Just because a Canadian's fake eyebrow fell off last week, we - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #1

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Talking Just because a Canadian's fake eyebrow fell off last week, we

...may find a few more US campsites open this summer and fall!!

https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/canadi...ns-to-america/

Personally, unless there was a uuuge revolution 'up there' I wd not cancel a cam[ping trip TO Canada on the basis of a stupid political spat!! I hear Canada is beautiful in summer(August) and early fall...........
Old 06-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Fred, While I can't claim to speak for all Canadians, we gladly welcome you! Our lower valued dollar will make your American funds go far.

It is a big country though. Where are you planning to go?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We just spent a week fishing in Canada The Canadians we met were friendly polite and welcoming as always. I prefer to visit Canada over many regions in the US for many various reasons and we have already booked dates for next year. Go and enjoy yourself you will not be sorry
Old 06-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #4

Tennessee
Talking Canadian camping

Yup, I'm from a family which was mostly in Northern LP Michigan..Mackinaw/Rogers City are..beautiful up there and the UP too. Even more "north" than alot of Canada. We plan to try to see MI and some of Canada soon....maybe next summer.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I find the more I ignore politicians the better I feel. We are heading to Canada in August, always have been treated very nice by Canadians.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:14 PM   #6

Name: Vivienne
Trailer: Sun Trek 1998 "Wannabe"
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
I find the more I ignore politicians the better I feel. We are heading to Canada in August, always have been treated very nice by Canadians.
Right on! The more we all worldwide ignore politicians the better. Shame on those who make things hard for the little guys.

I live really close to Canada, from all sides of this island. We drive, boat and snowmobile to Canada where we eat some of the BEST Whitefish dinners ever!

not sayin anything about trump..............
Old 06-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #7

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
ALL interpersonal relationships are political... NO exceptions.

So is this a political thread, or are we just going to nibble around the edge with innuendo.

Please let me know when we can dive in to the heart of the matter!!
Old 06-15-2018, 08:11 AM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
No no. No diving. You don't get deleted for nibbling.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #9

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
We have relatives in BC who are visiting (wife born there). When asked what they could bring from Canada, my wife responded, "Does Justin Trudeau have a brother?"
Great folks, the Canadians; we love to visit, and plan to eventually tour the nation (then back across the USA).
Old 06-15-2018, 09:38 AM   #10

Name: MURRAY
Trailer: Ventura
British Columbia (BC)
Thanks Steve
Yes I hope all Canadians are welcoming.
I live in Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island.

Lota of great boondocking and fishing here.
Glad you enjoyed your trip.
Go and Enjoy
Old 06-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #11

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
plus were not going to give into the red heads stupidity.

Yep you should see the Yukon it is even bigger than Saskatchewan. We then fell out of the Yukon and into Alaska, and oh met a lot more nice people there even though they are American. God they were lucky to buy this place for 7 million what a deal. They are still finding gold in all the right places. We learned a lot about Muskox and Reindeer yesterday, doing a dinner cruise on the river tonight in a Paddle Wheeler, found a 3rd battery for the camera, been to the North Pole and Santa's house wow what a place, then we traveled out to see his Reindeer and Dasher has become one of the best Break out Artists around says she loves to travel when the others are not watching.
Sun is out big time today first time for us in a week with real blue skies.
Saturday we take our chances and drive down to Denali so hope the sun is shining still with a big blue sky above it then we carry onto Anchorage, AK. The funny thing with the crazy weather pattern up here everyone loves their jobs and the people they meet, did not find that when I worked for a living.
Stude
Old 06-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #12

NW Wisconsin
We are planning a trip to see the Eastern Provinces of Canada.
There are so many great thing things to see and do that we are not sure if we can fit it all into one trip . We are not fans of hot weather and the climate in Canada is perfect with warm days and cool nights .
IMHO The US could learn a lot from our neighbors to the North . Canada has always treated us as welcome guests where as in parts of the US we felt like we were unwanted intruders .
Old 06-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #13

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Open US campsites? You mean it will be easier to find a campsite in the US (even without reservations) this summer? Three cheers for our northern neighbors!

As for Trudeau, well, he isn't exactly Spock. ,:-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	trudeau.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	120527

Click image for larger version

Name:	spock.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	120528
Old 06-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #14

British Columbia
Mr. Mike Magee, you will notice that most of Canucks are not all that fond of Mr. Trudeau as he ran on his Fathers shirt sleeves and manage to win the Prime Ministers seat, I would rather have Harper back as he did a good job and was not afraid of anyone but I have to give Mr. T. credit as he is doing a good job on this Nafta thing and not giving into that other Idiot though I hear that North Korea is going to referee the fight they might get into soon. Funny part he is the only that thinks they don't have a good deal with it's northern Neighbors all the people who work and have been dealing with Nafta since it was brought in like it the way it is not the way Trump wants it. But you have some pretty nasty Senators that think we give our lumber away for nothing, think again as we do not get the good stuff they are sending the good stuff to you guys or the Japanese?? So they bring in these oversized expenses and who do the lumber companies belong to no one but Americans.
Stude
Old 06-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #15

Tennessee
Talking

[QUOTE=stude;701599]Yep you should see the Yukon it is even bigger than Saskatchewan. We then fell out of the Yukon and into Alaska, and oh met a lot more nice people there even though they are American. God they were lucky to..."

LOL we're looking forward to seeing the Yukon too on the way to Alaska.

The history of the place (AK) is really wierd. It was called "Grant's Folly" for years... referijng to the money President Grant paid to Russia, for "useless"AK.
Now for the "rest of the story".. During the Civil War, Abe Lincoln accepted aid FROM Russia'S CZAR NIKKI Romanoff (I think he was) who heard about the Emancipation Proclamation (probably from his grandmother, Queen Victoria)and sent this[paraphrased] to Lincoln: "We have freed 5 million serfs, you have freed the slaves..WE look up to this and wish to send you aid..what do you need?"
Lincoln replied he wd like to rent 2 FLEETS ONE from the Northern fleet group to help w the blockade of the Confederacy and the Russian Far Eastern Fleet from Vladivostok, to help put down the rebellion [wh was being aided & abetted by London's bankers, out in California territory.
Ole Nikki said sure and thus we got two whole Ruskie fleets on loan for 2 1/2 YEARS. As things ran down and the war ended, successfully for the Union, and Grant became President, the "$7,000,000 note" to Russia came due.
Grant and Nikki didn't want folks to know about the 'help' so they cooked up a scheme to make the payment be for some lands "up there" in eastern Russia (at the time). The bill for renting the fleet was paid and we "got useless Alaska"..ie "Grant's Folly" Kinda like "Lend Lease" in WW2 Now you know th rest of the story

Besides camping, US history is also my hobby. ;-) BTW, that money, if paid in gold today, like it was in 1866, woul;d be = to $455,000,000 in US dollars. Still a bargain!
Old 06-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #16

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Okay, Stude, you ARE getting too political. Time to zip up that more unknown Canadian invention (the zipper) and move onto other topics.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #17

British Columbia
[QUOTE=Fred762;701639]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Yep you should see the Yukon it is even bigger than Saskatchewan. We then fell out of the Yukon and into Alaska, and oh met a lot more nice people there even though they are American. God they were lucky to..."

LOL we're looking forward to seeing the Yukon too on the way to Alaska.

The history of the place (AK) is really wierd. It was called "Grant's Folly" for years... referijng to the money President Grant paid to Russia, for "useless"AK.
Now for the "rest of the story".. During the Civil War, Abe Lincoln accepted aid FROM Russia'S CZAR NIKKI Romanoff (I think he was) who heard about the Emancipation Proclamation (probably from his grandmother, Queen Victoria)and sent this[paraphrased] to Lincoln: "We have freed 5 million serfs, you have freed the slaves..WE look up to this and wish to send you aid..what do you need?"
Lincoln replied he wd like to rent 2 FLEETS ONE from the Northern fleet group to help w the blockade of the Confederacy and the Russian Far Eastern Fleet from Vladivostok, to help put down the rebellion [wh was being aided & abetted by London's bankers, out in California territory.
Ole Nikki said sure and thus we got two whole Ruskie fleets on loan for 2 1/2 YEARS. As things ran down and the war ended, successfully for the Union, and Grant became President, the "$7,000,000 note" to Russia came due.
Grant and Nikki didn't want folks to know about the 'help' so they cooked up a scheme to make the payment be for some lands "up there" in eastern Russia (at the time). The bill for renting the fleet was paid and we "got useless Alaska"..ie "Grant's Folly" Kinda like "Lend Lease" in WW2 Now you know th rest of the story

Besides camping, US history is also my hobby. ;-) BTW, that money, if paid in gold today, like it was in 1866, woul;d be = to $455,000,000 in US dollars. Still a bargain!
:THanks Fred for the whole story, interesting to know how it came about.
Stude
Old 06-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
States = Provinces

OK, time for a geography lesson:
All you Americans talk about going to this state, or that state, and then to "Canada"
Canada is a COUNTRY, like the USA.
You should say which PROVINCE. And since there are only 10 of them, your can be more specific by naming the city, or area in that province.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #19

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Mr. Mike Magee, you will notice that most of Canucks are not all that fond of Mr. Trudeau as he ran on his Fathers shirt sleeves and manage to win the Prime Ministers seat, I would rather have Harper back as he did a good job and was not afraid of anyone but I have to give Mr. T. credit as he is doing a good job on this Nafta thing and not giving into that other Idiot though I hear that North Korea is going to referee the fight they might get into soon. Funny part he is the only that thinks they don't have a good deal with it's northern Neighbors all the people who work and have been dealing with Nafta since it was brought in like it the way it is not the way Trump wants it. But you have some pretty nasty Senators that think we give our lumber away for nothing, think again as we do not get the good stuff they are sending the good stuff to you guys or the Japanese?? So they bring in these oversized expenses and who do the lumber companies belong to no one but Americans.
Stude
So how many American items suffered onerous tariffs on their way to Canada, even before this little tiff ?
As good neighbors, we will still allow Canadians to line up along the 49th Parallel and hold their hands out for the warmth!
Old 06-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #20

NW Wisconsin
I will admit that I have always enjoyed Mr. Trudeau’s comic strip “Doonesbury”
Closed Thread