Jasper Alberta Canada - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2016, 07:49 AM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Jasper Alberta Canada

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to camp in the Jasper area ?. I have looked at the Provincial Parks but there seems to be no sites with electricity available for our time frame. There are plenty of tent sites but 2 in our group are towing 36 ft 5th wheelers.
Any suggestions on public or private campgrounds would be appreciated.

THANKS
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to camp in the Jasper area ?. I have looked at the Provincial Parks but there seems to be no sites with electricity available for our time frame. There are plenty of tent sites but 2 in our group are towing 36 ft 5th wheelers.

THANKS
Steve D
Hi ....if you were considering Whistlers in the NP ...they reserve a certain number of sites for " first come " as we get a large number of European and Asian tourists in rentals that do not have a set schedule ( or a lose schedule adjustable to weather ) . The Parks Canada website usually notes them as " does not meet criteria " most annoying - wish they would just say " first come " ....
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Jasper Alberta Canada

Whistler is a beautiful place to camp. I couldn't get hookups while I was there, but the weather was cool enough that opening the windows and running the 12v fan kept the trailer comfortably cool. I even had to turn the furnace on a couple if mornings because my significant other felt that it was a bit too chilly. I suppose it depends on the length of your stay. If you can get by using propane and 12v appliances/lights for a few days, even the big 5ers should be OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #4

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
I have camped in that area several times with a tent, once with a small trailer. We didn't need electricity. Even now we don't need electricity as we have a solar panel and battery. Propane runs the fridge and furnace if needed. Sorry - that isn't helpful!
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #5

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post

THANKS
Steve D
You can try Wabasso which is not far and is near Athabasca Falls.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote