Introducing the Happier Camper Traveler - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2020, 06:58 PM   #61

Name: Christyn
Trailer: Aliner
Illinois
I was wondering about the fridge, do you have any idea how many cubic foot is in that drawer? It looks pretty tiny for a family, perhaps there's a spot for a 12v cooler?

I completely agree with you, I know the established brands get most of the love but I think HC is pushing the small camper world in some really exciting ways. That's quite the testimony to the brand that you have stayed with them!

If they make an extra-large HC1 with a 12v rooftop AC...that sounds like the perfect little rig, I really hope they do!
Christyn Midwestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:23 PM   #62

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyn Midwestyn View Post
That's quite the testimony to the brand that you have stayed with them!
!
Who is this "you" that you refer to?
Old 06-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #63
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
She is referring to one of the earlier customers of the HC1 and who has also purchased the HCT and no Glenn has no interest in HC ,just a happier customer of the trailer you think is flawed.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #64

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
She is referring to one of the earlier customers of the HC1 and who has also purchased the HCT and no Glenn has no interest in HC ,just a happier customer of the trailer you think is flawed.

I never said it was flawed. Just not for me.

I thought maybe she was referring to you.
Was going to say "he should stick with HC"... "his son is an owner".
Old 06-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #65
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
I never said it was flawed. Just not for me.

I thought maybe she was referring to you.
Was going to say "he should stick with HC"... "his son is an owner".
01-23-2020 03:09am post 11 . Still invite you to our LA showroom for that great HC coffee ,of course thats when and if the border ever opens.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #66

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
01-23-2020 03:09am post 11 . Still invite you to our LA showroom for that great HC coffee ,of course thats when and if the border ever opens.
Mike, I would love to visit your showroom sometime to see the new stuff HC has done. I talked with your son, Derek if I remember correctly, at great length in Winnipeg and was very interested in what the plans at that time were.

I do wish it was closer to where one might go camping, not a great fan of driving around the LA area, but maybe a day trip some time. And yeah, the border would have to open up first.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #67

Trailer: U-Haul
Mikmay, could you give us an update on the status of the 12v air conditioner?

Is there any plans for when it will be available for the Traveler?
Craig D. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:00 PM   #68

Illinois
Quote:
Sorry I was trying to reply to "Tua".

I have the same question about the 12v AC on the HC1 and Traveler.

I'm also curious if HC has any future plans for a large live-in option like Escape or Bigfoot etc?
Old 07-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #69
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig D. Thompson View Post
Mikmay, could you give us an update on the status of the 12v air conditioner?

Is there any plans for when it will be available for the Traveler?
Craig we are testing on the HC1 right now and so far the smaller 3900 btu unit has worked very well on temperatures up to 95 degrees ,the larger 5000 btu unit is being tested on the HC1 by the manufacturer in Arizona and should know how it worked by next week. We will then test on the HCT . This is a combination testing by us and the manufacturer and it will be their call as to how they proceed.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #70

Thanks Mikmay.

Would you hint at when the 12v units might be available?

If I placed an order for a HCT very soon is there any chance that it could have a 12v air conditioner?
Old 07-16-2020, 07:51 AM   #71
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Thanks Mikmay.

Would you hint at when the 12v units might be available?

If I placed an order for a HCT very soon is there any chance that it could have a 12v air conditioner?
There is a good possibility that this unit could be available but would be depending on if the manufacturer of the air conditioner would have them available to us . With all the turmoil in the rv industry due to the pandemic there is no certainty at this time. I will keep you posted when I know more all HC1s and HCT s are pre wired for both AC and DC power and would be easy to install Either at time of outfitting.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #72

Thanks Mikmay.

Hope I don't come across as being demanding. Surely not my intent!

I am approaching a decision whether to place an order and want as much info as available.

Thanks again!! Look forward to hearing the final results of the testing.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #73
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Thanks Mikmay.

Hope I don't come across as being demanding. Surely not my intent!

I am approaching a decision whether to place an order and want as much info as available.

Thanks again!! Look forward to hearing the final results of the testing.
Completely understand ,this is one of the reasons most decisions can be made Towards the end of the build process and not be stuck with things you don’t want or need.Only the color choice and window choice are final decisions you need to do on theHC1 and HCT.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:45 AM   #74

Name: Rick
Trailer: Kicking tires, again
Delaware
I hope this isn’t off topic but can a bike rack be attached to the HCT?
We are former Airstream owners and have been kicking the tires on a new travel trailer for sometime. If we go down this road again we need a queen, interior head/shower and easy to tow (we have a 2016 VW Touareg with 7000lbs towing capacity but no WD allowed.)
Also fiberglass appeals to me, especially having lived with leaks in Airstream.
The HCT seem to fit what we want. The only way to get a queen in Escape is to go with the 19 or new 21...and Oliver only provides small double bed in their 17.
So the question becomes. Can we also bring our bikes along?
Schuhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:19 AM   #75
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuhouse View Post
I hope this isn’t off topic but can a bike rack be attached to the HCT?
We are former Airstream owners and have been kicking the tires on a new travel trailer for sometime. If we go down this road again we need a queen, interior head/shower and easy to tow (we have a 2016 VW Touareg with 7000lbs towing capacity but no WD allowed.)
Also fiberglass appeals to me, especially having lived with leaks in Airstream.
The HCT seem to fit what we want. The only way to get a queen in Escape is to go with the 19 or new 21...and Oliver only provides small double bed in their 17.
So the question becomes. Can we also bring our bikes along?
Thanks Rick for your interest in the HCT yes bikes would be no problem on the back or front of the HCT but just like all trailers weight distribution would be key so you would want to load your trailer appropriately.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #76
Commercial Member

Ontario
Also all HCTs and HC1s do come standard with a rear 2 inch receiver and can be optioned for a receiver on the front.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #77

Delaware
Quote:
Also all HCTs and HC1s do come standard with a rear 2 inch receiver and can be optioned for a receiver on the front.
Great that is helpful. One thing I did notice is only a refrigerator door is available. Any future plans on allowing a larger refrig/freeezer? I would think if one was willing to have a smaller dinette set up it could work. Maybe I am mistaken since I am only looking at the limited photos/videos.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #78
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Great that is helpful. One thing I did notice is only a refrigerator door is available. Any future plans on allowing a larger refrig/freeezer? I would think if one was willing to have a smaller dinette set up it could work. Maybe I am mistaken since I am only looking at the limited photos/videos.
Thanks for the advice.
Rick the drawer fridge holds a surprising amount and is super convenient to access from outside the trailer as well as the inside. As with any small trailer there will always be trade offs a larger fridge would cut into bed or bathroom space but I believe HC is working on that . Their are also many supplemental alternatives to needing a larger fridge these days Even some of the new coolers such as Yeti are extremely efficient at keeping food cold for a long time.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #79

Delaware
Quote:
Rick the drawer fridge holds a surprising amount and is super convenient to access from outside the trailer as well as the inside. As with any small trailer there will always be trade offs a larger fridge would cut into bed or bathroom space but I believe HC is working on that . Their are also many supplemental alternatives to needing a larger fridge these days Even some of the new coolers such as Yeti are extremely efficient at keeping food cold for a long time.
Thank you Mike....I agree on trade offs...I’m looking for something nimble, something that would allow us to go cross country and experience the national parks. While still providing creature comforts...
I will tell you your HCT seems to provide a lot of what I am looking for...you have me thinking about alternatives for food storage..We aren’t looking for boondocking as much as traveling in comfort..with that said I would give up some of the dinette for a larger refrig...
Old 08-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #80

Illinois
Quote:
Thank you Mike....I agree on trade offs...I’m looking for something nimble, something that would allow us to go cross country and experience the national parks. While still providing creature comforts...
I will tell you your HCT seems to provide a lot of what I am looking for...you have me thinking about alternatives for food storage..We aren’t looking for boondocking as much as traveling in comfort..with that said I would give up some of the dinette for a larger refrig...
I agree 100%, I would give up almost any other space in there for a bigger fridge. Even the size of a dorm fridge would be something. Thanks for asking about the bikes, I was wondering that myself the other day!

Tags
happier camper