Is Parkliner still in business? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I too really do hope he can pull this together, and very soon. Obviously for the most part a really great product, but dealing with the bad things so far needs to be put at the top of the priority list. If not, future business will suffer.

A strong company with a good product like Parkliner has the potential to be, is of great benefit to the strength of the entire industry.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #22

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
For those who are trying to deal with Parkliner, and having slow/no response, or inadequate answers, I suggest you document everything with dates and problems. If you ever have to take legal action, it will give you something to stand on. It is nice to be nice, and try to understand a new companies problems, but you are a customer. Reading the problems that show up here on one little forum, I wouldn't buy a Parkliner if the government gave me a grant. Parkliner needs to satisfy its customers or they won't have any customers.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Old 10-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #23

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
For those who are trying to deal with Parkliner, and having slow/no response, or inadequate answers, I suggest you document everything with dates and problems. If you ever have to take legal action, it will give you something to stand on. It is nice to be nice, and try to understand a new companies problems, but you are a customer. Reading the problems that show up here on one little forum, I wouldn't buy a Parkliner if the government gave me a grant. Parkliner needs to satisfy its customers or they won't have any customers.
I can partially agree with you Alice... but overall Im still very happy with my ParkLiner. Yeah the lack of communication with existing customers that are haveing a manufacturing related problem is not how to run a successful business.

Now I havent heard back from ParkLiner ... the last time I spoke with them back in late july or early aughust they said they would have solutions in september to the 2 big issues(battery venting and tire rub) They also at that point said they were not sure how they were going to deal with out of warranty trailers...well honestly this isnt a user problem...its a manufacturing problem so either way it needs to be addressed.

I'm not experiencing the tire rub like most others but It wouldnt hurt for more clearance so while offroad and the ParkLiner bottoms out and the tire hits the wheelwell its not going to cause damage... because there really isnt enough clearance.

Its good to see they are doing something about the problems. I think its an awesome design, I love haveing the queen sized bed, wider width, and all the overhead storage. Im really hoping in 19 years when its retirement time I can trade mine in for say a 19' ParkLiner 5th wheel model

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #24

Name: Kris
Trailer: Previous 2012 Park Liner, New Parkliner Ordered
Alabama
I just returned from the ParkLiner factory in NC this week. I took my camper there to repair a battery problem. A chassis was being delivered to begin production on a new one while I was there. Hope that is encouraging...
Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #25

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

YES Parkliner is "still in business" !

Some of you might have already read my post over at the tire rub thread that Chandler had sent me a kind reply detailing the fix in store for our PL#35.

I had sent off the email October 1st and Chandler sent his detailed reply after work-hours on October 4th.

I will say this again, and i'm not Pro-any-brand...(Chevy, Ford, Casita, Parkliner...you get the idea)...
Like deryk, Cari & I are overall pleased with our PL.
Yes there are things we've tweaked and will have _fixed_ along the way.
Yes (lack of) customer service has caused frustration at times.
Yes we didn't hear from PL for ~2 months after we put down our deposit.
Yes, Yes, Yes. BUT... : ) We went in eyes open as early adopters knowing any and all of this could happen with a start up company.

I have a long history as an early adopter, i bought an Apple II in 1979!!
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #26

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
It is clear people are pleased overall with the Parkliner as a product. The fact that some communications are responded to and others are not is key. I think you can only go so long with poor business practices before it becomes irreversible. We are empathetic but there needs to be a system in place with respect to the customer. I responded directly to Chandlers email which really didn't firmly address our questions but instead was a diatribe on his internal organizational stresses and finished with him hoping we were praying people?? Granted there was something akin to implied resolution in his email..... I intended my response to be compassionate but firm We have questions. We would like answers please. So we shall see where that gets us. I did offer a pointer on filing email communications but seriously there are so many small simple steps that could have avoided this level of negligence. News of a response to my questions forthcoming I hope.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #27

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Troubles with Tribbles ????

One of the thinnest books in the library. (Library Def: Place where hard copies were stored so no one could easily access them in the last century) is the one Titled: "Companies that Succeeded After Demonstrating Really Bad Customer Service" by B.K. & Iam Broke.

From the below communications I offer several suggestions to PL=, as I suspect (or at least hope) that they following these threads.

1) Don't try to make your problems into customer problems. They are really not interested.

2) Even if you don't have an answer the customer wants to hear, at least reply. Two months without communication tells a customer that you don't really give a rats patootie about them.

3) Unless you personally know a customer, referring to Deity as a business practice is waaaay off base.

Free advise is worth what you pay for it and how you use it.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Same basic info was in my business 101 textbooks
Old 10-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #29

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Lines of communication with ParkLiner appear to be undergoing restoration. I received a reply today from Chandler to an email sent last night which gives me hope for the future. Do I expect a 100%, overnight turnaround and everything to be perfect. That would be right up there with rainbows and unicorns. Still, I take this as a positive sign and believe that any progress to fix their customer service issues is better than no progress. Please don't make the mistake of confusing my encouragement with satisfaction. At least we are, once again, moving in the right direction.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #30

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
You guys are more patient than me. The only response I would want, would be when I was getting my deposit back after canceling.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #31

New Jersey
Registry
Jared sometimes patience is a good thing... I am still firmly believing that ParkLiner has a good product.... current and future models will be even better when the changes to the mould are done. I agree they need to start responding to calls and emails... not responding makes ya feel you are being ignored... and this isn't chump change

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #32

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Jared sometimes patience is a good thing... I am still firmly believing that ParkLiner has a good product.... current and future models will be even better when the changes to the mould are done. I agree they need to start responding to calls and emails... not responding makes ya feel you are being ignored... and this isn't chump change
Seems to me there is a huge difference between patience once you have had the trailer a while and patience when you have made a deposit,gotten nothing in return and your calls go unanswered.

Don't you think?

I would be at the factory myself and then nobody will be happy!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #33

New Jersey
Registry
Well I probably would have had to pay my lawyer to send a letter to light a fire under their butt. This lack of communication is a sore spot. I sent them an email on Saturday after 2 calls last week....Brian got a response the next day...I'm also trying hard to be patient... I want this battery venting resolution done so I don't have to worry about it anymore... I'm still wondering about the last comment they made to me about not sure what they are going to do with out of warranty trailers( and I bought mine used it was 10 months old). So wondering if I'm going to get screwed over.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #34

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Jared sometimes patience is a good thing... I am still firmly believing that ParkLiner has a good product.... current and future models will be even better when the changes to the mould are done.
Are you trying to convince yourself here? I'm not at all impressed with any aspect of the product or the service he offers.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #35

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Are you trying to convince yourself here? I'm not at all impressed with any aspect of the product or the service he offers.
And so why are you participating in this thread? It borders on trolling IMHO.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #36

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Owning a brand of trailer is like being married.

You tend to be more forgiving when you're married than when you are dating. In marriage you hope that time will moderate the weaknesses and it sometimes if not often does.

Unless you're wealthy, a 'trailer divorice' can be costly, on more than the dollar level.

If it resolves, the owners and manufacturer can grow up together, like many of us have.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #37

Washington
Registry
Because it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so gullible. I find it amusing. It's entertainment you can't buy!
The name of this thread should be changed from "Is Parkliner Still In Business" to "Should Parkliner Still Be In Business"
Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #38

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Because it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so gullible. I find it amusing. It's entertainment you can't buy!
The name of this thread should be changed from "Is Parkliner Still In Business" to "Should Parkliner Still Be In Business"
Enjoy this post while you can. I know that it won't be up long once the "Mods" come on line. They just love deleting my stuff.
And that is definitely trolling.

I can't imagine why you would object to a mod deleting your comments when every response so far has been trolling.

I am betting that you are also an iHead and do the same thing on forums for non iProducts.

(where my comment is in itself is a trolling comment, and deserves to be deleted.)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #39

Washington
Registry
Well, if speaking my honest feelings makes me a Troll, then I guess I'm a Troll for having my own views. If a person has to lie about something just to be accepted into the fold, the heck with it. I am not here to Troll, but I do see through all the baloney that is spouted about these trailers.
And no, I don't have any I pods, or smart phones either, so that's just a speculative assumption on your part too.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #40

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
While CG and I don't always agree, often observations from "Outside" are of greater value than those from "Inside" a problem, as ones vision isn't clouded by investment and/or personal pride.

As those in engineering have certainly experienced, there is always someone that disagrees, and they are usually branded as the trolls of that group..... at least by the person with the original idea, while the others listen...

Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner