It's here, it's here, it's here!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
It's here, it's here, it's here!!!

My T@B is here!!!!!! And even cuter in person!!!! Hubby had to take my daughter to her braces appnt 15 mins after Ed arrived but he came back after dropping her off. It's just the neatest little thing! 2 people have already asked to see inside and one person wanted to buy it as we were doing the paperwork with Ed!

We just picked up my daughter from her appnt and her bottom braces cant be put on till her bite is corrected with a bite plate otherwise her upper teeth will just scrape the bottom brackets off. They said to go ahead and go on our trip and they'll get the bite plate made while we're gone so we're free to go as soon as the trailer is cleaned, the A/C mod is complete and we get it all registered! So exciting!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Don't forget pictures!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
After your decision to forgo a newly built trailer for a 'new to you' trailer, it's great to hear your excitement. Family first.
Enjoy!
Barrie
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #4

Pix!

Oh, I guess I kindof need to get my hitch installed (at least it's here in the garage) and my van wired up b/4 I can go too, LOL.

My oldest was at her dental appnt so we'll have to photoshop her in as Ed said, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF2032.jpg  
Old 06-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Very cute trailer - I love the handles for moving it around.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Congratulations!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Those really are cute! Did you tell us which inside configuration it is? I was looking on line and I think I saw where there were 4 interior layouts.
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #8

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne H
Very cute trailer - I love the handles for moving it around.
Whoa! She said your trailer has love handles! How rude!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
woohoop!! Congratulations on your new addition! 'orange' you glad you bought it?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #10

Trailer: Aliner
Congratulations, Melissa. It looks like pure fun!!!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #11

LOL, that was funny Pam and Jesse! Ya'll are on fire! lol.

Well, the inside is finally spotless. Ed hadnt had a chance to use it so I know all the dirt and gunk wasnt Ed's but the previous owners but it's all gone now along with the very used porta potti (didnt open it to see if it was blue water or yellow sloshing around). We even disassembled the power roof vent since it looked like a soda had sprayed up there. A bunch of dead bugs fell out on my daughter and me when I took off the cover, lol. After looking up the DOT codes for the tires they turned out to be the orginal ones from Oct 2003. The PO told Ed he had replaced them but with up close inspection you can see where they had sat all those years and cracked some in that spot so baby is getting a new pair of shoes before we head out. Already have a shiny new Thetford potti ready for her and a BAL Level. My UPS/FEDEX man is gonna think I'm Christmas shopping but this is more fun cuz for once it's for me, LOL! We're charging the battery now. It too is orginal and last check it was reading 13.16 volts. So does that sound healthy? The Fridge is cooling on AC power and we'll check propane systems once we fill the tank. This little gem is perfectly sized for me b/c I can actually stand up in it all the way to the back!! It's the "U Dinette Floorplan" in which the entire seating area turns into a bed 76X80. And there is room in the aisle in front of the kitchen for my oldest to sleep when we're all 4 traveling and overnighting. Bed is plenty big enough for me, Hubby and my little one or me and both girls. Those pop out windows are the bomb! They open fully so the air blows through really well esp when you crank on the roof fan. The cushion covers are pretty dirty so glad we're recovering them when we get back.
Tomorrow we wash the outside, see about getting my van wired up and put Hubby to work on the A/C Mod as well as finding tires.

I cant believe after waiting 6 months for a trailer I finally have my very own!! Keep having to look out the window b/c I cant believe it's really here and all mine!

We cant thank Ed enough for selling it to us and bringing it all the way down too. We wanted to buy him lunch but he had to get going on to West Palm Beach which was his final destination. Maybe he can come back through this way on his return trip but if not hopefully at Scamp Camp or a Rally or something we can buy him dinner.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #12

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
We're charging the battery now. It too is orginal and last check it was reading 13.16 volts. So does that sound healthy?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #13

Thanks! It is a nice Deep Cycle Battery but I dont know if the PO kept it plugged in so the converter kept it charged or what. It's still 7 yrs old so after this trip it may need repacing so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #14

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
We're charging the battery now. It too is orginal and last check it was reading 13.16 volts. So does that sound healthy?
Melissa,
I don't think you can say it's healthy without further testing. A reading of 13.6 implies it's either still on the charger or just removed. You have to disconnect the charger, put a moderate load on the battery for a couple minutes, then let it sit for a couple more, then test it. Or take it somewhere to be tested. Interstate Battery dealers, Autozone and Sam's Club all test batteries for free; others probably do also.

Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #15

Maryland
Check the water level in the battery, too.

Your T@B looks beautiful. I'm jealous. I've wanted one since I first heard about them. Is yours a clamshell? That's the model I've always dreamed of.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #16

Thanks, Jesse! No, it's not the clamshell model. It's the U-dinette which makes into a King size bed and has the inside kitchen. So why did you choose the Scamp over the T@B if it was your first choice?

Ya Marv, you're right, the T@B is still plugged in so I'll do a proper check once the battery has settled or take it in someplace to be tested.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #17

Name: Darren
Trailer: 1980 13' Boler
New Brunswick
Congrats Melissab!!

We too ended up getting a 2009 T@B clamshell two weeks ago as an in between from our boler to a new scamp. It was just too good a deal to pass up so we jumped on it and will surely enjoy it for a few years till we are ready to order our scamp.

All my research had been on fiberglass rv's, so i'm trying to get up to speed on t@bs now. What is the A/C mod you speak of? The plexiglass cover over the outside vent?

So far we've recycled/reused/modified an old awning we had from a previous Overcamp to slide in the awning track of the t@b that is working wonderfully. We've also installed the AL-KO shocks to further smooth out the ride, all though I must say in the 150 miles i've pulled it so far, it has a much better ride than the old boler. The bigger tires make a big big difference.

I've yet to do the A/C vent cover mod, but have all the measurements and a parts list, just need to source the material and install it..

We're taking her out for her first shakedown run this weekend in a local provincal park...

Happy t@bing!
darwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #18

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab
Thanks, Jesse! No, it's not the clamshell model. It's the U-dinette which makes into a King size bed and has the inside kitchen. So why did you choose the Scamp over the T@B if it was your first choice?
I think a T@B would be a little heavy for my subcompact car. Also, there don't seem to be as many used ones around, and new ones are a little out of my price range right now.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #19

Yes, I've found out used ones are few and far between. My Gross Vehicle rating for my T@B is 1946 lbs and from what most owners say, loaded ready to camp they come in around 1600-1700 lbs so probably nearly the same as the 13 ft Eggs. The hitch weighs 110 lbs with battery/propane.

Dutchmen stopped building them last year but now Little Guy is going to be building them now so I dont know what the new pricing will be from Little Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
I think a T@B would be a little heavy for my subcompact car. Also, there don't seem to be as many used ones around, and new ones are a little out of my price range right now.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #20

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
For tropical decorating items, Melissa, don't forget the Dollar Store and party stores. I saw plastic tiki head glasses at the Dollar Store yesterday. Party stores have entire sections. I also have used Michael's for a tiki scenario I made last year for a contest.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote