Italian FG caravan - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #61

Trailer: Lander (401)
Registry
Sorry, I have a question: is possible in USA to practise free caravanning (I say without enter in a campsite)? Because in Italy is forbidden...
robirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #62

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Sorry, I have a question: is possible in USA to practise free caravanning (I say without enter in a campsite)? Because in Italy is forbidden...
Yes, we can camp in many places outside of a RV camp. Off the top of my head here are some options:
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #63

Quote:
Hi Mike,
Have you also pictures of the interior of the caravan?
(Hai qualche immagine dell'interno della caravan?)ciao Mike
Roberto
Roberto,

I have totally changed much of the inside of my Casita. It is no longer typical.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Casita_interior_1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	5811

Looking from the back towards the front.
This is a view of the street side where the kitchen is.

Name:	Casita_Interior_2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	5812

This is a view from the kitchen area toward the rear curb side.
We have modified our Casita to Twin beds.
The cushions expand toward the center to make up as beds.
We can seat 6 adults easily for dinner.
(8 adults is doable but crowded.)

Warm Regards, Mike
Old 12-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #64

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Susy, the windows are one feature which has changed over time, and also is different between typical North American trailers and current European caravans.

Most of the windows in my Boler are like those used for many years here. They have aluminum frames with rounded corners, and two panes of glass: one fixed, and one sliding to open. All of the flat windows in Bolers are normally made of glass; only the curved windows on the front and back of the smaller Bolers are made of plastic.

Early North American fiberglass trailers often have a style of windows called a "jalousie": there are two or more panes of glass, each hinged at the top and connected to a crank so they open outwards. My Boler has just one of these; it is behind the door. They were a feature of some brands, especially the Trillium, but are probably not made any more. The one in 17-foot Boler like mine is unusual, because it has two hinged panes plus two fixed panes (one on each side), so that it fits a rounded opening like the others.

To us, the current European windows like yours, which are made of plastic and hinged as one piece at the top, are unusual. We see them on very few trailers or motorhomes which are made here.

If this is difficult for anyone to read, I will try to make it clearer.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:16 PM   #65

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi Rob & Suzy!

If you'd like to see a few more trailer photos in detail, you can look at my Yahoo! pictures site. They are all trailers I've had over the past few years.

Roger

Roger's trailer photos
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #66

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Sorry, I have a question: is possible in USA to practise free caravanning (I say without enter in a campsite)? [b]Because in Italy is forbidden...
Quote:
Yes, we can camp in many places outside of a RV camp. Off the top of my head here are some options:
  • [b]Some major store parking lots for an over nighter.
The most famous example is WalMart.
Read about it in This Link.

However, it is not considered polite to camp in a parking lot for more than a short time.

I can also understand why the practice is forbidden in Italy. Cities in the Southwest, that are warm in the winter, have problems where some persons live in their Motorhomes (motorized caravans) parked at the curb on public streets. Usually there are laws here against it, but some still try it anyway, mostly because they are poor and have few options.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #67

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Each US forest has what are called "Yellow Post" sites, or "Dispersed" sites. They are cleared areas off logging or forest service roads, with no ammenities. Some have a fire ring, or even a picnic table, but there are no sources for water or electricity. Bare bones.

I enjoy these sites very much. Not because they are free, but because they are in quiet, out of the way locations, usually with nice views.

Also, you are allowed to camp ANYWHERE within the national forests as long as a few rules are observed. You must not camp within 25 feet of a stream or waterway, and you must be off the road. Fire regulations also apply.

This is great for back packers and tenters.

We have a saying or two here, which MOST people observe (Yet there are still bad people that don't)

1. Pack it in, pack it out.
2. Leave nothing in the forest but footprints.

In some highly used national forests, you must purchase an "adventure" pass, a card that allows you to park within the forest. The fee varies, but is usually around $30 a year. This fee is controversial, but I have no problem paying it, I use the forest more than the average American and don't mind helping to pay for it's upkeep.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #68

Trailer: Lander (401S)
Quote:
Susy, the windows are one feature which has changed over time, and also is different between typical North American trailers and current European caravans.

Most of the windows in my Boler are like those used for many years here. They have aluminum frames with rounded corners, and two panes of glass: one fixed, and one [b]sliding to open. All of the flat windows in Bolers are normally made of glass; only the curved windows on the front and back of the smaller Bolers are made of plastic.

Early North American fiberglass trailers often have a style of windows called a "[b]jalousie": there are two or more panes of glass, each hinged at the top and connected to a crank so they open outwards. My Boler has just one of these; it is behind the door. They were a feature of some brands, especially the Trillium, but are probably not made any more. The one in 17-foot Boler like mine is unusual, because it has two hinged panes plus two fixed panes (one on each side), so that it fits a rounded opening like the others.

To us, the current European windows like yours, which are made of plastic and hinged as one piece at the top, are unusual. We see them on very few trailers or motorhomes which are made here.

If this is difficult for anyone to read, I will try to make it clearer.
It's very interesting to see that there are so many kind of trailer's windows... it's more difficult to understand why...

Quote:
Hi Rob & Suzy!

If you'd like to see a few more trailer photos in detail, you can look at my Yahoo! pictures site. They are all trailers I've had over the past few years.

Roger

Roger's trailer photos
thank'you very much roger!

Quote:
Each US forest has what are called "Yellow Post" sites, or "Disperesed" sites. They are cleared areas off logging or forest service roads, with no ammenities. Some have a fire ring, or even a picnic table, but there are no sources for water or electricity. Bare bones.

I enjoy these sites very much. Not because they are free, but because they are in quiet out of the way locations, usually with nice views.

Also, you are allowed to camp ANYWHERE within the national forests as long as a few rules are observed. You must not camp within 25 feet of a stream or waterway, and you must be off the road. Fire regulations also apply.

This is great for back packers and tenters.

We have a saying or two here, which MOST people observe (Yet there are still bad people that don't)

1. Pack it in, pack it out.
2. Leave nothing in the forest but footprints.

In some highly used national forests, you must purchase an "adventure" pass, a card that allows you to park within the forest. The fee varies, but is usually around $30 a year. This fee is controversial, but I have no problem paying it, I use the forest more than the average American and don't mind helping to pay for it's upkeep.
Thank you Gina of your explanations! I think that you are fortunate to being able to practise caravanning in the forests... here in Italy this would be unthinkable, perhaps because the inhabited density is higher and the forests would suffer by the impact of a too much intensive tourisme...
miss susy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #69

Registry
Hi dear friends
This is some pictures of the new years's day meeting!

the my caravan

Name:	post_2302269_1167662882.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	5871

I and Susy

Name:	post_2302269_1167666260.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	5872

I and the bottle of wine

Name:	post_2302269_1167670522.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	5873

in this link there are many other pictures...
http://epocaravan.forumfree.net/?t=12407790&st=120
Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #70

Registry
Quote:
Hi Rob & Suzy!

Roger

Roger's trailer photos

Thanks roger for the link... this caravans are very beautiful...
Sorry... but are all this caravans yours???
Old 01-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #71

Registry
Quote:
Roberto,

I have totally changed much of the inside of my Casita. It is no longer typical.

Attachment 5811

Looking from the back towards the front.
This is a view of the street side where the kitchen is.

Attachment 5812

This is a view from the kitchen area toward the rear curb side.
We have modified our Casita to Twin beds.
The cushions expand toward the center to make up as beds.
We can seat 6 adults easily for dinner.
(8 adults is doable but crowded.)

Warm Regards, Mike
Mike, the your customization is very good...
Is the your cooker in fiberglass steel? is very shines!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #72

Quote:
Mike, the your customization is very good...
Is the your cooker in fiberglass steel? is very shines!
The kitchen cabinet is made of Fiberglass. We replaced the faucet over the sink with a tall one so that we could place larger pans under it.

There is a 2 burner stove top on the far end.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #73

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Thank you for sharing the link to the pictures of your big campout, Roberto!

One question...

are you the prince of the Vino?

Almost every pic of you has a bottle..

I am coming to YOUR rallys!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #74

Trailer: Boler 1984
Should some of Roger H's trailer photos be put into the albums section?Some great shots there.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #75

Quote:
Hi dear friends
This is some pictures of the new years's day meeting!

the my caravan

Attachment 5871

I and Susy

Attachment 5872

I and the bottle of wine

Attachment 5873

in this link there are many other pictures...
http://epocaravan.forumfree.net/?t=12407790&st=120
Check the [b]HOME PAGE
Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #76

Trailer: Casita 17 ft and Casita 13 ft
Woo-Hoo, Rob! You made the home page!

Patty C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #77

Quote:
Thanks roger for the link... this caravans are very beautiful...
Sorry... but are all this caravans yours???
Rob, Yes, they have all been mine at one time or another over the past few years. It's a long story... Now I just have the 2004 17' Bigfoot and the 2006 25' Bigfoot trailers.

Roger
Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #78

Quote:
Should some of Roger H's trailer photos be put into the albums section?Some great shots there.
James, some of them are; particularly the Burro photos. I'm the "Albums" guy now, and I've been remiss in my duties to get them organized. It's one of my new years' resolutions...

Roger
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #79

Trailer: Lander (401S)
What's big surprise!!!
Me and my husband in homepage!!! Wonderfull!!!
Thanks a lot to the administrator of the forum

Quote:
Thank you for sharing the link to the pictures of your big campout, Roberto!
One question...
are you the prince of the Vino?
Almost every pic of you has a bottle..
I am coming to YOUR rallys!
Yes Gina! Rob is very fascinated by the wine... before we're leaving he was very interesting to buy a lot of bottle of wine... because in this season it's cold, he said
and to drink to the new year, and in order to offer some drinks to our friends, and so on... bla bla bla
But generally in our rallys there are two principle occupation: drink and eat a lot! and talking about our trailers
miss susy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #80

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Susy and Rob:

I just wanted to say that I have so enjoyed your postings and enjoyed visiting your site. Wish that I retained some of the 3 weeks of Italian that I took many years ago. I only remember a phrase that the professor taught us that was frequently used by Italian cab drivers. I won't post it here.

Anyway, here's our Burro trailer on its first trip out west. The one in front of the lake was at Yellowstone park. The other is in front of Crazy Horse, a huge carving being built in the likeness of a famous native American.

And our Burro is fully equipped to enjoy wine also.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
11_24_06.jpg   Burro_by_Lake.jpg