are the 3rd LS owner here in Arizona. We have Renogy solar mounting brackets designed to use on fiberglass roofs. They are held on by 3M VHB outdoor tape, and the 160 watt monocrystaline Renogy solar panel is screwed to the mounting brackets (no roof penetrations). They have been on for a couple of years now with out any signs of coming loose.
Happy Camping
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:38 PM   #14

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Congratulations on getting your Lil Snoozy. As far as I know you are the 3rd LS owner here in Arizona. We have Renogy solar mounting brackets designed to use on fiberglass roofs. They are held on by 3M VHB outdoor tape, and the 160 watt monocrystaline Renogy solar panel is screwed to the mounting brackets (no roof penetrations). They have been on for a couple of years now with out any signs of coming loose.
Happy Camping
Dave & Paula

Yeah, I think it would work very well with a smaller system, I would add a tether to the frame personally and maybe tape it down along the body to look like part of a pinstripe but the VHB seems really amazing.

I'm looking to do 3 x 350 watt panels so I'm concerned about the tape due to the size, weight, forces on them.

And yes, they're slowly making their way out here.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:15 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
What do three 350 watt panels weigh? Will they affect the weight distribution?
Old 08-01-2019, 10:24 PM   #16

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
What do three 350 watt panels weigh? Will they affect the weight distribution?

Let's call it 125 pounds which should be super close. As for weight distribution it would be minimal as it will be covering so much space it's only about 2 pounds per sqft but that will be slightly offset by not using lead acid batteries.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #17

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Congratulations Adam on your purchase. It's too bad I can't remember the name of the guy I met in Louisiana last March who had set up his Snoozy with lithium and solar. Good luck on your set up.

Another recommendation for service is Freedom RV on North Travel Center Dr. Three winters ago we had no brakes while in Tucson and they found the problem was truck wiring. They spent much more time than I was actually charged.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #18

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Welcome and congratulations on your LS purchase. Were you able to see any of the beautiful Utah countryside? Hope to see you on the Lilsnoozyowners FB page!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #19

Name: SCOTTIE
Trailer: Lil Snoozy on order
Nevada
Registry
Scotty in Las Vegas, NV

We call ours a Scotty (it was once a Snoozy before we were treated so badly by Richard). Production build #213. Picked it up at the factory and towed it across USA home with our Tesla Model X. We have done extensive interior mods to include white cabinets, overhead cabinets, retractible shower door, etc. We use ours as was intended. We camp at RV campgrounds that have 30A electric and water. Works fine for us. We are retired couple with 3 small dogs. We have since purchased a F150 to tow with (getting 18mpg). We are about to head out on a "Around the USA" trip with our Scotty. We will drive up to Montana, across upper peninsula of Mi and then to Atlantic coast in NH. From there SW down to Scottsboro and across to Natchez, finally back through Tucson to Vegas. The trailer tows great and it is very practical for 2 people. We would be happy to share pics if you are interested. We know you will like your Snoozy Adam, but fair warning, it can become a money pit. LOL. Make it fit your lifestyle.
ScottieLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #20

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
I am eager to see your rooftop solar installation as it develops. I would like to do the same but not directly on the roof because of the heat. Please do start a new thread for that when you begin as I think there will be a lot of interest.

Also, it would be great if you couild start a thread when you do your lithium battery conversion. I am always on the lookout for great new ideas. Do check out the thread of my conversion at
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ozy-85205.html
There were definitely some surprises and it is not a drop in as some might believe.
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy