Introducing ourselves - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 1986 23 ft Road Ranger
Hello! I have been lurking on this site for a couple of days now as my husband and I found a 1973 Trillium for sale. He went to Seattle to look at the Trill today while I am at work and I have been anxiously waiting for him to call. I hadn't heard from him so I called him and he told me that he was hitching it up right then and would call me back.

WE ARE OFFICIALLY FCRV OWNERS!

I don't have any idea what kind of shape it is in except that one of the windows leaks and he said it needed some cleaning. The lady selling it was asking $2,500 but I have no idea how much we ended up paying for it. He probably won't get home for another couple of hours and the suspense is killing me! LOL

We have two boys, ages 11 and 16, and really enjoy camping. We started out with a 22' Prowler Lite and decided to sell it and buy a hot rod (already had a '65 Bel Air) and tent trailer. Well, our tent trailer just isn't cutting it anymore and we are at the mercy of the weather gods when we plan our camping trips. We thought about getting a 19' trailer and keeping the tent trailer but stumbled upon this little Trill for sale.

I have enjoyed reading this website and am sure that I will soon have lots of questions!
Rick and Shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
WELCOME.. WELCOME... WELCOME!!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:20 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
YIPEEE for you.

Every exciting. Hope you like it as well as most of us like our little eggs.

You list yourself from Southwest Washington. Come join us at the Northern Oregon Gathering. Information can be found right here. See what others have done with thier trailers.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1987
Quote:
WE ARE OFFICIALLY FCRV OWNERS!
Oh boy, you're in trouble now!

This is how it starts, you know. You stumble across MFROG and while reading through all of the innocent seeming posts, the subliminal messages buried in the HTML code slowly seep into your unconsious mind. Suddenly you find yourself perusing the local paper, searching eBay, driving down back roads, looking for that elusive thing referred to as a Fiberglass Egg.

Then you see it, your dream Egg. Sure it is a little worn around the edges, but it's "not all that bad". After a (typically) cash transaction with a recovering Egg addict, you now own your little beauty.

Then you actually join MFROG. The downward spiral continues as you start posting questions, shopping catalogs (stay AWAY from the Camper World! Watch out for Northern Tool!) and thinking, "yeah, with a few parts and 10,000 hours of labor, I could make that work".

Oh, yes, there is no turning back now.

- Michael

P.S. I've even heard that there are people on this board that own MORE THAN ONE EGG!
MKohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
So glad you are here and found your camper. Keep us posted and send pictures. What about a name for it?
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #6

Thanks for the welcome! I just talked to my husband again and he is on the road with our new trailer in tow. He said that it needs some major cleaning but is in pretty good shape. He said that it does have some spider webbing in the gel coat but we can take care of that down the road.

AND we only paid $2,200 for it! YIPPEE!

As for the addiction... Well, it started three days ago when we googled "Trillium" to see what the heck one was. I have been reading this site and imagining what kind of upholstery fabric I am going to find that goes with the avocado green interior.

Byron, I will be checking out that website when I get home.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:34 AM   #7

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Welcome Rick & Shannen!

You have started on a great journey, and have found a great group of people and wonderful resource for help on your adventure. Any questions - just ask. Someone has been there, done that, and is more than glad to share.

And, as Byron said, come on over to the Northern Oregon Gathering in April....just come for the day, if that's all you have time for and see what is possible. Or join us for the weekend and have a great time!
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:33 AM   #8

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Welcome to FiberglassRV! It's not too late... there IS a twelve step program for people like us...

I hope you enjoy the time you get to spend in and with your Trill. They are eggcelent little trailers! Fred Greenspan, one of our members, bought my Trill and they re-did the interior in an island theme fabric with new birch cabinet doors. They really updated the interior!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06298.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1309

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06300.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1310

Please keep us up to date on yours. Post photos... LOTS of photos!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:37 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
As for the addiction... Well, it started three days ago when we googled "Trillium" to see what the heck one was.

Welcome from me too Rick and Shannen

Three day addiction, found a nice used one at a good price and bought it...that must be some sort of speed record Some of us waited weeks or maybe even YEARS to find a good used fiberglassTT

Ditto, ditto...come down to the Northern Oregon Gathering...we'd love to see your new-to-you rollin home!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:56 AM   #10

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Welcome!

Molded Fiberglass Trailers are the best!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #11

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Lucky You!

Congrats and Welcome.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #12

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Congratulations on the new addition. We are on our second Trillium and love them. What size did you get?

I love to hear from people who are taking their kids camping. We have to keep these fiberglass trailers into the next generations.

Kathy & Doug

Check out roachmedia.net for trillium pictures
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #13

Thank you all for the welcomes!

I have not been able to see the Trill in the daylight but I could see a little bit last night with the flashlight. The cushions are upholstered in regular fabric, not upholstery fabric so those will need to be done soon. The rest of the inside looked okay, just needs a good cleaning. The outside is a different story. It needs a good cleaning and my husband has some repair work ahead of him. There are some "dings" on the corners where something hit the trailer and smashed the fiberglass. They are small and the previous owners put caulking over them but they will need to be repaired asap. I will get a better look at it this evening and will take photos and post them.

We live in Longview, WA so Hudson Park is just across the river from us! My husband works on Saturday and Sunday but I think we might come by Friday after I get off work.

Roger - Love the interior! I will probably head over to the fabric store this weekend to see what I can find. I have the feeling that I will have to go to Vancouver or Portland to find good upholstery fabric.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #14

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
I have the feeling that I will have to go to Vancouver or Portland to find good upholstery fabric.
Welcome! I have a 1979 13' Trillium. LOVE IT, still have lots to learn. I found a wonderful selection of fabrics (both upholstry and outdoor furniture) online at denverfabrics.com I bought mine there and can't wait to see the end result. I named my egg, "The Beach House". Looking forward to meeting you at the Nor Ore gathering in April. I'm coming from Seattle.

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #15

I am posting some photos for you all to see. It has a new stove top but that is about all that is new. I think I am going to try to work with the avocado green color. It has an awful light fixture over the sink. The cubby holes in the top of the dinette seats do not have doors but a thin piece of plywood covering the whole seat (see below).

Here is the good, bad and ugly:
Attached Thumbnails
trailer1.jpg   trailer5.jpg  

trailer8.jpg   trailer6.jpg  

trailer9.jpg  
Old 02-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #16

Here are some photos of the really bad things that need immediate attention, including a leak under the rear window, a crummy vent that I can see daylight through and a couple of dings in the fiberglass.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer2.jpg   trailer3.jpg  

trailer4.jpg   trailer7.jpg  

Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #17

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Congratulations, Rick and Shannen! Thanks for posting photos of your new baby.

Hey, consider coming to the Oregon Gathering in Bandon, Oregon on July 14-16. There will be over 100 trailers there. Here's where you can find more information about the Gathering. We'd sure love to have you join us.

2006 Oregon Gathering Information

Again, welcome to the fiberglass family!
Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:06 AM   #18

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Welcome, happy campers!

Do the leaks/cracks first, then camp, then see if you can learn to love original interior. Embrace the Avacado Green!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:54 AM   #19

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Congratulations on your great find...

Tender loving care will have your gem ready to show the world in no time.

Welcome to FiberglassRV ... here's where you will find answers for just about everything you need to know. Just ask - they will come!
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #20

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Wow!

What a cutie! I agree with Carol...tender loving care will fix her up and give her the 'personality' that is trying to emerge. Enjoy!

Randy
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote