Is Parkliner Out of Business? - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #161

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
I really enjoy this website and the help by many members it provides. I cannot speak for anyone but myself but the Parkliner is awesome. Sooo many who have viewed mine at campsites and agree and then they ask where can I buy? So, that has always been the struggle with my answer. In reality if not for Tom Bass's involvement the announcement of closing would probably have been earlier. Tom force some positive customer service issues but could not rescue the business as the popularity of the camper grew out of the "garage" stage. This was a concept put into reality but not organized as a business and suffered as such. The product is great (after correction from early designs) but the business never was functional. I dealt with Chandler on several occasions. He was a very nice guy. That is why some have a great experience with him. He also dropped the ball and Tom picked it up. That is a summary of my dealings with him. Just felt the need to say all of this because I appreciated all of Frank's enthusiasm and earlier post when he first purchased his Parkliner (before Chandler's promises and lack of delivery on promises) This whole post is probably out of place but I just wanted to say I always enjoyed Frank's post and innovation in customizing his camper and hope he will share that with us in the future.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #162

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
I thought Franks main concern was the wheel well modification which was surely a factory defect and Chandler was supposedly committed to fix. Putting undersize tires on looks to me like Chandler wanted to find a low cost solution rather than keep his word and fix the problem properly. The accident had nothing to do with the wheel wells.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #163

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
I thought Franks main concern was the wheel well modification which was surely a factory defect and Chandler was supposedly committed to fix. Putting undersize tires on looks to me like Chandler wanted to find a low cost solution rather than keep his word and fix the problem properly. The accident had nothing to do with the wheel wells.
Jack, I might be wrong and hopefully Frank will correct me if I am sticking my foot in my mouth but it seems to me that there were no rub marks on Franks trailer and if that is true I suspect that they figured they would do something hence the new tires. Believe me, I am not sticking up for Chandler, I think that Frank spent a huge amount of time and money getting his trailer down there with little to no satisfaction. I am sad that Frank didn't come away from there happy. But, saying that, there are still a lot of us that are very happy with our trailers and I would love to see more of these little gems made so others can enjoy them like many of us do.
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner