I've decided to.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I've decided to....

I have decided to pursue my dream and purchase a Shelby AC car. Something I have wanted since I was 18 years old and now that I can afford one,I have decided to get one. Now the decision is whether I should sell my new Escape 19' since I doubt I'll be using it as much as I like. Anybody else have competing interests like camping and boating or some other activity that competes with one another?
Attached Images

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Well, I know it is hard to have a trailer/RV and see it sitting and not be using it. Neat car and wonderful that you are in a position to fulfill such a dream. I am curious as to why the car would take up a lot of time. Does that mean you'll be doing things like taking it to shows? We have a neighbor with a corvette that he did that with and he enjoyed doing it. I know absolutely nothing about this type of car. Now, if I were to get a car it would be something from the 40's and I would be towing a teardrop!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #3

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I see a fine tow vehicle there - why not combine interests!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Well congrat's on deciding to add a lil fun into your life with fufilling a long time dream!

As far as different interest competing with eachother, only time will tell. I suggest holding on to your Escape for this season and see what happens. I know when Rod and I sold our 35ft Class A (because of his health issues), the first nice weekend after we sold it we were both regretting it! Camped once that season in the back of my truck (family campout) and were miserable! Started looking for a smaller solution, ran across FiberglassRv.com and solution solved!

And now the Casita hasn't gotten used much the last few years due to his health issues worsening but that is exactly why I bought a molded fiberglass travel trailer. It can sit for long periods and not be effected! It's waiting for me to begin new adventures................. It's not that I haven't thought about downsizing from the Casita (actually the last few weeks) but know the Casita is still the perfect solution for me at this time. Give yourself some time to decide!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #5

April Fools
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #6

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I guess that means that your plans to buy Travolta's 747 have fallen thru?

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #7

But it is nice to see a thread where if someone wanted to do something, a total turn in another direction, they would get support in doing that. Gosh, in one or two of the forums I go to, it would not go down like that. Now, if it is a joke, maybe the OP will get some good ideas to ponder.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
April Fools
Aw shucks, every time Jim buys something new, the Dow goes up.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #9

Delaware
Up down staying the same, Jim's always buying something new.

jack
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #10

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have decided to pursue my dream and purchase a Shelby AC car. Something I have wanted since I was 18 years old and now that I can afford one,I have decided to get one. Now the decision is whether I should sell my new Escape 19' since I doubt I'll be using it as much as I like. Anybody else have competing interests like camping and boating or some other activity that competes with one another?
We just visited the Shelby museum in Las Vegas. It's also where they create the Shelby cars. They no longer build cars but modify pre-titled. Carrol's original cobra is there along with the newest 1000 horsepower Mustang.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/tours.asp
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #11

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Kit car ($$$) or the real thing ($$$$$$)?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #12

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaHarley
Anybody else have competing interests like camping and boating or some other activity that competes with one another?
In my case, sleeping and staying awake.

jack
Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #13

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
My ninety-four year old mother is so happy when she wakes up, she says "I fooled him again"!!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #14

Quote:
My ninety-four year old mother is so happy when she wakes up, she says "I fooled him again"!!!
I had to read it twice but got it!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #15

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
Now, if I were to get a car it would be something from the 40's and I would be towing a teardrop!
40's cars have gotten to be too expensive, so we tow our 1946 teardrop with a '76 pickup. At a show or cruise-in most people are just interested in the teardrop. If I ever get my 69 Bronco or 64 Fairlane done I'll use one of them for a tow vehicle.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #16

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Good for you, Jim. You only live once, and you can't take it with you!

Have a great day!
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #17

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Interests

Quote:
Lots of interests. But several I can do while camping liking playing a Mandolin or bicycling. Also have two sports cars for the street, but unfortunately I can't tow with either. I have a vintage Fiat Abarth that is primarily a track car and it does interfere with camping time. I do prefer camping over racing now that I'm old enough to have discovered fear and know my reflexes are not as they once were. But a very real factor here is that camping is considerably cheaper than racing.
Enjoy that ACE. If you have never had a specialty car you deserve one! No sense in having one if you don't plan on using it for what it was intended. Otherwise save your money and buy a Buick Regal, just don't make it a Sunday driveway beauty. Get out and enter solo races. You won't need a SCCA or VSCCA or any other type of special license. You'll have tons of fun learning how to really drive it (and learning how to fix the things you break if you don't already have those skills)
Wishing you many adrenalin rushes!
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #18

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
April Fools
Think ol' Jim is havin' us on, Ken?

Could be....but then it also could just be that he hasn't bought a new vehicle in oh-so-many-days and has run out of likely trailer choices!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #19

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Isn't there a 19' Escape coming up? I'd go for that instead of the car. Probably less expensive as well. Happy April 1st.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
I see a fine tow vehicle there - why not combine interests!
Yup, my thoughts as well. Hook up the Cobra to the 19' and head out for an adventure.

PS.... back in the 70's around here there was a Hemi Cuda towing a good size Airstream around. Lots of power and fun for sure.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote