Just got the call that my scamps ready - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: 27
Trailer: scamp
Illinois
Just got the call that my scamps ready

Ordered back in may and just got the call today that my scamp 13 is ready and will be shipping out to me soon. I've been wanting one for years so I can't wait to see it. Just wanted to tell someone haha
Jets27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:56 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets27 View Post
Ordered back in may and just got the call today that my scamp 13 is ready and will be shipping out to me soon. I've been wanting one for years so I can't wait to see it. Just wanted to tell someone haha
Welcome to the Scamp life style. We will want to see pictures. They have made some changes this year.
Attached Thumbnails
WAITING.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Illinois
Thank you, will definitely take some pics. Happy Im getting the new model, didn't know when I ordered. They just confirmed it in october. Got the old model price too so that worked out well
Old 11-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #4

Wisconsin
Registry
I love it when a plan comes together

Quote:
Thank you, will definitely take some pics. Happy Im getting the new model, didn't know when I ordered. They just confirmed it in october. Got the old model price too so that worked out well
I love it when a plan comes together
Old 11-11-2020, 05:56 PM   #5

Name: Lesley
New Jersey
Congrats to you!!! Please send pics of the new door, shades, emblems, etc. very exciting!!
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:39 PM   #6

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Good luck with your new Scamp! There are many scamps on this forum who can't wait to see the pictures of the new style Scamp.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:50 AM   #7

Name: Robin
Trailer: 2013 16ft Scamp
California
Woo Hoo, so excited for you! Enjoy and Happy Camping.
Campingbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Illinois
Thanks everyone, will be taking lots of pictures. Now just waiting for the call about delivery, should be here within a week or so I'm hoping.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:41 AM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: Waiting on 16" Scamp
Colorado Springs
Thumbs up Scamp soon

Same deal; Scamp 16 coming in Dec with new features (door!) and with price quoted back in May. We'll do pictures.
mm2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:59 AM   #10
MJo

Name: Mary Jo
Trailer: 2020 Scamp w/2004 Volvo XC-70
Massachusetts
Congrats!! I know how it feels. I got my call 9/30 and was on the road the next day to go get it. You’ll enjoy it, MJo
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #11

Wisconsin
Registry
Scamp on a stick reminder

Quote:
Just a reminder to people headed to Backus, There is a post on here where people post pictures of their Scamp in front of the "Scamp on a stick".
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...res-90828.html
Old 11-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #12

Name: Scampgrounds
Ca
New Scamp

Congratulations! We received our 2020 Scamp 13' on 11/22/2019 (almost one year ago). We've already had so many adventures of a lifetime! Enjoy!
Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #13

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
what are you doing here you should be there picking it up. wait for years and miss the best part of the whole deal.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #14
MJo

Massachusetts
Steve !! very true !!! I wouldn’t trade my trip from Cape Cod to Backus for anything !! (well maybe something). What a great trip, the roads are fantastic even with all the construction, and once you get to Backus, to be able to meet with your salesman, mine was Rick Swensen, and got over your Scamp with Eric in the shop. You miss a great opportunity to see where your Scamp was made and put frosting on your cake of getting a Scamp !!! get on the road, go get it !!! you won’t be sorry. I left the Cape with my old cat, old dog, old me and 16 year old Volvo on Thursday afternoon and got back to the Cape on the following Tuesday at 11 p.m., (had to wait at the motel Sat. p.m. until Scamp opened Monday a.m.). not any problems, just excitement. Really nice motel 20 minutes down the road too, free breakfast, really nice and restaurant next door. Trip of a lifetime!!! I can’t believe it was a month ago, seems like yesterday. Get in your car and go !!!!
Old 11-18-2020, 10:39 AM   #15
MJo

Massachusetts
and you’re in Illinois !!!! Backus is so close to you !!!! come on, take the trip, you’ll be so glad you did.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #16

Name: Beth
North Carolina
I ordered my 16’ in early August. Late April in my ETA. I wonder, now, if it will be ready sooner???
BLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:44 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Illinois
I actually did decide to pick it up instead. They originally told me that it would be delivered a few days after completion. I called to ask when it would be delivered and now they told me december. So Im packing up today and leaving in the morning, getting it friday. A little nervous since Im new to towing but I think ill be ok.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #18
MJo

Massachusetts
just got the call

Glad you’re driving up. The people in the shop will go around your Scamp with you so you can ask ?’s about hookups, etc. When you get hooked up, you can drive a little in their lot, my salesman, Nick Swensen, advised me not to take sharp turns, your car and the Scamp need room on turns. Just take it slow. I hadn’t pulled a trailer since the 60’s when I moved to Boston from VA for school, but you’ll do it. The Scamp follows along behind your car very smoothly. I didn’t fill the water tanks under advice that it would make it easier to winterize, so I think that might have made towing smoother. Just keep in touch, there are great people on the website anxious to share their experiences with you. I left Backus right after picking up my Scamp on Monday morning and drove straight through to Cape Cod, only stopping for gas and walking my dog and got to the Cape at 11 p.m. Tuesday night. If i can do it, you can do it. I’m 85 and would love to do it again. You’re in for a memorable experience adding a new member to your family. There is a AmericInn by Wyndham,a very nice motel but not expensive, I think it cost me $100 for the night and free breakfast, at the junction of 371 and ?87, it’s next to a Speedway gas station and the Apine restaurant with a statue of Paul Bunyan next to it, (I got a Sunday chicken dinner for $8.95 !!!, nothing like that on Cape Cod!!!). It’s about 25 minutes down 371 from Backus.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #19

Name: Bob ,
Trailer: Escape trailer 17
Oregon
Congrats see you on the road or in the park or by the river smiling
Ballman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:42 PM   #20
MJo

Massachusetts
Don’t forget your certified/bank check !!! good luck and have fun!!! We’ll be waiting to hear from you when you get on the road. Mjo

Tags
scamp