Just ordered a Strongback Elite camp chair - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #41

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
both my wife (5'2, quite wide) and myself (6' tall, only sorta wide) really really like these chairs for all day sitting comfort in a relatively upright position.

https://www.macsports-store.com/port...p/c104s-gy.htm

we bought a pair of these like 20 years ago that are still holding up, when the company was called Maccabee. since our old ones are on their last legs after 100s of camping trips and music festivals, we got a pair of the new ones.
Attached Thumbnails
C104S-GY-2[1].jpg  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #42
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
UPDATE:

Since I last posted on this thread in 2016, we stopped at Camping World on the way to the Washington coast for our last trip of the year and sat in every possible chair. We bought two 300-pound limit "Summit Chairs" in gray and black.

A bit spendy but VERY comfortable and strong. And they more or less match. I made two carry bags with handles out of an old roll of upholstery fabric, too.

Oooo. I like the high back on this. Thanks for the tip.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #43

Name: Mo
Trailer: Still looking
Texas
Quote:
UPDATE:

Since I last posted on this thread in 2016, we stopped at Camping World on the way to the Washington coast for our last trip of the year and sat in every possible chair. We bought two 300-pound limit "Summit Chairs" in gray and black.

A bit spendy but VERY comfortable and strong. And they more or less match. I made two carry bags with handles out of an old roll of upholstery fabric, too.

Can you adjust the angle of the back of the chair?
June Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #44

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
UPDATE:

Your carry bags sound very economical and functional! My family was so poor, for outside play in winter my 5 siblings (before I was born) wore home-sewn snow suits made from car upholstery material.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #45

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Mary F, thanks, and you're welcome! Yes, I liked the high backs, too. When sitting at a campfire on a cool night, it keeps us warmer. And the angle is good.

We like being able to put a neck pillow behind us and laze back; since they are relatively short in the legs as well, my feet still reach the ground and we can stretch out some.

June Bug: no, the backs aren't adjustable. Wouldn't that be nice! But they also sell a rocker.

I especially like that there isn't that V shape or criss cross brace under my thighs, as that kind always hurts a little.

Thanks, Mike Magee. Your snowsuits sound very practical and waterproof! And clever of your mom! My husband, Paul, says he had a "coat of many colors" made out of all kinds of scrap fabrics; they couldn't afford to get yardage when he grew out of his last coat.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #46

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
both my wife (5'2, quite wide) and myself (6' tall, only sorta wide) really really like these chairs for all day sitting comfort in a relatively upright position.

https://www.macsports-store.com/port...p/c104s-gy.htm

we bought a pair of these like 20 years ago that are still holding up, when the company was called Maccabee. since our old ones are on their last legs after 100s of camping trips and music festivals, we got a pair of the new ones.
John,

Same here! We had lots of different camp chairs over the years and the MACs are our favorites! Ours are only 12 years old but still going strong. Of course we're in them only when we are not in our lounge chairs!
Attached Thumbnails
Chairs.jpg  

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote