I'm interested in the 'more space when I retire' theme. One thing we have not kept track of in our 15 years is the amount of time, outside of sleeping we spent in our RV over the last 15 years.
On our trip to NL I think I'll monitor RV usage.
As a rough guess I would say the following:
1. 8-9 hours, sleeping (9 PM to 6 Am),
2. 2-3 hours, breakfast and morning organization (6AM to 9 AM)
3. 3-6 hours, daily exploring
4. 1 hour shopping
5. 1 hour life maintenance (laundry, trailer maintenance, ...)
6. 2 hours reading/writing/computer
7. 1-2 hour preparing and eating supper
Outside of sleeping a small percentage of the time is spent in the trailer.
I also find it interesting that even our RV fulltimer friends even in their rigs that could fit 3 or 4 Scamp
16s in their huge volumes, tend to do their friend entertaining outside or better yet entertaining each other by exploring new place together. Traveling in a trailer is different than one's previous life, at least for us.
Even when we're traveled for 11 months we did not consider the RV a home style living space. It was a space to support a different lifestyle.