Kettle Grill Bag - Finally a Solution! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #1
TLZ

Name: Traci
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Kettle Grill Bag - Finally a Solution!

Hello All,

I had been searching and searching on A for a bag to hold a medium size kettle grill and finally came up with a perfect solution (for us)! I ordered a 4 tire storage bad that zips and has a drawstring at top. Could not be any more pleased with how it has worked out! There is even plenty of extra room for other items in bag and the construction of bag is very good and it is a durable vinyl coated material. Best of all it was very, very inexpensive, $8.91! I have not seen this idea posted before so thought I would share. Make sure you let your grill cool off well before putting in bag. We always give ours a quick hose down before placing it bag.

Happing Camping!
TLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLZ View Post
Hello All,

I had been searching and searching on A for a bag to hold a medium size kettle grill and finally came up with a perfect solution (for us)! I ordered a 4 tire storage bad that zips and has a drawstring at top. Could not be any more pleased with how it has worked out! There is even plenty of extra room for other items in bag and the construction of bag is very good and it is a durable vinyl coated material. Best of all it was very, very inexpensive, $8.91! I have not seen this idea posted before so thought I would share. Make sure you let your grill cool off well before putting in bag. We always give ours a quick hose down before placing it bag.

Happing Camping!
The exact same question is on the Casita Forum so I refer you to my response on that forum
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Tire storage bags... never heard of that. I was actually thinking of making something similar for our Little Joe. I’ve been just slipping it into a trash bag before stowing in the trailer. I have to make an Amazon order today, so I’ll see what I can find. A link to the specific item you purchased would be helpful in light of your positive review of its quality.

Thanks for posting.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:32 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Construction trash bags are 3mm plastic and very heavy duty. I just bought a box of 32 bags for less than $20 CAD.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:56 AM   #5

Name: PCO6
Trailer: Cadet
Ontario
I use an inexpensive sports equipment bag (hockey, lacrosse, etc.). It's made of heavy duty canvas, has zippered access from the top, has canvas handles and they come in several sizes. It's "sort of" water proof and can be thrown in the wash when it gets dirty. Buy a new one ... used ones "stink"!
PCO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:29 AM   #6

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
4 tire storage bag...who knew? Thanks for posting this idea.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
TLZ

Arkansas
Well. The other site removed my posting so I’m not sure what I’m allowed to share here. I can say say I purchased it online at known online retailer A and it was was $8.91. I hope that helps all that all curious!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
On this site posts containing active links have to be approved by a moderator for new members as a spam prevention measure. That may be what happened on the other forum- it’s awaiting moderator approval.

Once you get a few posts under your belt, you’ll be able to share links freely. There’s no rule against making camping-related product recommendations and posting links (unless you’re the seller, in which case you have to register as a commercial member).

Anyway, since we now know what to search for, shouldn’t be too hard to find. Thanks for trying!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLZ View Post
Well. The other site removed my posting so I’m not sure what I’m allowed to share here. I can say say I purchased it online at known online retailer A and it was was $8.91. I hope that helps all that all curious!
Your post / thread is still available / active on the other site as of late last night
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:28 AM   #10

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Just do a search on Amazon and bunches show up, including this one.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Tire storage bags... never heard of that. I was actually thinking of making something similar for our Little Joe. I’ve been just slipping it into a trash bag before stowing in the trailer. I have to make an Amazon order today, so I’ll see what I can find. A link to the specific item you purchased would be helpful in light of your positive review of its quality.

Thanks for posting.
Weber makes a bag specifically for the Little Joe. I have one. The quality is good, but it is a little pricey for what it is. Overall, though, I am happy with it.
brettl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #12
TLZ

Arkansas
This is for a jumbo joe.