It's over - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
It's over

Funeral services for my wife were held yesterday. Thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers, and encouragement. In about two weeks I'm going traveling alone for the first time. Going to Colorado. Hope to meet some of you there. Won't be as much fun without my wife but..........
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Bob, its a tough road to go down but I am glad to hear you are going to get out and continue your travels... I am sure she will be riding with you.
Hugs to you.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #3

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Bob, so very sorry for your loss. Be comforted in the memories of your time together. May God Bless you during this difficult time.

"Footprints In The Sand"
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you." Author: Mary Stevenson (Zangare)
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Bob, In this day of disposable everything, including relationships, you and Grace are an inspiration. You have formed a lasting relationship that transcends time. I can only hope to follow your example.
I have never met you, but I feel inspired by you. I am typically pretty blasè about things, but your recent posts have moved me. Please don't take this the wrong way, but thank you for the tears.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #5

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
Bob, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Speaking from experience, you will have a lot of "firsts" now. First time alone traveling, first time alone at places you've been together before, first time in restaurants alone, etc. Just get through them one moment at a time. It will be hard but you can do it...take a deep breath (or more than one if you need to) and get it done. The smallest things will be difficult, but when you get through them, give yourself a moment to appreciate your strength and then get on to the next thing. Perhaps one of the hardest things--learn to ask for help from your friends. They want to help and are very glad when you let them know what you need.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #6

Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
Missouri
Bob, I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, or your wife, but indeed, my heart goes out to you. I have been in your shoes. It's not always easy, but you will, in time, come to accept that your loving wife is still riding along with you, if only in your heart and memories.
Best to you, and godspeed your dear wife.

george
gmw photos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #7

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
So sorry for your loss. Do reach out to family and friends, sometimes it is hard to do that, and hard for the people that care about you to know how to help. I know the only thing that got me through the loss of family members was the support of those who cared.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
When my wife had her big operation ('06 or '07, I forget) and had part of her colon removed, it changed everything. She no longer wanted to go traveling with me. So she told me to go ahead and camp by myself. Well, it felt really WRONG at first. We always had camped together, and I always envisioned us doing the camping and traveling together whenever there was camping to be done. I felt so out of place, unnatural, and even guilty when I went on that first trip by myself.

But by the end of that trip I realized that I had nothing to feel guilty about, and also it was kind of liberating to not have to make compromises about where to head next, how far to go, how long to stay, what to fix for dinner, etc. By the next summer when it came time to head out again, I was feeling pretty good about it... just a little tiny bit guilty and out of sorts. By the third trip everything was fine and I was good to go, no qualms.

May your adjustment be rapid and gentle, so you can truly relish the trip.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #9

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
I lost my wife 7 years ago. It does change everything. But I am still learning to travel alone. I think I am enjoying things for her. Best wishes.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #10

Name: john
Trailer: 2007 13ft scamp
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Bob, In this day of disposable everything, including relationships, you and Grace are an inspiration. You have formed a lasting relationship that transcends time. I can only hope to follow your example.
I have never met you, but I feel inspired by you. I am typically pretty blasè about things, but your recent posts have moved me. Please don't take this the wrong way, but thank you for the tears.
Ditto, So sorry for your loss.
scamprookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #11

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Bob,
I know there is nothing I can say that will ease your pain, just know that we are all thinking of you!
Jason
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #12

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkman View Post
Bob,
I know there is nothing I can say that will ease your pain, just know that we are all thinking of you!
Jason
Bob...just to say I feel the same as Jason.....my Prayers are with as you start this new part of your life. My all the best of things come your way and may you ride in Grace all your days.

Happy Camping ...Lynn
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote