I was so brave today................... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Since decideding a fiberglass travel trailer is the way to go for us, and not finding one available within the 4 or 5 states surrounding Colorado, at least not what I want. Today on my way home, I drove by a home that I had spotted a older fiberglass travel trailer out in the back 40............ Well I jumped out of the car and just walked up and asked if they wanted to sell it. His reply was, Well, I have been thinking about it. I asked if it was a fiber stream and he was like well yeah, he didn't think a women would know her trailer brand..................... I just laughed, becuase 3 months ago I wouldn't have know a fiber stream. But after hanging around here I at least know what they look like. Couldn't get inside to look at it, cause the key is in his truck and his wife had driven it to work. He did tell me that the inside was pretty bad, so I think it probabaly won't work for us, but it gave me the gut's to jump out and hit every darn home I find with a fiberglass anything in the backyard.

I handed him my card and told him to think about it some more and call me if he decides to sell. Cause even if it's not for us, I can post it on the referrals............ But watch out anyone who live's in Colorado and owns a fiberglass travel trailer........................ I may come knocking! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Get yourself a key that opens pickup truck toppers, usually the same key for RVs.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #3

Well, heck I have a couple of those on my key ring. Oh well, he will call if he decides to sell. And though I am brave enough to go cold call/begging them to sell me their trailer, I can tell you I would never be brave enough to use the key. LOL Robin
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
this is exactly how I got my 17. All they can say is no...
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #5

That's what I figured Gina. Robin
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
If you are brave enough to walk up and ask someone if they will sell their trailer, are you sure you aren't brave enough to tackle renovation?

CindyL
Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Yeah, I agree with Cindy. Just think of it: you could rehabilitate another Fiber Stream! (Those are such cool trailers...)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #8

Yeah I am brave enough to tackle any re-hab, re-model but due to Dh's health issues. Taking on a project at this point, doesn't make sense. So I am going to look for road ready for now. Hopefully I will run across just the right one. Robin

Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #9

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I knocked on quite a few doors asking about semi-abandoned trailers. Nobody was outright rude but a few were a little abrupt. One woman was prepared to sell me her Boler after she cleaned it up.

However, I ended up meeting one couple who weren't selling but gave me the full tour of their Trillium and discussed all the positive and negatives, probably spent an hour with them. I learned a ton and that's what made me decide on a Trillium.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Keep a copy of the Buyers Check list in your pocket/purse or glove box of vehicle... ya never know when it will come in handy!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #11

Booker, the only thing I worry about is the dog chasing me from the door .

Yep Donna, I have the list in my purse ready to go. Watch out if you live here in Colorado and own a fiberglass, cause it just might be your door I knock on. Robin
Old 05-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You may want to read this appropriate topic: How do you not become a stalker
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #13

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
I got my first Trillium by making a cold call. I drove by it for a couple of months and finally decided to stop. I had to move fast because the guy had said that he had backed out once before. I have since added a U-haul that my friend had bought and changed his mind on. I now am being stalked as well. I have had 3 people ask me about my trailers last week alone. I am seriously looking at a brand new one because I've yet to get mine fixed up. Ellie is talking even more about not camping because of the condition of the trailer.
Steve DeWeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:59 AM   #14

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
I got my first Trillium by making a cold call. I drove by it for a couple of months and finally decided to stop. I had to move fast because the guy had said that he had backed out once before. I have since added a U-haul that my fried had bought and changed his mind on. I now am being stalked as well. I have had 3 people ask me about my trailers last week alone. I am seriously looking at a brand new one because I've yet to get mine fixed up. Ellie is talking even more about not camping because of the condition of the trailer.
Hi: Steve...
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
You might find this interesting and encouraging. I got my trailer from someone who found it neglected for 26 years in a back yard. My new rig
vdelzen is offline   Reply With Quote