Leaking window seals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #1

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe
Illinois
Registry
Leaking window seals

I own a 2008 16 foot Scamp deluxe trailer with Hehr windows. On a recent trip we encountered a very heavy rain storm. The Hehr windows leaked at bottom miter joint of the rubber seals. I am including a couple of photos (inside and out) to show the miter joint. Notice that several photos have algae shown at and under the rubber seal, so this has been a problem for awhile. Any suggestions for cleaning, sealing, and fixing the leak.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8593.jpg   IMG_8594.jpg  

IMG_8600.jpg   IMG_8599.jpg  

BruceandMaryJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #2

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Hi
Your windows must have had a sealant placed at the corners when new. It looks like the strips have shrunk away from the joint at the corners pulling the sealant too. Any glass shop should be able to fix; or supply you with the right tube of sealer if you want to try and do the repair yourself. Can't tell from the photos how the strip can be removed to gain access. Maybe someone has done this and will respond to this thread as well. If you can get a little pool algae treatment to clean the mess that would help too. Good Luck !
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 Scamp 13 ft
I also have a 2008 16' Scamp deluxe with Hehr windows. Mine leaked at the bottom corner of the rear window. I took it to the local RV dealer last month and had them remove the window and reseal with Butyl tape. So far it's remained leak free. I don't know if the cause of the window leak I had is the same problem as yours or not.

Now, if I could just figure out why I'm getting a leak from the ceiling a/c I'd be in good shape.
Cheryl C is offline   Reply With Quote