Learned of some HOT news today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
This evening I was in conversation with a car buddy who is also an Egger. He told me of an experience he encountered this afternoon in our local Canadian Tire parking lot.

He had pulled into the lot to go do some shopping and almost tripped over what looked like a brand new BOLER. He wandered over to the rig and saw the driver of the tow vehicle sitting in the truck. My friend asked the driver IF in fact this was a NEW BOLER. The driver indicated YES, in fact it IS a brand new Boler and it is now being made by Scamp in MN. The driver it turns out is a dealer rep and is delivering this NEW egg to some lucky Canuck. The DELIVERED price for this fully loaded BOLER, including roof mounted A/C was in the neighbourhood of mid to upper $13,000 range. This model is the deluxe one and fully loaded he said. The BASE price for the bare bonez BOLER is around $8,000 CANADIAN, delivered!!!

Reace/Tammy, are you 'on line' with this!!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
So Doug, is Scamp making a different trailer and it's a Boler. Or are they rebadging the Scamp to a Boler, for sale in Canada?

Sorta like Ford rebadging the ole Ford F-100 and calling it a Mercury for sale in Canada back in the 50s?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
These days,I dare you to find anything that can really surprise me.
It is like we are taking "Crazy Pills" or something.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:36 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
Years ago didn't they re-badge Bolers as Scamps plus a lot of others. I guess that maybe turn-around is fair play. That pricing is pretty close to what they advertised the Scamp at at last years RV show in TO.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #5

Registry
Quote:
So Doug, is Scamp making a different trailer and it's a Boler. Or are they rebadging the Scamp to a Boler, for sale in Canada?

Sorta like Ford rebadging the ole Ford F-100 and calling it a Mercury for sale in Canada back in the 50s?

BUTT, But, but Donna was not the ol Merc p/u built in Canada?? I'm not up on truck history, LOL.

Sorry Donna (et al) thats all the info I have. I was surprised that this was even going on and I don't think anything about this subject has been spoken about on here.

Those prices quoted WERE expressed in Canadian "Loonies/Toonies" and not U.S. "dead Presidents (as some call them), so the American savings are even more apparent....
Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #6

I had a 54 Meteor. Looked like a Ford but with a Merc dash and a Merc 255 flatty. Like having instant factory customizing, even if they did stick with last years engine. Canadian Dodge came out with the Fargo PU.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #7

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
If I remember correctly, Scamp one one of the companies licensed to build trailers under the "Boler" name using molds from Canada. Could it be they still had the rights to the name??? Seems kinda long ago for that. They may have reacquired the rights more recently.
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #8

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I did a bunch of web searches including across the Scamp site and I can find nothing about a new Boler being manufactured - mind you, most of these trailer companies tend to update their sites infrequently.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #9

Registry
Well here's the kicker folks....
It looks like yet again this Old Fart has Chicken Plascenta on my face. Let me rephrase that... Egg on my face, and YES, the YOLK seems to be on me!

I rec'd a personal message fromBrian B-P and he had the forsight to do some digging, whch I never did. I just took my friend at his word (sometimes NOT the best thing to do, right?). Anyhow, Brian contacted Scamp(Eveland's Inc.) and asked about this 'Bolor thing' and it seems it was bogus info, as no one at Scamp knew ANYTHING about a NEW Bolor least of all ANY deliverys into Canada.

Thus, I stand CORRECTED (on my other foot), sorry for the confusion
Attached Thumbnails
canadian.gif  
Old 10-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
.... Chicken Plascenta ....

I just don't know what to say about that ... so I won't say anything
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #11

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
.... Chicken Plascenta ....

I just don't know what to say about that ... so I won't say anything

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #12

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Couldn't happen because all the Boler molds are in Mexico....
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Couldn't happen because all the Boler molds are in Mexico....
Why in Mexico?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #14

Talking

'Guess they gotta be someplace. Those old Boler molds have been all over N. Amer. by the sounds of it. I don't think anyone has seen them for over 20 years. If they were out there someone, somewhere, would be making trailers.
You don't think that someone is just feeding the old rumour mill, do you? This is one that goes round and round. Interresting, EH?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I did a bunch of web searches including across the Scamp site and I can find nothing about a new Boler being manufactured - mind you, most of these trailer companies tend to update their sites infrequently.
That's for sure! When you go to Scamp's parts store page they are still saying "Check back in early July". Of course if you email them, they'll quickly send a parts/price list. -Dan
Dan R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #16

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
It looks like yet again this Old Fart has Chicken Plascenta on my face. Let me rephrase that... Egg on my face, and YES, the YOLK seems to be on me!
It's OK Doug. Might want to get someone to look at that leg of yours, though. Looks like it's been pulled hard.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #17

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
You don't think that someone is just feeding the old rumour mill, do you?

Possibly, yet there is a post here by Alan Nelson, saying he seen a boler clone that was made in Mexico City.

Now ... does anybody know if Sandor Dusa (who started up boler with Ray Olecko) was Mexican in origin?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #18

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Maybe the molds are headed to China....you never know.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #19

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Howdy.....Sandor Ducha is/was Hungarian and he and his wife came to Canada after the Hungarian revolution......he lived only a half block from where the Boler factory was on Dufferin Ave in Winnipeg, Manitoba.......He worked for Kildonan Canoe in Winnipeg prior to getting together with Ray Olecko.....I`m familiar with this because he and his wife lived in a rented suite at my mother in law`s home as did my wife and I....and I used to talk with him a lot prior to the Boler workings.....after he was working with Boler, I only saw him a few times as I built a home outside the city and he also had moved...also I had no interest at all in the funny little egg shaped trailers that apparently evolved from the fiberglass septic tanks that Ray Olecko had invented.....I eventually lost all contact with him and don`t know if Sandor is still alive......funny thing is that I came full circle and now have two Bolers that I use depending where I go to camp......Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #20

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Interesting story Benny!

Now you have me wondering ...
That is the 3rd spelling for his last name I've seen.

Have you ever tried trackin him down now that you are a glass man?

Roy

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote