Leaving Camper for a Couple Days - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #1

Name: Stebe
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Leaving Camper for a Couple Days

I will be Camping in Northern Arizona just before Christmas if the weather cooperates and all. I want to leave my Casita there for three days while I'm in southern Arizona. I'd prefer not to tow it down to Southern Arizona because I won't be using it while I'm down there. Have any of you left your camper for several days? If so, where... how?

Thanks
swhird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #2

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
You may find some answers here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ces-90662.html

The title isn't super clear, but the request was for short term parking.

The only time I have left mine unattended was when it was in for service. Got any maintenance you need done?
Justus C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #3

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
It's a tough one. For me it really depends on the area. Around here, people regularly "reserve" dispersed camp spots by pulling their trailer up sometime during the week, and leaving it there till the weekend when they show up and camp.

Things can always happen, but it's fairly safe around here.

There are storage places that should work with you, though, and let you pay by the day.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:51 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
If it is only for 2 days, i would leave it at that campground. Just pay for two more days. Will you go back there after your trip south? Then it's like coming home.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #5

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
We were able to keep someone's trailer in our driveway for a while two summers ago; that worked out fine.

But we're nowhere near Arizona. Well, not very near.

Maybe someone else on FGRV could hold it for you a couple days?

"K"
Old 12-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Northern AZ is a big place. Whereabouts are you looking, and what route are you taking to southern AZ?

Agree leaving it at the campground would be easiest. Won't work for dispersed camping or most public campgrounds, but might at a private campground. Many private RV parks in the high country have storage lots so desert dwellers don't have to lug their big trailers back and forth from the valley in summer. Some are closed in winter, though.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
You didn't say whether you were staying at a campground in northern AZ or NOT. If you are talk to the campground host, sometimes and in some places you can leave your trailer in the campground.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #8

Colorado
Thanks for all the replies. I am thinking of coming down from Monument Valley through Sedona. So anywhere along that route would work. I like the idea of just paying for four extra nights and leaving it at a campsite unless something better comes along.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #9

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Unhappy Leave it??

FWIW we left our trailer extra days at several CGs.. over the past 2 seasons..never had a problem. WE always leave some 'stuff' out ...as if we are still around, and timers on lights, etc.

I wd be careful if leaving it outside a CG, unless it was at a storage concern. Just me. ' FWIW...Friends of ours left their Class A at a 'storage place' in AZ a few winters ago..I 4get where.. Anyways, it was broken into and "partied in" and trashed..including waste dumped in the bathrooms, etc. Not good Cost them several $1000 to get it cleaned up, upholstery and frig repaired and then they sold it.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #10

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhird View Post
I will be Camping in Northern Arizona just before Christmas if the weather cooperates and all. I want to leave my Casita there for three days while I'm in southern Arizona. I'd prefer not to tow it down to Southern Arizona because I won't be using it while I'm down there. Have any of you left your camper for several days? If so, where... how?

Thanks
We belong to RPI and Coast to Coast. RPI let us leave our RV on a site for 15 days while we took a cruise out of Seattle last summer. A lot of campgrounds have storage sites. So call campgrounds where you'll be and see if they'll do it.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #11

Name: Matt in SoAZ
Trailer: Scamp 13
Arizona
I have a good friend in Sedona that might allow you to leave your Casita at his house. Let me know if you still need help.
Matt mattcycles at hotmail
rancilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #12

Name: Bill
Trailer: Capita SD 17
New Mexico
Not on the Res.
Trapperbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #13

Colorado
Thanks rancilio, I will be in touch as I finalize our plans.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #14

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbill View Post
Not on the Res.

Genuinely curious why: theft, no camping, ....
Old 12-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Reservations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper-bill View Post
Not on the Res.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhird View Post
Genuinely curious why: theft, no camping, ....
I can’t speak for Bill, but I can speak as one who has lived on a reservation for 36 years. Lots of fears and misunderstandings about modern reservation life. Some concerns are valid, many are overblown. Practically speaking, there are few campgrounds, none with storage, and few other public storage options. People store vehicles on their property.

If you happened to have a connection to a trusted individual who would allow you to store it on their property, and if the property were not in one of the densely populated communities where crime is high, it would be reasonably safe. Practically, that would be hard to arrange.

I would have offered our driveway, next to our Scamp and our Roadtrek, but we are far from your planned route. I hope the arrangement in Sedona works out.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin