Introducing the Happier Camper Traveler - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #41
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
This unit looks great in the videos, but if it is going to use the Laveo toilet, we would not consider it. The refill kits are just too expensive (17 average uses each with a a pack of 3 costing $54.95), and frankly they seem wasteful to us throwing all of those materials away after limited use.

I couldn't really look close enough to identify what toilet was being used. I would think something more like the Nature's Head, which I think is an option on the Oliver, might be a better option, but maybe it wouldn't suit others. The C-Head is another option.

I know many people just try not to or don't use their camper toilets (even showers) at all, but if we aren't going to use the bathroom, a tent would be a more economical choice.

Paying more than $1.00 to use the toilet each time........
Cathy the HCT will offer both ,an option for a black tank and flush toilet or no black tank with the dry flush option or no toilet at all . Not every one wants to deal with a black tank and not every one wants to deal with no toilet.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thank you, Mike. Choices are good. Could one get a shower without a toilet option? That would allow for adding a portable/temp toilet in the area of one's choice. The units are just so pretty, and the system for vans I'm betting will be popular since I follow that "community" also, and so many have an issue of "where do I begin" especially when they have no construction skills.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #43

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Introducing the Happier Camper Traveler

Choices are great! I’m sure some would take the “none” option and install a composting toilet, while others would prefer a conventional porta-potty. Still, the majority opinion in most threads on the subject is a traditional black tank set-up, so good to hear that will be available as well.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:00 PM   #44
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Thank you, Mike. Choices are good. Could one get a shower without a toilet option? That would allow for adding a portable/temp toilet in the area of one's choice. The units are just so pretty, and the system for vans I'm betting will be popular since I follow that "community" also, and so many have an issue of "where do I begin" especially when they have no construction skills.
Yes shower with gray tank you put in what ever toilet you wish.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #45

We have 3 adults as we travel with an adult son with Down syndrome, so the separation created by the mid-section would be a plus for us.

So few units in the entire industry allow for choices and/or flexibility, so this is looking better and better. The smaller unit had the "cute" factor, but didn't seem practical in our "situation".

Thanks for answering my questions, Mike. We are in market this year to finally make a choice and get moving!
Old 01-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #46

I just saw one of the prototypes for sale on RVTrader: http://https://www.rvtrader.com/list...ler-5011025242

Very nice!
Old 01-17-2020, 08:49 PM   #47
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
I just saw one of the prototypes for sale on RVTrader: http://https://www.rvtrader.com/list...ler-5011025242

Very nice!
Some details on the HCT are now up on the Happier Camper website.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:03 AM   #48
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Nice trailer. Love the windows. Wide open on all sides? Why not the Hehr like the HC1? Are these acrylic or glass? Rock guard?

No wood. A big plus.

I have the shelves in my Trillium and I really like them. But the first trip on a back road and HER underwear was on the floor. Netting was my solution.

I have to confess I don't like the modular approach. I understand the versatility but it restricts the interior layout to 20" spacings and adds to the cost. I would l want a permanant queen bed in the rear but everything is a compromise. The bed here looks small?

Torsion Axle? Fifteen inch wheels?

Pricey, but Oliver has proven there's a market if the quality is there.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:16 AM   #49
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Nice trailer. Love the windows. Wide open on all sides? Why not the Hehr like the HC1? Are these acrylic or glass? Rock guard?

No wood. A big plus.

I have the shelves in my Trillium and I really like them. But the first trip on a back road and HER underwear was on the floor. Netting was my solution.

I have to confess I don't like the modular approach. I understand the versatility but it restricts the interior layout to 20" spacings and adds to the cost. I would l want a permanant queen bed in the rear but everything is a compromise. The bed here looks small?

Torsion Axle? Fifteen inch wheels?

Pricey, but Oliver has proven there's a market if the quality is there.
Thanks Raz for your input.
Yes those are awning style acrylic windows with built in retractable blinds and screens and yes there will be a rock guard available. There will also be netting for the wrap around shelf.
Like the Oliver this is also a full double hull shell with no wood in the construction and does add to the cost but also adds to the value.
The adaptive cube system which is also the same in the HC1 and the Sprinter van conversion allows the customer the ability to change the interior to suit there needs up to a queen in the front an full in the back or anything in between and really does not add to the cost and in fact makes does the opposite as all components can be built off site and cross referenced between all of them. There will also be a Goucho style bunk bed option available.
The HCT will come standard with 15 in wheels and torsion axle
Old 01-18-2020, 11:35 AM   #50

Nice update on the website. I am thrifty, so I'm wondering if the "from" price includes what was shown in the video clip. I did read through the standard features, but that left me sort of confused. My other issue with the video is the lack of someone actually doing a walk-through talking about the unit. Pretty backdrops are nice, but tell me what I am seeing inside/outside the trailer. Just my thoughts.

It is a beautiful product.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Nice update on the website. I am thrifty, so I'm wondering if the "from" price includes what was shown in the video clip. I did read through the standard features, but that left me sort of confused. My other issue with the video is the lack of someone actually doing a walk-through talking about the unit. Pretty backdrops are nice, but tell me what I am seeing inside/outside the trailer. Just my thoughts.

It is a beautiful product.
Thanks Cathy unlike the HC1 which has a large range of upgrades and add ons which dramatically increase the cost from a basic unit, the HCT will have many more standard features built in to the price . Our standard pricing is still not set as we are still developing features in to the trailer .
As with other HC products there will be many video details coming soon on interior details
Old 01-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #52

Mike: Thanks for the info.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:41 PM   #53

Name: Pavlo
Trailer: Scamp
California
Thats a great looking trailer!

My wife and I almost become an HC1 owners (we were pretty much settled to get one, but all of a sudden got a hard to pass deal on our current 2005 Scamp)

I can say that when we decide to step up to a bigger trailer, HC Traveler will definitely be on the very top of our list. Looks like it has everything we would need (except for a bigger fridge)

Up until now my dream trailer was a 16' Airstream Sport, glad to see Traveler utilizes similar layout (with kitchen and bathroom in the middle) but with added benefits of fiberglass construction and configurable bed layouts.
CA_hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:55 PM   #54
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_hiker View Post
Thats a great looking trailer!

My wife and I almost become an HC1 owners (we were pretty much settled to get one, but all of a sudden got a hard to pass deal on our current 2005 Scamp)

I can say that when we decide to step up to a bigger trailer, HC Traveler will definitely be on the very top of our list. Looks like it has everything we would need (except for a bigger fridge)

Up until now my dream trailer was a 16' Airstream Sport, glad to see Traveler utilizes similar layout (with kitchen and bathroom in the middle) but with added benefits of fiberglass construction and configurable bed layouts.
Congrats Pavlo on the Scamp ,it should serve you very well until your ready for the HCT .
Old 02-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #55

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
First of all congratulations on your beautiful trailer and the concepts involved. I started a new business in the 80s things were simple then! You have your hands full and that includes all the cash with not much return for awhile while you are getting this lined out!

No doubt there is a nice market available for you once you get going! Everything looks first class and well thought out!

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:51 AM   #56
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
First of all congratulations on your beautiful trailer and the concepts involved. I started a new business in the 80s things were simple then! You have your hands full and that includes all the cash with not much return for awhile while you are getting this lined out!

No doubt there is a nice market available for you once you get going! Everything looks first class and well thought out!

good luck

bob
Thanks Bob and yes you are very correct on your assessment on what it takes to build a fg trailer this century ,no way you can build a average cookie cutter trailer . HC must constantly strive to be creative and innovative on every thing they do.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #57

Name: Christyn
Trailer: Aliner
Illinois
HC1X?

I know this thread is a few months old but is there any update on the HC1X? Will it use the same molds as the HC1? I'm secretly hoping it's like the HC1 but like 2' longer and 6" higher with a raised axle, large wheels and bathroom-like area (like Taxa Mantis bathroom style) . I'm just excited to see it really.

Also I was wondering, I saw HC was starting to use 12v rooftop AC that can run off solar, is that unit being put on the HCT as well? Super exciting stuff
Christyn Midwestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:03 PM   #58
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyn Midwestyn View Post
I know this thread is a few months old but is there any update on the HC1X? Will it use the same molds as the HC1? I'm secretly hoping it's like the HC1 but like 2' longer and 6" higher with a raised axle, large wheels and bathroom-like area (like Taxa Mantis bathroom style) . I'm just excited to see it really.

Also I was wondering, I saw HC was starting to use 12v rooftop AC that can run off solar, is that unit being put on the HCT as well? Super exciting stuff
Hello Christyn and thanks for your interest in Happier Camper . Yes there are a lot of exciting things going on here . The HC1X prototype is very close to completion but for now it is still based on the 13 ft HC1 but with future plans for the trailer to be 20 in longer and 20 in wider or in HC1 terms 10 cubes larger.The new HC1X will have some very exciting features Such as a permanent bath ,shower and permanent kitchen located in corner and front . There will also be some features not seen on just about any other trailer that have to do with the rear hatch which will be revealed soon.
Yes the air conditioning unit is going to be a game changer in the small trailer industry and we are thoroughly testing 2 different size units in different climates and so far have been very impressed with both . These are units that were the staple in the European small trailer market but have been modified for the North American market with no more need for costly electrical conversion systems. Will they be the holly grail ,no but they will be close. Thanks again for your interest and check out Happier Camper .com for future updates and info.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #59

Name: Christyn
Trailer: Aliner
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Hello Christyn and thanks for your interest in Happier Camper . Yes there are a lot of exciting things going on here . The HC1X prototype is very close to completion but for now it is still based on the 13 ft HC1 but with future plans for the trailer to be 20 in longer and 20 in wider or in HC1 terms 10 cubes larger.The new HC1X will have some very exciting features Such as a permanent bath ,shower and permanent kitchen located in corner and front . There will also be some features not seen on just about any other trailer that have to do with the rear hatch which will be revealed soon.
Yes the air conditioning unit is going to be a game changer in the small trailer industry and we are thoroughly testing 2 different size units in different climates and so far have been very impressed with both . These are units that were the staple in the European small trailer market but have been modified for the North American market with no more need for costly electrical conversion systems. Will they be the holly grail ,no but they will be close. Thanks again for your interest and check out Happier Camper .com for future updates and info.
Thank you Mikmay! I've followed HC since the beginning, the plans for slightly bigger HC1 are crazy exciting, I think many people love the allure of the 13' FG trailers but they're just *slightly* too tight for tall people especially, an extra 20" in every direction would be a game-changer!

I think the 12v AC is also the way of the future for small campers, thanks for bringing it to the US . Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with.
Christyn Midwestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #60
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
I've had my HC-T since January and having also owned an HC-1, they both have their applications and I love them both.

The cubes, drain, and tie downs (I have used them to lock in place my bike during travel) are what makes the Happier Campers unique, and in my opinion, desirable.

And separating the front from the back with the bath/kitchen area is not as restrictive as it may sound because the windows in both areas provide the space and open up the areas. The view, space, and being able to see out all around is phenomenal.

And the fridge? Yes, it is a drawer. Yes it looks small, but I have found it is bigger than what it looks and seems to fit our needs, and it runs totally on the battery from the solar! How cool is that! No propane.

Are Happier Campers different? You bet they are, and for a good reason! Happier Camper is the most innovative, space utilizing, thought out futuristic design available today. I continue to be amazed at all the different parts to the design Happier Camper has incorporated, and that is because they are not just designers, but long time fiberglass trailer users as well. They know what works, they know what makes the small space more functional and they are not afraid to continue to make it better.

The HC-T is another excellent Happier Camper product.

Well done Happier Camper....WELL DONE!
tua is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper