Just finished our first weeklong trip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 1999 Burro
Just finished our first weeklong trip

We successfully completed our first real voyage in the Burro (still working on naming her). I did an art show in Ann Arbor, so we hooked her up and headed north. We spent 1 night in a campground in WV on the way up and then 5 nights in Ann Arbor and one night at Pipestem state park in WV (will do a writeup, wonderful place).

Burro was a real treat to stay in. Bed was super comfy. My wife found a memory foam eggcrate at overstock.com for about $60 and it was super. We found that we had plenty of room, although staying organized is a must. Shower worked out really well and was much easier than I thought. The hot water heater was really amazing.

Things to work on are:

Making sure the a/c window unit is watertight! Rained hard several times and water poured in onto the bed

Replacing the icebox. I packed two frozen gallon jugs for the trip up, but the box never got below 50 deg. Thank goodness we had a small dorm fridge or we would have struggled in that department.

Some sort of awning. Coming in and out from the rain (and tracking in dirt) wasn't good. I now understand why people put rugs in front of their doors.

Overall a very good first trip and looking forward to many more. When I am traveling by myself, I will probably do a bit more boondocking, so that should be a new challenge.
joelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Glad to hear you had a good first outing.
On the A/C make sure it is installed correctly and not just leaking because of a bad seal. When an A/C is installed in a window it needs to have a down angle to the outside or water will pour in when it rains.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01015 (Small).JPG  
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote