I finally picked up my trailer! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
We took the ferry over to Mukilteo and then drove out to Snohomish to my brother-in-law's camp (BS Camp Brinkley/Pigott) to pick up my trailer. I called first to check tow-ball size, and he asked the guy who had been with him when he bought it, and said "2 inch." Didnt think to ask about electrical.

So we got there- it was 1 7/8. Tried to switch out tow balls with my bil's truck but his receiver was larger and his ball had a larger stem. Plus the electrical was wrong. The trailer had the round 6 slot kind, I had a flat four connection on the car. So we got back in the car and drove down to Monroe to get a ball and an adapter, went back, and picked up the trailer.

I measured before leaving- just about 28 feet combined length. I wanted to make sure I didn't get charged $30 on the ferry- under 30 feet and under 7'4" is about $13.

Anyway, made it home fine, we even THINK the lights were working okay. I do want to replace the lenses on the lights and maybe the bulbs to be brighter. Managed to back in okay but parked a little crooked.

So now for pictures. The interior was pretty much exactly as Steve described it. No horrible surprises.

Here is the trailer parked by my cabin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailerhome.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	7951

Back door open. I do have jacks, but didn't know where they were when I got home with it, and have the front end a bit too low to use them.

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	7952
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #2

Registry

Name:	interior.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	7953

You can see someone's attempts at decorating using wallpaper on the cupboards. I think that will come off and I'll paint.
Attached Thumbnails
kitchen.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
glad you got your trailer home safe and sound! Maybe our paths will cross at one of the WASH ST. campgrounds....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #4

Registry

Name:	icebox.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	7955

One side of the popup won't stay up; I have it propped at the moment but will check the mechanism to see why it won't hold later.
Attached Thumbnails
popup.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Congratulations
Looks like a great little trailer - good condition with just enough little things to do that you can really make it 'yours'. Have fun!!
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yay!

But you can sleep better at night now.

Looks clean. Did you do that or did the formers owners keep it nice for you?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Yeh! Glad you finally got it!

Let the mods begin!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Bobbie

Congratulations on your new (to you) trailer. It is a beauty.l Be ready to have lots of lookers at Lake Casitas.

See you in October. (Space 50)

Carol and Jim
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I know it was a knuckle biter...first to make the purchase site unseen...and then the waiting to pick it up. Hope everything turned out better than you hoped for...looks like a nice trailer to me
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Looks clean. Did you do that or did the formers owners keep it nice for you?
The former owners kept it nice. The cushion covers are very worn and need replacing (not sure yet about the cushions) but the trailer is clean, the rat fur is in good shape, kitchen is clean, it looks like plumbing and wiring may have been upgraded as they look fairly new.

There are a few things I need to ask people about and I'll get to those. There is what may be a gas lamp, says Coleman, but nothing in it. The furnace looks to be in good shape but isn't hooked up (heater, not furnace, its free-standing but looks to be gas.) I need to fix the doorknob as it sticks. Definitely need to get some kind of step as it is a bigger step up into the trailer than I expected.

Bobbie
Old 05-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
I know it was a knuckle biter...first to make the purchase site unseen...and then the waiting to pick it up. Hope everything turned out better than you hoped for...looks like a nice trailer to me
I'm happy. I was a little worried about the interior and things my bil might not have mentioned, like odors, but there are none. I'll need to figure out how everything works- if I'd been there to buy it I'd probably have asked, but it shouldn't be too hard to find someone familiar with trailers to help me out.

Bobbie
Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
The long wait is over! Congrats on finding a super trailer - making it "your own" will be part of the fun. Wishing you safe journeys and many happy memories. Hope our trails will pass in the future. Take care, L 'n D
Old 05-26-2007, 01:28 AM   #13

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I'm so excited for you! Keep in touch and let me know what you do right--or wrong--so I can follow your lead when I find my trailer! Hope we'll be camping together at Lake Casita in the fall!

Quote:
The long wait is over! Congrats on finding a super trailer - making it "your own" will be part of the fun. Wishing you safe journeys and many happy memories. Hope our trails will pass in the future. Take care, L 'n D
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #14

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Bobbie,
Now the fun begins! From anticipation jitters to contemplation, action, & completion of mod projects.
Enjoy the process,

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #15

Registry
Now I have to figure out all the details- like how to hook things up, where the water goes in, where it comes out, etc. I don't know anything about camp trailers. Towing I'm fine with, since I've had a boat for years. But I've never used LP except in those little cans, and know nothing about the electric systems, etc. I need a battery and a propane tank, before I can check out those systems.

Bobbie
Old 06-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #16

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Looks good, Bobbie! A little tough getting it home, but it looks at home there near your cabin. I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and advice from the fiberglass websites.
Enjoy fixing it up and customizing it to your liking!

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:29 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Bobbie,
If you have any specific RV questions, I can probably help. I'm on Whidbey as well, so give me a shout (private message works) and maybe I can be of assistance.

Take care.
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote