Just Ordered My ParkLiner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Just Ordered My ParkLiner

Cameron said it was the 4th order this week. Delivery in February (at earliest).

Cameron also said that without outside power, everything works but the A/C and furnace.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Cameron said it was the 4th order this week. Delivery in February (at earliest).

Cameron also said that without outside power, everything works but the A/C and furnace.
How do the 120 VAC outlets and the converter work with no outside power?
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #3

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
He said the lights, toilet, outlets, and microwave all work. He was told that by one of the other guys.

It does seem like you would need an inverter though. I just took his word for it and didn't think to ask if they had included an inverter.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #4

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Just ordered Parkliner

Hi Huck! Congratulations on ordering your Parkliner. Wow, 4th PL order this week is very encouraging. Just curios did Cameron give you any idea as to when your PL would be started? Also wondering if the new builds are with the new mould. Did you happen to see/read the article recently in the N.C. Business Magazine on PL. It is a good interview with Chandler. If interested, go to PL website and click on PL Facebook link and scroll down. Again, congratulations. Betty Lou
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #5

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Greetings Huck! & Congratulations.
Time to change your "Trailer: In the market" to something like...
"Trailer: Parkliner on order" ?

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #6

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL Chiffons View Post
Hi Huck! Congratulations on ordering your Parkliner. Wow, 4th PL order this week is very encouraging. Just curios did Cameron give you any idea as to when your PL would be started? Also wondering if the new builds are with the new mould. Did you happen to see/read the article recently in the N.C. Business Magazine on PL. It is a good interview with Chandler. If interested, go to PL website and click on PL Facebook link and scroll down. Again, congratulations. Betty Lou
Thanks betty Lou. I don't know when mine is being started. My understanding is that new builds are using the new mold. That's why there is only 1 size refrigerator now. The additional wheel space cut into the space for refrigerator.

If PL was a little closer, I would offer to help Chandler out for a while. I think it would be a lot of fun starting with nothing and ending up with a complete trailer.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
REALLY good question Steve
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #8

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Ok, they have an inverter run off the batteries, creating AC which the converter plugs into, which then charges the batteries in an infinite loop? The perpetual motion machine!

jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #9

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post
Ok, they have an inverter run off the batteries, creating AC which the converter plugs into, which then charges the batteries in an infinite loop? The perpetual motion machine!

I want one........
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Casita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post

I wish Casita would use the same electrical system as Parkliner ! I could save a lot of money by camping at sites without hookups and be able to boondock for weeks at a time
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hey Huck, great news. I was impressed when these first came out. They just look like a well thought out trailer. Make a better mouse trap.......... Congratulations , Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #12

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Free Energy.......well, maybe, some day.

carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #13

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Parkliner ordered

Quote:
Thanks betty Lou. I don't know when mine is being started. My understanding is that new builds are using the new mold. That's why there is only 1 size refrigerator now. The additional wheel space cut into the space for refrigerator.
Thanks Huck. When we were at PL mid sept and did our options plus deposit Cameron did inform us then that they were only offering smaller frig. I know that I am not the brightest bulb in the string of lights just can't seem to comprehend the electrical current jargon. Huck, if you don't mind,what options did you select (if any) regarding outlets 110/12v for your PL? Also,what is the difference between inverter and converter? Our Sunline that we recently sold was simple...It had circuit breakers that I would just flip on/off.Again, congratulations Huck on your PL order. Did Cameron say what # PL yours will be?
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #14

Trailer: Bambi
No furnace???

I take it that a Parkliner does not have a propane system if the furnace won't operate unless plugged in ?? Is it all electric ?

Always looking to learn........
Jane D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #15
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Read all about it. Raz

ParkLiner Fiberglass Ultralight Travel Trailers -
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #16

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane D. View Post
I take it that a Parkliner does not have a propane system if the furnace won't operate unless plugged in ?? Is it all electric ?

I believe it is electric ignition.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #17

Virginia
Quote:
Thanks Huck. When we were at PL mid sept and did our options plus deposit Cameron did inform us then that they were only offering smaller frig. I know that I am not the brightest bulb in the string of lights just can't seem to comprehend the electrical current jargon. Huck, if you don't mind,what options did you select (if any) regarding outlets 110/12v for your PL? Also,what is the difference between inverter and converter? Our Sunline that we recently sold was simple...It had circuit breakers that I would just flip on/off.Again, congratulations Huck on your PL order. Did Cameron say what # PL yours will be?
I selected all the options except the upgraded wheels, bathroom sink, and additional 120vac outlets. I added in 1 12vdc outlet.

Inverter converts dc to ac. (connect an inverter to car battery and run your home refrigerator off it)
Converter converts ac to dc. (external acposwer is converted to store on battery)
Old 10-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #18

Does it have 12 volt power ??

Quote:
I believe it is electric ignition.
Thanks for the reply. But.....

The electric ignition on all the appliances in my trailers are 12 volt, including the furnace. That's what led me to asking if PLs don't have a propane system. Just wondering..
Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #19

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane D. View Post

Hi, The PL's do have Propane system as an option. And the propane heater will need power from the 12 volt side to run the forced air fan and ignition. On the installed single AGM battery you would deplete the battery overnight, so being plugged into shore power would be a good idea if no solar or larger battery bank is not part of the design/options.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #20

The bulb is lit.....

Thanks for the info. That explains it all, if the propane system is optional. Didn't think about that. I'm just so used to having it in mine I guess.

jd

Tags
parkliner