I get to visit my Boler overnight! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #1

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
I get to visit my Boler overnight!

Which might seem really odd but it's kept a 15 minute drive away at my father's place (which is beautiful but...). She goes in for her safety tomorrow morning at 8am so we're bringing it into the city for the night. Since I've only napped in it, I think I'll test it out overnight. Maybe even get the battery box on since I'll have my own tool cabinet around.

My husband thinks I'm nuts to be this excited to have it in our driveway but I thought you'd all appreciate the feeling!

Morgyn
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #2

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
We do indeed understand and appreciate your excitement. Just wait until you get to take her on the road!!!! Talk about excitement.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #3

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Send a message via MSN to Bobbiemae
I got mine in November and just "tried to sleep" out there lastnight. Too cold, damp and new mold growing so after a couple hours of being stoked over it, I came in and crawled in my own bed. I'm excited to get on the road too!
Bobbiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:22 PM   #4

Name: Jim
Trailer: Boler 13'
Yukon
I know the feeling. "Betsey" is in a friends heated garage about 10 minutes away. Easy to work on, and plan on just working in the evening and just 'camping' out there. Easier to find problems and scheme about things to change..... 1973 Boler in basically original shape.
drdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:15 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There's a group on Facebook called "Camping At Home," and they do precisely that. Some with the trailer in the garage, under a carport or parked in the backyard. Based on the pictures posted, they seem to have a lot of fun. After all, once you're inside and the curtains are pulled closed... you could be anywhere!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgynm View Post
Which might seem really odd but it's kept a 15 minute drive away at my father's place (which is beautiful but...). She goes in for her safety tomorrow morning at 8am so we're bringing it into the city for the night. Since I've only napped in it, I think I'll test it out overnight. Maybe even get the battery box on since I'll have my own tool cabinet around.

My husband thinks I'm nuts to be this excited to have it in our driveway but I thought you'd all appreciate the feeling!

Morgyn
Sounds like fun!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #7

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We have used out trailer in the back yard, at present it is just over an hours drive to it will go use it this coming weekend; glad it has a furnace. They are only calling for day time temperatures of -5 to -7 with wind chill that is only -7 to -9 so it will be a nice weekend!
We will take extra blankets the snow blower, generator and a backup quartz heater. Actually wish it was in the driveway, even though it is colder hear -17 with -22 wind chill.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Finally completed the 'boler barn' structure this week. Dug our 'anticky' out of the snow and winched her inside. Ordered the garage door (12 ft wide by 9 ft. high). Should start some renos as soon as temps get above freezing (like maybe April ?). The new barn is just 16ft by 16ft, but has a 12 ft. ceiling, so the 13' Boler will be cosy and cumfy. And, just 40 feet from home and workshop.
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #9

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Lovely day here today......pre-snowstorm forecasted for overnight. Temps around -10C were relatively balmy compared with my last month spent in the Arctic.
Sat outside in our lawn chairs, enjoying a campfire in the firepit. The mug of "special tea" followed by a bbq.
And all the while, our Outback remains cozily snug in the carport, waiting to be sprung as soon as the weather hints of spring.

We didn't camp in it overnight but we sure enjoyed the rest of camping activities!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #10

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
After being away from the Boler for many months now and the issues of not getting her under a tarp roof for the winter, I'm looking forward to Spring so I can reacquaint myself with her and get working on issues that cropped up. Right now she's buried under snow a quarter way up the door so I'm just looking at pictures and making plans!
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler