Leaf Blower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Leaf Blower

Why didn't anyone tell me I needed one?

I just saw I guy plug in his leaf blower and blow every leaf and twig off his camping space. This is my 1st experience with snowbirds and it has been quite interesting.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
We had the same experience this last fall at the LBL rally, where a neighboring behemoth camper had to rid her space of leaves, dust & dirt around her rig and hot tub, only to blow it all over us.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Escape
Wisconsin
Can't be too clean ..

Heck you have to have a tidy site don't ya know....

After all you are outside camping in nature
Old 02-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler
Yeah just what everyone wants to hear in a nice supposedly peaceful campground... somebody cranking up a leaf blower.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry

I am curious, though... In what sort of "campground" did you observe the leaf blower performance? I could actually see it happening in an "RV resort" sort of place... But a campground?!

Dave, I would have had a hard time resisting the urge to gather it all up and deposit it... in the hot tub. I'm sure you're a better person than I, and the thought never occurred to you!

Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I would have had a hard time resisting the urge to gather it all up and deposit it... in the hot tub.
Jon that brings back memories. One of my camping buddies used to drive his open top Baja bug to work on occasion. He always put a car cover on it as the tree he parked under dropped a mess of little leaves. I started grabbing a small hand full of leaves and tossing them inside for the next couple years . One day out at camp, the subject of car covers came up. I asked him how his was working out. He said pretty good, it had never blown off but could never figure out how leaves got inside. I fessed up, he cussed me out and we all had a good laugh. MMMM, we still camp together and he's still got the Baja................
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Why didn't anyone tell me I needed one?

I just saw I guy plug in his leaf blower and blow every leaf and twig off his camping space. This is my 1st experience with snowbirds and it has been quite interesting.
It is a matter of statistics
2 out of every 100 adults are likely to have OCD.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #8

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
We were camping in MS a couple of weeks ago in a campground with about 40 or so sites. Some one in the campground had a leaf blower or something of the sort. He had it running for almost 30 minutes. We walked over to his campsite and found the cleanest site in the park. We gathered up some of his debris and carried it to our site to make ours more comfortable!!!!
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I have seen people fail to clean the leaves away from around their fire rings , then start a campfire and proceed to start the campsite on fire. In the Fall we carry a rake to pull the leaves back from the fire ring but a leaf blower would work as well.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #10

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
If the blower annoys you, simply wait until they are done, sneak over and sprinkle peanuts all around their bulgemobile, then sit back and watch the squirrels have a hayday! just kidding!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The campground we are in, on the coast of Georgia, (Steve has visited) has constant falling leaves and pine needles that will cause stains on campers and vehicles. Many here have leaf blowers to clear camper roofs, awnings, and vehicles. Most use electric blowers, plug in or cordless. Everyone is careful not to blow debris into other sites, but all sites are sand, covered with leaves and pine needles anyway. It's a dirty noisy campground, and an occasional leaf blower is the least of anyones concern. And darn it, I forgot to bring mine.
Edit; For Floyd, this place is over run with squirrels already.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #12

Name: Breck
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Let's talk about nightlights too just for fun.
Farmerbreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #13

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerbreck View Post
LOL, and loud music and barking dogs. Have it all here!
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #14

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
The campground we are in, on the coast of Georgia, (Steve has visited) has constant falling leaves and pine needles that will cause stains on campers and vehicles. Many here have leaf blowers to clear camper roofs, awnings, and vehicles. Most use electric blowers, plug in or cordless. Everyone is careful not to blow debris into other sites, but all sites are sand, covered with leaves and pine needles anyway. It's a dirty noisy campground, and an occasional leaf blower is the least of anyones concern. And darn it, I forgot to bring mine.
Edit; For Floyd, this place is over run with squirrels already.
so just imagine if you could attract them all to one site!!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #15

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
We have used an LED night light plugged into our trailers outside receptacle . If you darken the topside of the plastic lense the light only shines down on the ground. We find the light to be non intrusive and just enough light to avoid trip hazards.
We do not leave it on all night so as to bother others.

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #16

Name: Breck
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
If your going to be outside and need a light that sounds good. I personally like the night sky and don't like lights left on for no reason.
Farmerbreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #17

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
I would never fire up a leaf blower at a campground. And I would frown on anyone who would. But I have discovered a great alternate use for the loud obnoxious device. After washing my truck or trailer I use a electric leaf blower to dry them off. Water spots are prevented much easier than using a chamois or towel.
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #18

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
In a perfect storm...
When arriving late a camper flips on bright LED porch light in order set up camp, and while their truculent ill mannered teenager tests the Beats blue tooth speakers with the music player of their smart phone using the latest in heavy metal club music, they use leaf blower to clear the site since it isn't "all that late". The commotion causes my dog to start barking, which of course means every other dog in the area goes off.

They then fire up the generator, go inside, fire up the AC, turn on the TV and loudly argue over the sound of the TV.

My guess is they will not even understand why their campfire wood is wet and smells like urine when it burns. I just hope that I don't have to wait too long in the line of people waiting to "contribute" to that wet wood situation.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #19

Name: E
Trailer: Aliner
Georgia
Quote:
haha! Early in my camping days I went to a local lake and parked next to some folks that had been there for weeks. They had the entire place tricked out with light and TV and the whole works. All kinda fun except for the BUG ZAPPER hanging from a tree that was up and running til they went to bed. At least they turned it off then.

111 sq miles of lake buddy. Pretty sure your lil zapper isn't going to make a dent in the bug population.

zzzt zzzt zzzt zzzt zzzt

Beautiful lakefront view otherwise...
Yarnstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #20

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Years ago My nephew took his 11 year old son to a State campground in MA, and set up thier tent next to a big motorhome.
The evening came and thier motorhome neighbor cranked up the generator went inside, sat in his easy chair infront of the huge side window and turned on his 32 inch TV, which was in full view of my nephews tent and watched a XXX movie.
Needless to say my nephew packed his tent up the next day and left.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote