Just to say I hope 2017 is better for everyone. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Just to say I hope 2017 is better for everyone.

That you all have no problems with your trailers and that you all enjoy the new year coming down the pike.
Something I read the other day is that they are saying Electric Vehicles will be here sooner than one wants them same goes for self driving cars and trucks, I wonder how that will go when towing a trailer?? Also down the road a ways they say no one will own a car or truck so how do they figure those of us who like MH's, trucks with Campers, Trailers etc etc. are supposed to be able to enjoy a different life style in not owning anything???
They say u just hit a App on your smart phone and a car will be waiting at your door for you to hop into and go for a drive only paying for the time u used it, no need to park it as it will move along to the next customer and so on.
Anyway Happy New Year,
Stude the referral guy.
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
That you all have no problems with your trailers and that you all enjoy the new year coming down the pike.
Something I read the other day is that they are saying Electric Vehicles will be here sooner than one wants them same goes for self driving cars and trucks, I wonder how that will go when towing a trailer?? Also down the road a ways they say no one will own a car or truck so how do they figure those of us who like MH's, trucks with Campers, Trailers etc etc. are supposed to be able to enjoy a different life style in not owning anything???
They say u just hit a App on your smart phone and a car will be waiting at your door for you to hop into and go for a drive only paying for the time u used it, no need to park it as it will move along to the next customer and so on.
Anyway Happy New Year,
Stude the referral guy.
The good news is that radical predictions seldom come to fruition. I feel confident that as long as I am able to drive there will be car ownership and personal driving.
Some good things though...
People no longer able to drive would benefit.
It might reduce the fact that 80% of drivers drive drunk at least once a month.
Problem is that most cars run on RBOB10 and so they would be drunk all the time! Even the electrics run on (white)LIGHTNING!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #3

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Self driving cars and trucks are getting closer to our highways. The problem is safety. We can't get the bugs out of the electronics we have in vehicles now. What happens when sensors fail at 70 MPH. My company has several large trucks. They are constantly in and out of the shop because of sensors and computer controls. The mechanicals are pretty much bulletproof.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I look forward to self-driving vehicles. I hope I live long enough to see them become mainstream. For me, as I age, I see it as being able to extend my camping pleasure. We all know there comes a time we should stop driving. That time should come sooner when towing a trailer (IMHO). So, if I'm still mobile at 85, it would be nice if the truck and trailer would just take me where I want to go and I can sit in the passenger seat and look out the window and enjoy! Pipe dream? Maybe, but that's what dreams are made of.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:36 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
we here at the happier camper are in development of a new self driving trailer that will be waiting for you at your campsite when you arrive in your self driving car and in the near future hope to have robots that will actually do the camping for you.happier new year everyone
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:27 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
we here at the happier camper are in development of a new self driving trailer that will be waiting for you at your campsite when you arrive in your self driving car and in the near future hope to have robots that will actually do the camping for you.
I hope that's more funny than true. If not, I'll sit at home and act like I'm having a good time while the robot lights the fire in the evening and makes the coffee in the morning. He/it will sit around the fire and BS with the other robots. He/it will connect the trailer and give the final good byes. Exchange a few phone numbers he can email me later. The robot community can exchange notes through wifi about the road conditions while I blissfully watch a game show at home.

Hmmmm. Maybe it's not so bad after all. Not.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:34 AM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ginny and I enter year 17 of 7 month a year travel with anticipation of more of the same to discover more of the unknown.

We're off to Newfoundland in the Spring and then a short loop of through the USA.

After all our years the number of changes in every part of life beginning with government but including cars and electronics. Surprisingly little trailers have not changed that much.

Ginny and I on the road focusing on just the two of us reminds of our early years.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Fiberglass RV mobile app

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:42 AM   #8

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Maybe in 2017 we'll get trailer tires and wheel bearing that require no more concern and attention than those of our cars and trucks Happy New Year all.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:30 AM   #9

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
It's interesting that somewhere around the turn of the 20th century it was proposed to shut down the patent office because everything that could be invented had been so there would be no further use for the patent office. What on earth would we have played with in idle moments without our smart phones?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:51 AM   #10

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Speaking of radical predictions about the future, WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROCKET BELT??!!!
Old 12-31-2016, 03:16 PM   #11

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
HAPPY NEW YEAR FGRV, all!

Where the heck is my rocket belt--and my flying car?

Wish I'd paid more attention in Disneyland's Tomorrowland Home of the Future exhibit or I'd have more to wonder about! Where the heck is my -- whatever I wasn't paying attention to in 1963!

Agree, it might be pretty super to just order up a car and there it is, driving itself!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BEST
Kai
Paul
Nimble
Cinder(ella)
Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
The good news is that radical predictions seldom come to fruition. I feel confident that as long as I am able to drive there will be car ownership and personal driving.
Some good things though...
People no longer able to drive would benefit.
It might reduce the fact that 80% of drivers drive drunk at least once a month.
Problem is that most cars run on RBOB10 and so they would be drunk all the time! Even the electrics run on (white)LIGHTNING!
I totally recall seeing this movie!!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote