Istalling my FW tank - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #1

Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Istalling my FW tank

I am leaving Monday for my trip to Harrisburg from Pittsburgh to camp at Cowan's Gap SP and I want my 16 gal FW tank installed to use. I got the fittings and will be using a sprayer for the sink. No faucets as I will have no hot water (except the 40 cup coffee tank) if that is possible. Hey it puts out water anyway. Have it almost all hooked up Tomorrow will finish it. I was going crazy trying to get fittings for the pump until I realized it had threads for inside the pump male ends. Have to run wiring for the battery to the front and return to the pump. Will put a switch for the pump at the sink like a garbage disposal off/on switch which I will turn on B4 I turn the water on.

Have to still cut a hole in the side of the trailer for fresh water inlet. Will get it working by Saturday. Going to run empty and fill up at the camp sites.
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #2

Pennsylvania
Installed FW Tank

Well I got it done but this shot shows it prepped but not fully installed. Have 7 gallons of water but will hold 18. While on the trip it caused no problems. Installed the inlet and it works great.
Attached Thumbnails
FWtank.jpg  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I do not think Cowans has water at the campsite but located throughout the cg, you may need to have a long hose to fill your tank.
It is about 2.5 hours from me, a nice cg.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Yep I was up there and had the faucet right at my site. site 161. Good spot. Free and am going for another freebee in August. Gave a talk on my hobby last Saturday. I thought it was not as good so plan on another one that is much better.

Also I recall that the faucets are not the threaded kind but smooth kitchen sink kind. Have to do bottle fill style. I think the host has full hook up to water.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Russell,
Here is what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell A View Post
Yep I was up there and had the faucet right at my site. site 161. Good spot. Free and am going for another freebee in August. Gave a talk on my hobby last Saturday. I thought it was not as good so plan on another one that is much better.

Also I recall that the faucets are not the threaded kind but smooth kitchen sink kind. Have to do bottle fill style. I think the host has full hook up to water.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Russell,
Here is what you need.

Yep! Plan on getting one. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #7

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell A View Post
I am leaving Monday for my trip to Harrisburg from Pittsburgh to camp at Cowan's Gap SP and I want my 16 gal FW tank installed to use. I got the fittings and will be using a sprayer for the sink. No faucets as I will have no hot water (except the 40 cup coffee tank) if that is possible. Hey it puts out water anyway. Have it almost all hooked up Tomorrow will finish it. I was going crazy trying to get fittings for the pump until I realized it had threads for inside the pump male ends. Have to run wiring for the battery to the front and return to the pump. Will put a switch for the pump at the sink like a garbage disposal off/on switch which I will turn on B4 I turn the water on.

Have to still cut a hole in the side of the trailer for fresh water inlet. Will get it working by Saturday. Going to run empty and fill up at the camp sites.
Hi, Russell

Well- sounds like you've got a water tank, but...your avatar says you haven't got a trailer to put it in yet!
Seriously- what kind of rig are you towing? It kind of helps us to visualize what you're doing if we know...

Thanks!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote