Is Parkliner Out of Business? - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:10 AM   #141

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Parkliner made a very fine FGRV with lots of innovative ideas but, as the owner stated in the offer to sell, he was an engineer, not a marketing person, and it showed.

The good news: The new owner will have nowhere to go but UP.

The Bad News: The new owner will have nowhere to go but UP.

Let's wait and see......
Pretty much my read, too.

I do wish them well, and hope that things get turned around, but only time will tell.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #142

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Let's each put $5.00 in a pot and guess what the date will be for their first delivery.
I'll put my $5 on "Never".
Old 12-08-2015, 06:55 PM   #143

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I'll put my $5 on "Never".

Darn, that's when I was gonna choose...
Old 12-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #144

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Let's each put $5.00 in a pot and guess what the date will be for their first delivery.
The exact date I'll guess is February 30, 2016!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #145

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Not sure about this comment Frank as you've been pretty vocal in your posts of the "he said, she said" since you took it back to them. At least that is how it comes across to me from all of them. You have said you like it and are going to keep it.
I've had a couple vehicles over the years that I would dovetail to your experience but I chalked it up to life's learning experiences (I've got a number of entries in it) and let it go because my blood pressure was way more important than the $$$$ it cost me. I've always said it's green and dirty and I can't take it with me. Life's to short and I'm getting closer to the upper end of the run . Happy traveling and camping.
Amen Dave!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #146

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Gee, I am so glad all you fine folk are having fun at my expense. Parkliner sold me a bill of goods, and then after a lot of our expense to get the trailer down there for a week (and back), they screwed me. That did not leave me in the best of moods, but I guess the lesson here is I never should have said anything on these forums. We're keeping our Parkliner, and hoping the new owners would be willing to do some work on ours at whatever their going rate is. And I guess I might as well exit FGRV for all the good it's done me.

By everybody. Have fun.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 12-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #147

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Frank,

For what it's worth, I agree 100% with you that some are being "insensitive" to PL owners on this site.

You guys did the same thing that EVERY owner on this site has done and that's make a selection you thought was best and suited you.

You guys have NO choice in the matter that it was ran by poor management or virtually none and possibly closed.

I DID go to their site yesterday, called, then left an "email" as suggested and so far no response.

I personally would not need PL if I owned one as I would take care of it myself. I hope you can find some reputable RV repair shop to help alleviate problems and hopefully establish a working-relationship with them so you can continue to enjoy camping.

If you need help, let the make-funners do their thing but some of us will try our best to help you.

Take care and hang in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Gee, I am so glad all you fine folk are having fun at my expense. Parkliner sold me a bill of goods, and then after a lot of our expense to get the trailer down there for a week (and back), they screwed me. That did not leave me in the best of moods, but I guess the lesson here is I never should have said anything on these forums. We're keeping our Parkliner, and hoping the new owners would be willing to do some work on ours at whatever their going rate is. And I guess I might as well exit FGRV for all the good it's done me.

By everybody. Have fun.

Frank
Old 12-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #148

Frank,
you are in the general chat forum, maybe you missed the description

"Similar to "Cheers" format, don't take anything too seriously.... "
Old 12-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #149

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
I have not seen anyone making fun of Frank, not one! We all understand he has problems with his ParkLiner, but all those problems were not created by Chandler. Bottom line, the trailer was in a accident BEFORE Frank purchased it from the previous owner. If I were to be upset with anyone it would have been the person who chose not to inform Frank before the purchase of the accident. It sounded like Chandler was going to fix the problems until he realized that it was in a accident and Frank was not the first owner.
BTW.....I believe everyone on this site is willing to help, but you are just beating a dead horse every time you bring up Chandler.
FWIW......I enjoy a lot of your posts, Frank. No need to take the ball and go home, your bigger then that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Frank,

For what it's worth, I agree 100% with you that some are being "insensitive" to PL owners on this site.

You guys did the same thing that EVERY owner on this site has done and that's make a selection you thought was best and suited you.

You guys have NO choice in the matter that it was ran by poor management or virtually none and possibly closed.

I DID go to their site yesterday, called, then left an "email" as suggested and so far no response.

I personally would not need PL if I owned one as I would take care of it myself. I hope you can find some reputable RV repair shop to help alleviate problems and hopefully establish a working-relationship with them so you can continue to enjoy camping.

If you need help, let the make-funners do their thing but some of us will try our best to help you.

Take care and hang in there!!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #150

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
By everybody. Have fun. Frank
Don't go Frank! FGRVers are kind of like family and like real family you don't always get to pick your relatives, but are stuck with them nonetheless. So stick with us.

Just think, if PL can be reborn and prospers you will be the proud owner of a rare "1st Gen" PL!
Old 12-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #151

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Frank, my wife and I would still snap up a Parkliner in a heartbeat if we were in the market. It's an amazing camper/floor plan for its size. But like LindaF pointed out, the real "bad guys" in your situation are the previous owners who weren't forthcoming with you about the history and true condition of your camper. I hope their deceit by omission still haunts them....
Old 12-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #152

Registry
I've been reading this thread for over 5 months now. The focus has shifted during its run from "are they still in business?" It is only natural that it would do so since the OP posed a simple yes/no question that could have been answered in a post or two.

Frank entered this fray early on and immediately made it clear that while there is no love lost between himself and Chandler, he really loves his Parkliner. He has stated that in numerous posts in numerous threads. Now I know neither Frank nor Chandler or, for that matter, any of the participants in this Parkliner saga. I have never even seen a Parkliner so I don't really have a dog in this race. But I’m taking sides...

I hope Frank is still at least reading the forum and I don’t blame him for being pissed. He has no culpability in this situation, all the blame clearly lies with Chandler. Exonerating Chandler because

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
...Bottom line, the trailer was in a accident BEFORE Frank purchased it from the previous owner. If I were to be upset with anyone it would have been the person who chose not to inform Frank before the purchase of the accident...
just doesn’t hold water.

I agree that the original owner of Frank's unit "should" have notified him of the previous damage when it was sold, that's the honorable thing to do. But apparently not all folks subscribe to that line of thinking. That being said, Frank states he was unaware of the damage until it was pointed out to him by Chandler when the unit was returned to the factory for work that Chandler had agreed to do.

Quote:
...It sounded like Chandler was going to fix the problems until he realized that it was in a accident and Frank was not the first owner...
What has not being the first owner got to do with anything? If Chandler didn't already know that Frank was not the original owner, he simply was not paying attention. It isn’t as if millions of units had been built and sold. He should have been able to name every owner. I say that since Chandler had agreed to do this work, he should have done it or notified Frank immediately that he would not be doing it for whatever reason. Not preforming the work was bad enough but not telling him and allowing Frank to leave assuming the work had be done is just inexcusable.

What I have gleaned from reading many posts with Chandler’s name in them was he was a good engineer, a poor business man, undependable, furtive and basically a jerk. Personally, I’m glad he’s out of the fiberglass trailer business. I hope the new company owners (when and if they surface) will be better at it and can supply and service Parkliners for all the new and current owners.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #153

"It isn’t as if millions of units had been built and sold. He should have been able to name every owner"

In the archives, PL never kept track of owners who bought new (it's own customer contact information). Cheers Steve.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #154

Oregon
I'm not saying

I'm not saying Chandler didn't drop the ball on a LOT of things. The guy is probably a nice person that's terrible on the phone. Probably had good intentions of fixing the camper, but after looking at it and seeing the damage from a previous accident, he had to be thinking "oh no, this isn't our fault".

So Steve, your saying that those things that probably broke in the accident (I said probably) should have also been fixed by the company or did I read that wrong? That's an interesting thought.
Bottom line, Frank NEEDS to get over this and stop kicking himself and others and just accept the fact that he made a mistake in purchasing THIS ParkLiner. Get on with life, it's too short to dwell on this.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #155

Oregon
yes....

yes, I recall reading that too, Ken. Interesting, if it were me and I were building campers I would want each one marked and all the info of the purchaser, but that's me. Chandler missed the boat on a lot of things, but not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
"It isn’t as if millions of units had been built and sold. He should have been able to name every owner"

In the archives, PL never kept track of owners who bought new (it's own customer contact information). Cheers Steve.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #156

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
...In the archives, PL never kept track of owners who bought new (it's own customer contact information)...
Unbelievable!!! What a guy.

Quote:
...So Steve, your saying that those things that probably broke in the accident (I said probably) should have also been fixed by the company or did I read that wrong?...
Yes, Linda apparently you did read that wrong. What I said was “...since Chandler had agreed to do this work, he should have done it or notified Frank immediately that he would not be doing it for whatever reason...” And it’s “you’re” not “your”.

I stated I was taking sides. I took it and now I’m done. I think it’s time for this topic to be dropped. We’ve managed to run off a member with nearly 2000 posts that actually OWNS a trailer.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #157

Oregon
"What has not being the first owner got to do with anything?"

Steve, I don't know what campers include all owners during a specific time period. IF they warranty things like certain car companies with their 100,000 mile warranty, that is only good to the original purchaser. I'm not certain if that is the case with ParkLiner.
BTW.....ME, I am not taking sides with anyone here. That's not what this was all about.
I will take some of my own advice and "let it go". On to more threads in hopes of making friends and learning.

Quote:
I've been reading this thread for over 5 months now. The focus has shifted during its run from "are they still in business?" It is only natural that it would do so since the OP posed a simple yes/no question that could have been answered in a post or two.

Frank entered this fray early on and immediately made it clear that while there is no love lost between himself and Chandler, he really loves his Parkliner. He has stated that in numerous posts in numerous threads. Now I know neither Frank nor Chandler or, for that matter, any of the participants in this Parkliner saga. I have never even seen a Parkliner so I don't really have a dog in this race. But I’m taking sides...

I hope Frank is still at least reading the forum and I don’t blame him for being pissed. He has no culpability in this situation, all the blame clearly lies with Chandler. Exonerating Chandler because

just doesn’t hold water.

I agree that the original owner of Frank's unit "should" have notified him of the previous damage when it was sold, that's the honorable thing to do. But apparently not all folks subscribe to that line of thinking. That being said, Frank states he was unaware of the damage until it was pointed out to him by Chandler when the unit was returned to the factory for work that Chandler had agreed to do.

What has not being the first owner got to do with anything? If Chandler didn't already know that Frank was not the original owner, he simply was not paying attention. It isn’t as if millions of units had been built and sold. He should have been able to name every owner. I say that since Chandler had agreed to do this work, he should have done it or notified Frank immediately that he would not be doing it for whatever reason. Not preforming the work was bad enough but not telling him and allowing Frank to leave assuming the work had be done is just inexcusable.

What I have gleaned from reading many posts with Chandler’s name in them was he was a good engineer, a poor business man, undependable, furtive and basically a jerk. Personally, I’m glad he’s out of the fiberglass trailer business. I hope the new company owners (when and if they surface) will be better at it and can supply and service Parkliners for all the new and current owners.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #158
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Quote:
We’ve managed to run off a member with nearly 2000 posts that actually OWNS a trailer.
Dave and I gave Frank advice from personal experience. When I was in the same situation I realized I had two choices. I could find a lawyer or deal with things myself. Continually trashing the other guy may make you feel good but it won't solve your problem. I can't imagine Frank was offended by either of our posts, but who knows. Perhaps he found Steve's "lottery" offensive? Unfortunately the written word lacks the cues face to face conversation provides and so misunderstandings can occur. I don't think anyone ran Frank off. And I suspect with time to think about it, he'll be back. Raz
Old 12-10-2015, 06:11 PM   #159

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
I'm pretty sure no one (except Steve's childish grammar comment) is trying to offend. If a car is in an accident who is responsible for the repair, the dealership or the insurance company. The biggest rotten thing that Chandler did was not to do the work and not even show up to tell Frank. But considering the trailer had been in an accident what responsibility did the factory then have for the trailer. There are many twists and turns to this story and no perfect answer. Frank, I sure want you to love your trailer and be happy with Daisy again…...
Old 12-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #160

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Punctuation would be appreciated.
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner