Is Parkliner Out of Business? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #1

Name: Polly
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Is Parkliner Out of Business?

A friend stopped by their business and they are gone. A new business is in their spaces. Several Parkliner owners have stopped by and there is no new address.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
They could have moved their location to cut operating costs. The molds must be somewhere. I bet you sure are glad you went with your scamp mellissa, with the snoozy cracks and all
Old 07-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
OMGoodness! Hope everybody who had orders got theirs. Man, hate to see that. Looked like an excellent floorplan and was at the top of our list if/when we get to the age of wanting/needing a bigger trailer.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #4

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Polly, when I had Chandler install my awning it was mid May. He said he still planned to stay in business but run the operation from his shop at his home - Kevin
Old 07-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #5

Thanks Kevin, if so, another rumor squashed.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #6

Name: Polly
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Um, so where is he? It's not a rumor that he has moved and left no address. Please, prove me wrong.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #7
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Please see the thread " Is Parkliner still in business" from about a month ago.
From my posting(#27):
Tom Bass is out
The molds are at a nearby boat maker
Chandler and one other employee are making one a month.
He decided this route over a buy out Tom had brokered. Apparently he just could not or would not let go so Tom left.
His business his choice
None of this diminishes how happy I am with mine. Approaching 10,000 issue free miles, it's still a great design! I have no second thoughts.
Sid
Old 07-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Sad to hear that if it is true, looked like they built a nice trailer, I particularly liked the floor plan with side bunks...when we bought our Boler 3 months ago I envisioned a front bath with side bunks then while browsing on here about 2 weeks ago I discovered the Parkliner side bunk layout which helped me figure out a details on ours which is only 13' though so I am sure that extra 3' on the Parkliner made a big difference...
Old 07-01-2015, 06:52 PM   #9

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Sid, sounds like you received the exact same info as me. Chandler was moving the operation (while I was there having an awning installed) to his home. He did tell me he had teamed with a boat maker to save on cost and would be producing about 1 a month. I ask no other questions. I do not know his address or know if he will return calls, which has always been a problem. I just know he installed an awning for me which is great and the camper is great. I like others wish he and placing an order were more accessible but it is what it is. The other part of the story is after corrections were made from the 1st generations of campers it is, and still is a great camper for its size. There are other choices and much better run companies but when it comes to size and cost I am very happy with the product. Only time will tell if he still produces the camper a year from now.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:48 PM   #10

Polly...dunno if you were looking to purchase a Parkliner. But personally, if you were and I was you, I'd RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyMarie2 View Post
Um, so where is he? It's not a rumor that he has moved and left no address. Please, prove me wrong.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #11

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Polly...dunno if you were looking to purchase a Parkliner. But personally, if you were and I was you, I'd RUN!
Hate to agree, but if I had any inkling that the company might not be around in awhile, I'd probably go elsewhere. Customer service and support are prime concerns for me, but YMMV.

Having said that, the company is not currently out of business. Time will tell.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
A business that customers can't find won't be a business for long.
Hobby perhaps.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #13

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
A business that customers can't find won't be a business for long.
Hobby perhaps.
Yes, one-a-month production rate does sound more like a hobby.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:40 AM   #14
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
While in N.C. in May we sent them an email. We intended to stop by to see their trailer. We've yet to receive a reply. That's out of business as far as I'm concerned.

The good news is that these folks put a queen bed, a dinette, and a bath in a 15 foot trailer that was competitively priced. It would appear they were overwhelmed by the demand. I suspect someone else will notice and we will see a similar trailer in the not too distant future. Raz
Old 07-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #15

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
While in N.C. in May we sent them an email. We intended to stop by to see their trailer. We've yet to receive a reply. That's out of business as far as I'm concerned.

The good news is that these folks put a queen bed, a dinette, and a bath in a 15 foot trailer that was competitively priced. It would appear they were overwhelmed by the demand. I suspect someone else will notice and we will see a similar trailer in the not too distant future. Raz
Based on several of the comments above, it doesn't look like it was a demand issue, but a disagreement between the owner/partner that forced a business rearrangement. Of course, demand could have contributed. Here's hoping they stay in business and eventually get back to full production. There are so few fiberglass rv manufacturers compared to the stickies.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #16

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Yep, I can't count the number of companies that went under when they got to many orders for their product. But I can count the number that went under from poor management and/or poor customer service/relationships.

Let's see, there are no less than four FGRV start-ups this year and several others that shut down. Lets wait and see what happens.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #17

Maybe Jayne Relic trailers can get off the ground. You can see one at the sonofabear trailer rally in Enumclaw July 9th as mentioned on their twitter. If anyone goes, please post your impressions.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #18

Name: BillC
Trailer: Parkliner; 2013 Honda Ridgeline
North Carolina
Parkliner is no longer at 106 E Railroad Ave

I stopped by their "former" Gibsonville facility on June 30, 2015 and found it had been cleaned out and that another company had taken up residence. All the new tenants could tell me is that the former tenant had vacated and they had been there for several weeks. They had no other information.

I hope Chandler is well and the company is somehow still in business.

It's still a great camper. It is not uncommon for RV and boat manufacturers to go out of business. A good product will always hold its value.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #19

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I stopped by their "former" Gibsonville facility on June 30, 2015 and found it had been cleaned out and that another company had taken up residence. All the new tenants could tell me is that the former tenant had vacated and they had been there for several weeks. They had no other information.
Basically what you are saying is that it is operation normal of Parkliner in so far as their communication with prospective as well as current customers is and always has been very poor. Which is, if they are in fact out of business a big contributing reason for their departure.

Their Facebook Page as well as website still show their address a 106E Railroad Ave. No announcement on either site that they have moved.

Most companies that move post something to that effect on their Webpage and Facebook page and put a sign at the previous address advising where they have moved to or at the very least advise the current tenant where they went so they can tell anyone who comes looking for them at the old address.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #20
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Based on several of the comments above, it doesn't look like it was a demand issue, but a disagreement between the owner/partner that forced a business rearrangement.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Yep, I can't count the number of companies that went under when they got to many orders for their product. But I can count the number that went under from poor management and/or poor customer service/relationships.
You missed my point. I never said demand put them out of business but simply that they were overwhelmed. i.e. had lots of interest. If these folks can come up with a queen bed, dinette" and bath in 15 feet then someone with better business skills might do it and succeed. We can only hope. Raz
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner