I've made up my mind - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #1

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
I've made up my mind

Finally after much brain teasing I've come to a decision on my egg. I've definitely decided I want a 5'er and only 2 manuf. to choose from. The Escape is way to pricey so it'll be the Scamp.

Now the next question, is there anyone with a Scamp 19' within a reasonable distance from Pittsburgh, PA that would be willing to let me take a look. I've seen a 16' and am happy but would really like to set my eyes on the 5'er. That will save me a trip to Backus just to look. I'd rather order and get the production going.

Appreciate it.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Finally after much brain teasing I've come to a decision on my egg. I've definitely decided I want a 5'er and only 2 manuf. to choose from. The Escape is way to pricey so it'll be the Scamp.

Now the next question, is there anyone with a Scamp 19' within a reasonable distance from Pittsburgh, PA that would be willing to let me take a look. I've seen a 16' and am happy but would really like to set my eyes on the 5'er. That will save me a trip to Backus just to look. I'd rather order and get the production going.

Appreciate it.
I know of a nice 2007 for sale, if interested contact me direct and I will get you in touch with the owner. Need a truck too?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #3

Texas
I might be interested but if it's the same lady I think the price is to high for me when I can get a new one for about 2.5K more with everything I want. Plus my bank has already approved the loan for purchase through Scamp.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #4

Name: Alex
Trailer: In the market
Hawaii
If you contact Scamp they can probably get you together with one of their customers near you that has a 19' Scamp.
ialex2005i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #5

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialex2005i View Post
If you contact Scamp they can probably get you together with one of their customers near you that has a 19' Scamp.
Thank you. Got them on the call list for tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Nick, I don't know what the new ones run but I would definitely be keeping my eyes open for a used one if a 5th is what I was after. They seem to come up regularly at decent prices and most look to be in good shape.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Here's an '03 on Craigslist for $11,500, located in South Carolina.
2003 Deluxe Scamp 5th Wheel 19

A '95 in Florida:
95 Scamp 5th wheel

And others... if you search here:
RV Site Mash of Craigslist, eBay & More
you'll find one listed in Texas, one in New Jersey. Happy shopping.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #8

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Here's an '03 on Craigslist for $11,500, located in South Carolina.
2003 Deluxe Scamp 5th Wheel 19

A '95 in Florida:
95 Scamp 5th wheel

And others... if you search here:
RV Site Mash of Craigslist, eBay & More
you'll find one listed in Texas, one in New Jersey. Happy shopping.
Thank you Mike. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a new Scamp. I'm off tomorrow to take a look at a 5'er about an hour away. Then I will make the final decision.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Super glad you found one so close by. Can't blame you at all for wanting new... I tend to be that way myself.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Just remember, there's a huge difference between a side-bath and front bath 5th wheel (IMHO). Although the side-bath is tiny, it sure opens up the perceived space in a 5th wheel. Be sure to lay on the bed!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #11

Texas
Took a look at the 5th wheel Scamp today. Much to like. It was a deluxe and looked very nice. The couple had the birch wood so it was very light and bright. I liked the 6cuft refer but if I were to go with a std model that wouldn't be available. The wet bath in the front really closes in the sleeping area and while Donna was right, the bath is bigger, I think I'd rather have the side bath and have a more open sleeping area. I did encourage the couple to join here. Hopefully they will. Very nice and they're hoping to get out on the road with it this fall.

However after looking at this unit I thought back to the 16' side dinette and thinking I might like it better. Doesn't really matter at this point as a major change has just occurred in my life which will postpone a purchase until later this year or probably next.

I've been praying about a mission trip to the Philippines and today the events needed to make that happen fell into place so I will be off to the Philippines in September for an undetermined amount of time. Once I return I will check in here again and get that Scamp ordered. Who knows what new eggs will be available by then.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Nick
Old 08-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Congratulations Nick. All the best on your mission and we'll still be here when you get back... hopefully. Smile.
Barrie
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Best of luck on your future endeavor. We'll leave the light on for you!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote