It's a Girl, thing! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #81

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Whitney I really think taking the fuzzy Rat Fur off the walls is bad idea and you will be very sorry that you did. There is a reason its there. I believe a lot of folks gave you some input on that topic on another thread did they not? or wasn't that you?

Once you put in a new floor and fabric etc you can hang things like pictures and key hooks etc from the rat fur using the pins that are used for pleating drapes.... they work well and you will not even notice the rat fur after a short time.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #82

Name: Whitney
Trailer: 1995 Scamp!
California
You're right...I know I'd regret it. It's just so....fuzzy!!!! Ha!! I'm just trying to get several opinions on it and so far all match yours. I did have a guy email me and said removing from the door and refinishing that helped in get over the rat fur everywhere. I may try that. I need to get the poor little egg home an start on it all and I think you're right....it will eventually just be part I her charm. Thanks for the feedback.
AbitWhitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #83

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Ok, I admit it....there is a little bit of gypsy in me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	251820_10150983567059004_549162516_n[1].jpg
Views:	65
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	48385
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #84

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbitWhitty View Post
Thank you for this thread!!! I have such girly grandiose ideas for my 95' 13 Scamp!

Your so very welcome! Please post pic's of your grandiose flip!

I pick her up on Saturday and already all flooring, knobs, fabric picked! All my boyfriend wanted was a camper! Haha! I call it camper flipping!

Congrat's! Again, Pic's... We even like pic's of any type of decor. Though I do have a soft spot for glamping decor!

I really want to remove my fuzzy rat fur walls but think it may be more daunting than its worth. Thoughts?

I know everyone is so cautious of removing rat fur, carpet (casitas), etc. But I say, if that's what you want and are will to take on the project to it's completion then go for it! But as Carol stated, the rat fur is there for a reason. So it would have to be replaced with something. Or if it's in decent shape, clean it and cover it with something that you do like.

I think the first pic I posted of the pink interior is an air stream. So if an airstream can have a unusual wall covering then why not a Scamp?
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #85

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
Attachment 48385
But but but you promised you wouldnt do that!!! Dang I am going to have to stop letting the guys at the meets give you these ideas!!! We are going to end up spending hours waiting on you to pack the darn trailer up in order to move on.......
Old 06-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #86

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
I think the first pic I posted of the pink interior is an air stream. So if an airstream can have a unusual wall covering then why not a Scamp?
LOL oh it can!!! But the problem is the rat fur has to be replaced with something of equal properties and in order to do it everything in the trailer has to taken out - ie gut the trailer completely.... no cabinets or wiring etc..... sounds like a lot of work!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #87

California
Thank you Robin! As soon as I get her home the pics will soon follow! I have a Pinterst board with the first 14 pins of fabric, knobs and flooring I am considering. Scamp Dream

I just wan to it to be cozy...nothing too over the top. Original plan was to more or less gut it and completely start from scratch, but then I lose out on Scamping time. I also want to keep some of the Scamp integrity. If removing the rat fur becomes more of a project than it's worth I will still paint all the cabinets and outside. This has become somewhat of an addiction! My boyfriend had shoulder surgery on Monday so I am home this week taking care of him/obsessing about the Scamp! Can't wait to start!! these forums have been so helpful!!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #88

California
So right Carol!! I'm going to take a really good look into options once I have the Scamp home. I don't think I would want to cover the rat fur...seems like I would just be bulking the little trailer up. Too much work to remove cabinets...
Old 06-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #89

Registry
This is for the guys!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
But but but you promised you wouldnt do that!!! Dang I am going to have to stop letting the guys at the meets give you these ideas!!! We are going to end up spending hours waiting on you to pack the darn trailer up in order to move on.......
It won't take that long Carol...I will just have to get up earlier than the rest of you, that's all.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #91
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Wally Byam would roll over in his grave if he saw that pink interior.

I believe Pam Anderson had an Airstream with a similar design/color
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #92

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Attachment 48385
Marina, I like the Gypsy concept but this one's too feminine for me (the purpose of this thread, I know). Can't say I want to go for the redneck house boat though. Have you seen this one on "I own a Boler" fb page. Flip through the reno. Gypsy with a masculine side. Especially like the leather button seats and his awning.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #93

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Scamp v. Airstream
Maybe it's becasue early airstreams were all metal inside and spray painted at the factory with stuff called "Zolatone" which looked horrid. We did the center bedroom of our airstream in diamond tufted leatherette with red curtains, made a much more comfortable bedroom.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Scamp v. Airstream
Maybe it's becasue early airstreams were all metal inside and spray painted at the factory with stuff called "Zolatone" which looked horrid. We did the center bedroom of our airstream in diamond tufted leatherette with red curtains, made a much more comfortable bedroom.
Pictures?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #95

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Pictures? Of the Zolatone or the bedroom after it was redecorated???
That 25' Airstream Globetrotter was bought for our 1 year retirement/vacation back in 1978, when I was but 35 and Anne was all of 26. I still have some outside pics, but I don't think that any of the inside survived. Anne is gone, the Airstream is gone, $.50 a gallon gas is gone, but the memories will be here forever.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #96

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Guy thing

Quote:
This is for the guys!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
This is so funny! Ya think we need a guy thing forum? HA..
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Pictures? - the bedroom after it was redecorated???
=
Yup, but understand the pic's are gone. Glad you have great memories still........

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
This is so funny! Ya think we need a guy thing forum? HA..
There is one! If I remember correctly it's called, A guy thing........
Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #98

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
Marina, I like the Gypsy concept but this one's too feminine for me (the purpose of this thread, I know). Can't say I want to go for the redneck house boat though. Have you seen this one on "I own a Boler" fb page. Flip through the reno. Gypsy with a masculine side. Especially like the leather button seats and his awning.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Mark, It's too much for me as well...BUT... some of it is interesting. I especially love the awning on that boler and the tin look for the back splash.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #99

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
OK girls, ya gotta check this out. Someone help me out here. There must be a way to transfer this over but I just do not have a clue about this stuff.

I found this, because as I posted, I am looking to find a 23 ft. Award travel trailer to add to my stable.

Am I ever inspired!!

This is on Google, type in Award travel trailer for sale and go to page 4. About half way down is Shabby Chic Award travel trailer. If ya love pink and Shabby Chic this will do it for you. What a talent this gal had. Maybe someone has the ability to add this to this thread. Just not me!
Betty L.
Betty L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #100

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty L. View Post
This is on Google, type in Award travel trailer for sale and go to page 4. About half way down is Shabby Chic Award travel trailer. If ya love pink and Shabby Chic this will do it for you. What a talent this gal had. Maybe someone has the ability to add this to this thread. Just not me!
Betty L.
Here is the link to the Shabby Chic Award travel trailer