L’air Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2022, 03:01 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: L’air Trillium 1300 on order
Ontario
L’air Trillium

After delivery date not met (may 2022)and deposit return refused by company owner I complaint to Customer Protection Ontario.
Today I received phone call from them asking me to autorize an agent to represent me.
Fingers crossed.
Still hard to belive for me that people can take deposits and not give you the product.If it would be me I would returned in split second especially there is +50 people (trailers) in front of me.
Meaning no parts has been made/ordered for.
How a person like that can look in the mirror and be happy and peacefull with himself.
I’m just speechless.
Just as now customers having tons of issues with those poorly copied Trilliums.
I guess it takes more than illegally collected deposits to make a good product.
Sad very sad
sliwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:03 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Harder to believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliwka View Post
Still hard to belive for me that people can take deposits and not give you the product.
... they are still taking orders. From the web site:

"Sign Up and Save

We’re offering special pricing and discounts up to $5,500 off the purchase of a new Trillium Heritage Series camping trailer. Enter your name and email below to gain access to these discounts."
https://laircamper.com/models/trillium-heritage-series/
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:29 PM   #3

Name: Gloria
Trailer: Looking
Illinois
Thank you so much for posting this! I hope they are able to help you get your money back!

I saw this version of Trillium on YouTube while trying to find out about another version. I went to their website today and they were not only taking orders but offering discounts to people who sign up for their emails.

I was interested, but decided to do some searching since I have never heard of this company before. It’s just horrible that companies take large deposits and just spend the money. They are not the only one, as I am learning in my quest to get my own egg.

I contacted a different fiberglass trailer company, and they want $30,000 up front, many months before your trailer is built!! I got this excerpted email back as an explanation:

“ We, as the only as the only custom trailer manufacturer in North America, rely on these deposits to keep our business flourishing and moving efficiently.

We understand that this is a large investment, and it does require faith in our process.“

Um, yeah. I have to trust what appears to me to be a pyramid scheme? They run their business using my money, so I guess I rely on another customer’s money deposited closer to my build date for mine to be built many months later? Am I understanding this correctly? Holy heck. I am completely stunned.
CamperGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:06 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperGloria View Post
…I contacted a different fiberglass trailer company, and they want $30,000 up front, many months before your trailer is built!! I got this excerpted email back as an explanation…
Would you mind sharing the name of this other company? Trying to think of who might describe themselves as “ the only custom trailer manufacturer in North America.”

Smaller companies and those offering high levels of customization can be expected to require larger deposits. In the current economy plagued by supply chain delays, they may be ordering materials and components for your build well in advance of the start date. Large orders and long-term customers typically get a higher priority when supplies run short.

But it can easily turn into a situation in which your deposit is actually being used to pay for current builds, and that will spiral downhill fast. Good designers and builders do not always make good business persons (and vice versa). It is often difficult to say when exactly it reached that tipping point.

There is an element of risk if you choose to deal with a small and/or newly established company. If you cannot afford to take that risk, you are better off dealing with one of the well-established companies or buying used.

You seem to have your eyes wide open.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium