I wonder when someone is going to do this with a fiberglass camper. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2016, 09:41 AM   #1

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
I wonder when someone is going to do this with a fiberglass camper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bambi.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	97165
Ive see them with the axle removed and put on a flat bed truck but I am waiting for a front wheel drive car to be fitted to one
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmartin748 View Post
Attachment 97165
Ive see them with the axle removed and put on a flat bed truck but I am waiting for a front wheel drive car to be fitted to one
That is really interesting.

It looks like that car started out in life as an Oldsmobile Tornado ?? or Buick Rivera ?? and anyone with one of these cars today would probably not want to use it as a donor vehicle. I wonder how hard it would be to comply with motor vehicle safety rules and licensing requirements.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Sorta like this??... and yes it is front wheel drive!

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:08 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Clever, but if I wanted a moho I wouldn't be on this forum. I like being able to unhitch and use my tow vehicle for exploring.

And there is a Scamp motorhome (or at least there was, for a brief time in the mid-80's)…

Name:   ScampMoho1.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:   ScampMoho2.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  23.5 KB
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Photo shoped

This has to be photoshopped.

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Sorta like this??... and yes it is front wheel drive!

Hi Floyd, Can you tell me where you got this photo ? (Where on 'net ? ) I took photos of this RV where it sat in Mariposa, Ca 5-6 yrs (?) ago and put them on the Scamp site, in " Scampers Overflow " section for photos. ( Can't find it now) It looks like a 40 Ford PU but isn't at all. It is a square tube frame with a front wheel drive 4 cyl Pontiac Eng / auto transmission. The cab is actually a '40 ford coupe that had been hit in the rear, so it wasn't a waste of a good classic body. The son of the deceased builder thought it was a Scamp body but I'm sure it was a boler fb trailer. It was built years ago when a Ponitac 4 cyl would have been an 'advance technology ' innovation . Supposedly the father also won best of show at the Oakland Roadster Show, which was the pinnacle of achievement in those days. For a roadster, not this RV. So it was well built and designed , but had sat for years, in need of total rebuild which I couldn't see myself doing. Also, in mts, you would need a strong Pu and trailer to get it out. It was finished inside, had the Pontiac dash and column, and was walk through to trailer area. I could have bought it for $4,000 that day but passed on it. I heard it went to the Sacramento Delta area to use as a signboard or attraction for a camp or RV park. I've watched for it in the Delta always, would like to locate it and see how it was used.
And BTW, fb trailers dont work well on trucks, they sit too high on top of the frame. This yellow one was designed around the low tube frame,and built around the frame. Even fb Chinooks are kind of built around the Toyota PU frame, not sitting completely on top. Anyone else have any info on this neat fb RV ? David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
If you have a few bucks, a bunch of time, a REAL bathtub is important to you AND you like the shiny aluminum look.... here's a 1956 Spartan Motor Coach 1956 Spartan Motor Coach...Start Polishing!
Attached Thumbnails
Spartan.jpg  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #8

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Looks really interesting and I considered doing this with my Trillium 4500 when I wanted to bring a boat/trailer as well. The rear egg part looks to me like a Trillium?
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Hi Floyd, Can you tell me where you got this photo ? (Where on 'net ? ) I took photos of this RV where it sat in Mariposa, Ca 5-6 yrs (?) ago and put them on the Scamp site, in " Scampers Overflow " section for photos. ( Can't find it now) It looks like a 40 Ford PU but isn't at all. It is a square tube frame with a front wheel drive 4 cyl Pontiac Eng / auto transmission. The cab is actually a '40 ford coupe that had been hit in the rear, so it wasn't a waste of a good classic body. The son of the deceased builder thought it was a Scamp body but I'm sure it was a boler fb trailer. It was built years ago when a Ponitac 4 cyl would have been an 'advance technology ' innovation . Supposedly the father also won best of show at the Oakland Roadster Show, which was the pinnacle of achievement in those days. For a roadster, not this RV. So it was well built and designed , but had sat for years, in need of total rebuild which I couldn't see myself doing. Also, in mts, you would need a strong Pu and trailer to get it out. It was finished inside, had the Pontiac dash and column, and was walk through to trailer area. I could have bought it for $4,000 that day but passed on it. I heard it went to the Sacramento Delta area to use as a signboard or attraction for a camp or RV park. I've watched for it in the Delta always, would like to locate it and see how it was used.
And BTW, fb trailers dont work well on trucks, they sit too high on top of the frame. This yellow one was designed around the low tube frame,and built around the frame. Even fb Chinooks are kind of built around the Toyota PU frame, not sitting completely on top. Anyone else have any info on this neat fb RV ? David in Fresno and Sonora
I just remembered the car and typed in "40 Ford Scamp" and searched in images.
The internet is forever!
This is likely another one of your pics....
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote