if you were gonna buy a new tow veichle, what would you buy? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #41

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Carolynn and CD, I really wanted onstar but was not available on this truck. I did check with the local police and yes LOJack is available here as well surrounding communities. So hopefully it's a little added protection. I guess I figure the money is just a little way of covering my rear when and if he decides to take a ride. Hopefully it won't be needed. Thanks for your info. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #42

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
Quote:
Carolynn and CD, I really wanted onstar but was not available on this truck. I did check with the local police and yes LOJack is available here as well surrounding communities. So hopefully it's a little added protection. I guess I figure the money is just a little way of covering my rear when and if he decides to take a ride. Hopefully it won't be needed. Thanks for your info. Robin
Unfortunately, On Star is not yet available for all vehicles. I for one would subscribe, if only for peace of mind,
Congrats again Robin.
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #43

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Robin,

Congratulations on your purchase of a new Tacoma. This last year, I pulled my 17ft trailer over 12,000 miles with a 4 door V6 4.0L Tacoma and it has been effortless.

I'm also glad you've purchased some peace of mind having a new, dependable vehicle. One with down-hill-assist for your mountainous excursions and the protective LOJack system for your DH (just in case).

It's good to see you're both getting out and enjoying the wide open spaces.

Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #44

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Pete, Thanks, I am going to keep him going for as long as I can. Who knows. Seems like it's getting harder daily, but hopefully it's just the winter cold that's affecting him right now. I am glad to hear you like your Tacoma. Seems like they are nice trucks. Love the backup camera that came with mine, that right there will save me a lot of backing up, getting out and checking, backing up a little more, pulling forward..................etc. My only worry is the fact that I am use to a much bigger truck, but figure, we don't need to be going anywhere to fast, so if towing up a hill we go slower oh well! We will get there sooner or later. I think I will be ok, can't even test drive for pulling till I get a thousand miles on it. By then it will probably be snowing again. But spring will be here soon enough. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote