I Kid You Not!!!!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-14-2022, 04:23 PM   #1

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Northwood Nash 22/1977 Trillium 4500
Washington
I Kid You Not!!!!!!!

Yesterday, prior to going on a grand tour of four Bolers, I responded to an ad for one that said excellent condition, newer upholstery, etc.. In the pictures the blue and white upholstery was cute but upon closer inspection it looked like sheets. I thought "surely no" and forgot to ask the seller about that during a call.

Sure enough when I got there, they had wrapped Ikea blue and white sheets around pretty worn upholstery and called it good. Perhaps during these inflationary times, sheets are the new upholstery option?
Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:28 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Talking

Which one did you buy?

Sheets as upholstery coverings...well, it definitely isn't a long-term solution.

Makes me wonder what else they might be "covering up"!!!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 07:36 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangie View Post
Yesterday, prior to going on a grand tour of four Bolers, I responded to an ad for one that said excellent condition, newer upholstery, etc.. In the pictures the blue and white upholstery was cute but upon closer inspection it looked like sheets. I thought "surely no" and forgot to ask the seller about that during a call.

Sure enough when I got there, they had wrapped Ikea blue and white sheets around pretty worn upholstery and called it good. Perhaps during these inflationary times, sheets are the new upholstery option?
I have a beautiful1976 Trillium 4500 for sale in Ontario in almost original condition ,it has the original cloth interior which after 50 years still looks like new but does need most of the zippers replaced ,I could of just replaced with new material but prefer the buyer to see the original and make their own choices if they want .
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:18 PM   #4

Washington
Sheets

Sound like you would disclose that in any advertising and not cover them up with sheets to make pictures look good and then advertise as new upholstery. Actually sheets are probably a great idea if you have pets. Professional upholstery jobs are expensive for good reason- it's a lot of work. Even DIYers can do a great job if they pay attention to UTUBE and Sailrite videos and have a sewing machine up to the task. I prefer to pick my own colors but am delighted when something has newer upholstery in a goes with everything neutral color. Most vintage trailers resale value does not include sellers having professional upholstery and other jobs done prior to selling so we get what we get. Structural soundness is the most important factor in my book.

Good luck with your sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I have a beautiful1976 Trillium 4500 for sale in Ontario in almost original condition ,it has the original cloth interior which after 50 years still looks like new but does need most of the zippers replaced ,I could of just replaced with new material but prefer the buyer to see the original and make their own choices if they want .
Old 09-14-2022, 09:41 PM   #5

Washington
Ha! Ha!

People that nervous over an inspection make me nervous about a purchase. That was the first red flag. Their not having any documentation and receipts for a frame up restoration was another. I would have bought the trailer on the spot had they of had proof of the restoration and I saw evidence it had been done correctly. Dozens of screws sticking out an inch and a half under a trailer floor is not evidence of a proper job and I'm no expert, but I've never seen this in my life until then. However I did read about self tapping screws sticking out of the underside of a Scamp. Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
Which one did you buy? eyes- all four, I couldn't pass up such beauties....

Sheets as upholstery coverings...well, it definitely isn't a long-term solution.

Makes me wonder what else they might be "covering up"!!!!
Old 09-15-2022, 06:41 AM   #6

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Hope you find something that suits you. Upholstery is probably one of the easier fixes and almost any fault can be remedied if you have the knowledge, energy and $.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote