Is Parkliner still in business? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #1

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
Is Parkliner still in business?

Is there anyone out there that can tell me whether Parkliner is still in business? We ordered in May, paid our deposit and shipped our fabric (got out the maps to start planning excursions) and were promised an August delivery. In August they called and told us it would be Sept. It's now Oct and no one (well there is a recording) there answers the business phone or Chandler or Cameron's emails or phones. We attempted some form of communication at least a dozen times (yes I'm now counting) to no avail. My husband believes they may just call one day to announce it's ready- meanwhile we keep changing plans to accommodate the unknown...never mind what we will do if we ever have a warranty problem as we are in the western US. In reading all the forums and blogs I can find in cyber space along with the fact their patents have been abandoned and they don't have any customer service I am concerned they have or are going under. Any feedback? Perhaps if you have seen life around the Parkliner neighborhood you could reassure me that it will all be OK and we will eventually get some communication or better yet a camper.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I checked NC newspapers and did not find any information on Parkliner bankruptcy.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
There is a member who got their deposit back. IDK if it was over the phone or face to face with Chandler, it is in the archives here. You may want to get a physical paper document on the warranty before you take delivery. Others have reported no copy of the PL warranty was given to them. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #4

Wyoming
Thanks- I also took a look at them and emailed the local merchants association - also with no reply but it is a small town and they may only moniter their site occasionally. There was a member who visited in August and went for another mfr but no word anywhere since then that I can find. Thanks for taking the step extra in our interest.
Elli
Old 10-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have a lot of nice folks here. If you want someone who lives near to physically drive by and ask it might be worth a try. Just passing along the idea. Members have bent over backwards to help each other out in the past here. Take care.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Interesting. Despite all the posts here, there are no complaints against ParkLiner on the BBB site. No rating. See below.

ParkLiner, Inc Business Review in Gibsonville, NC - Central North Carolina BBB
Old 10-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #7

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
You might want to send them a registered letter, return receipt/proof of delivery required, demanding immediate communication and/or return of deposit. Better yet if you can have a local attorney send it.

If there is no response within 3 days of said delivery you may be dealing with theft of funds and/or fraud for putting you off. At that point the local NC District Attorney's office might be the peeps to call.

BTW: As you are dealing with an interstate commerce transaction, there may also be some federal issues here as well.

All that said, I hope you can stand the loss, it doesn't sound good.

BTW: Recent events have suggested that some complaints sent to BBB's may never see the light off day, especially if they are not a local BBB dues paying member. "No Complaints" is not always good news.
From the BBB Site:

This Business is not BBB Accredited

ParkLiner, Inc

(800) 418-2120106 Railroad Ave, Suite G, Gibsonville, NC 27249
http://parkliner.com

Old 10-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #8

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Elli, Sorry to hear that nobody has contacted you about your trailer. I do know that Parkliner has a lack of communication and customer service. When I saw your post today I did try and call them, but now answer. Which is not unusual as most do know. As for my camper I have had good luck with it and haven't had the problems as some have had. I do hope you have good luck on what ever you decide, either a refund or a new trailer.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #9

The BBB records complaints and gives a rating for a business whether they are are member or not.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #10

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Hello...I'm a mostly content ParkLiner owner.... still trying to get in contact with them about the battery ventilation issue. I'm not experiencing the tire rub issue that the later models are having.

Ignore the troll..

.I've got 2 calls in this week with no response.... typical which is sad. They can make a great product but have really dropped the ball. I would follow the advise with a registered letter and a little threat to either light a fire under His ass it report him
Real sad situation IMHO.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #11

BBB Friend or Foe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
The BBB records complaints and gives a rating for a business whether they are are member or not.
\=====================================

That's what they are supposed to or so we think. In the U.S. each BBB is independently owned and there really isn't all that much monitoring of activities. Just these past year the very large Inland Empire BBB in SoCal had it's charter lifted for selling favorable ratings. Likewise, they were also found to be suppressing negative reports.

The BBB isn't what it used to be.....

Old 10-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #12

Interesting.
I'll have to look that up and then phone in next time the local BBB rep is on the radio
Old 10-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #13

You can look right now. The Inland Empire BBB no longer exists, the area was incorporated into the Greater Los Angeles BBB.

That said, BBB regulations may be different in BC

Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #14

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Interesting. Despite all the posts here, there are no complaints against ParkLiner on the BBB site. No rating. See below.

ParkLiner, Inc Business Review in Gibsonville, NC - Central North Carolina BBB
I filed a complaint with BBB of Greensboro, NC (the nearest, geographically to Gibsonville) a few weeks ago. My understanding was that they had through October 4 to respond. Perhaps something will show up on the BBB site soon.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #15

Name: Tony
Trailer: currently shopping
Arizona
Ready to give up

I ordered a new Parkliner about 6 month's ago. I have been trying to get a hold of someone there at Parkliner (phone, emails, Facebook, etc) for over a month trying to find out when I'll get my Parkliner - but to no avail. If this is the kind of service we get now before the sale, I dred to think what service is going to be like after. Has anybody else been experencing this frustrating non- response. And also, has anyone out there had to cancel their order and had their deposit refunded without a lot of hassle? Please help!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #16

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
I think the excuse that this company is "just not good" at communicating is no longer valid. This kind of customer treatment is unacceptable!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #17

Wyoming
Wow, way to go forum. We got words from Chandler at Parkliner!! Now we shall see if we can get answers the questions we have been sending him over the last several months. Stay tuned on Monday.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #18

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah its a pretty sad story for someone starting a business. I'm happy with mine don't have the same axle so not having the tire rub problem and Chandler said they changed to different door hinges which might be why they now have problems with them closing properly.

I love the layout and spaciousness but their customer service is unacceptable... I honestly don't feel I could recommend them to anyone without telling them to read the posts here ....if your local and can just stop by its great but if your a distance away forget it. They aren't even returning calls for sales much less questions.

I guess they are gonna bellyflop from this.. its a shame...so much potential

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #19

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
posted here http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post422815

I have received email replies from Cameron this week. On the tire rubbing, he said they are changing the mold to make room. I didn't think to ask if they were staying with the 13" tire or going back to the 14".

I wonder why he answers some emails and not others.....my camper is suppose to be ready in December.

Jane
Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #20

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
ParkLiner

The October issue of Business North Carolina arrived today. It includes a beautiful 6 page article ( mostly pictures ) about ParkLiner. In the article, Chandler states that certain aspects of running this business are challenging for him. I am pulling for him! Customers deserve quicker answers, but I am in hopes of a reasonable explanation. Even though we ended up buying a Snoozy (too long a story to go into here), I have loved the PL since the day I first saw it. Go Parkliner!!!

Tags
parkliner