Indiana toll overcharge? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-03-2020, 06:03 AM   #1

Name: Rich
Trailer: Escape
United States
Registry
Indiana toll overcharge?

I just got an unpaid toll email from Ipass which seemed strange since I thought I had put enough money in my account. When I logged in and checked my activity I found that Indiana had charged me $51.27. That appears to be their 5 axle rate. I’m towing a Scamp 16 with a Toyota Highlander. 3 axles last time I checked. I’m going to dispute it but just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen. Or is it legit and I’m missing something?
St Paul, MN
rpassmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Impossible to say without more information. But it will be good to know how the dispute resolution process works. Let us know.

I have only experienced one error in an e-toll charge, and it was in my favor. It had nothing to do with towing, but it does demonstrate that the system isn’t perfect.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:25 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
A few years back I got a nasty note and a bill for $2.45 plus a $50 penalty ftom the New Jersey Turnpike for a toll I paid at a booth ( cash). I assumed the attendant had made an error and sent them $2.45 just to avoid the hassle. The next year, same toll both, same charge. This time I had receipt .

Send them a letter informing them of their error along with a picture of your rig. You send them money, it's gone for good.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
A few years back I got a nasty note and a bill for $2.45 plus a $50 penalty ftom the New Jersey Turnpike for a toll I paid at a booth ( cash). I assumed the attendant had made an error and sent them $2.45 just to avoid the hassle. The next year, same toll both, same charge. This time I had receipt .

Send them a letter informing them of their error along with a picture of your rig. You send them money, it's gone for good.
Hi: Raz... You have been "Trolled" too!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #5

Name: James Y.
Trailer: Companion
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpassmore View Post
I just got an unpaid toll email from Ipass which seemed strange since I thought I had put enough money in my account. When I logged in and checked my activity I found that Indiana had charged me $51.27. That appears to be their 5 axle rate. I’m towing a Scamp 16 with a Toyota Highlander. 3 axles last time I checked. I’m going to dispute it but just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen. Or is it legit and I’m missing something?
Could someone have followed you thru the toll booth very close behind?
Jim G. - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #6

Name: Hank
Trailer: Casita
OH
I tied a cc to the account so it just pays, any dispute I at least have the cc company to assist in the dispute, just a thought unless I’m missing the obvious. Hank
Amazinghank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpassmore View Post
I just got an unpaid toll email from Ipass which seemed strange since I thought I had put enough money in my account.
We were once tolled for four axles here in Washington when towing our little teardrop trailer.

They expressed appreciation that I had submitted a photo of the trailer and refunded the overcharge to our account, case closed.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote