Let's start a new thread for the new video - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #1

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Let's start a new thread for the new video

It was Just posted on November 21st. Thirty-eight minutes long, and well worth your time even if you own an older Scamp. There are some minor things I would re-word but Mica was working without a script and over all it is a great video.

My notes:
GET SOME OIL for that squeaky door or you will wake up everyone in the campground!
Was it missing a screw in the charging station??
Stabilizing jacks are now leveling jacks.
Refrigerator 12 VDC operation is for emergency only.
LED lamps in and out.
Breakaway switch added.
Many items are the first modifications made by new owners.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: 27
Trailer: scamp
Illinois
That door is loud haha, mine had a very slight squeak so I dont think its all of them. I thought the breakaway switch was cool when they showed me, didn't know it was a new thing. So the stabilizer jacks can be used to level now? I know I read before they should just be used to stabilize not put much weight, it seems like these are new ones? They didn't explain that to me but it would have helped my first night when I couldnt get quite level.
Jets27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:53 AM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
Breakaway switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets27 View Post
I thought the breakaway switch was cool when they showed me, didn't know it was a new thing. .
I wanted a breakaway switch on my 2017 16', but at that time they would not do it any any price. I still have not added one because I have not decided where to run the wire and keep everything weather tight.
You got many great improvements on your 2021.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #4

Name: Scampgrounds
Ca
2021 Scamp Introductory Video

Micah did a great job on the 2021 Scamp introductory video. I like the interior volt meter addition as well as the USBs and 12V jack.

I have a 2020 Scamp 13' with similar looking stabilizing jacks as in this video. I was told by Scamp not to use them to try to level the trailer side by side. The video is a little vague on this point and, although mentions leveling, also seems to emphasize they are for stabilizing. I'm wondering if you could really jack one side up 4 inches without damaging the jack. I won't be trying it!

The other area that's a little vague is the 12V switch for the refrigerator. I've been told by Scamp multiple times this switch is to be used to keep the refrigerator running while towing your Scamp (powered by your tow vehicle connection). There seems to be consensus that powering the refrigerator with 12V instead of propane while towing is a safer method. This video indicates that 12V switch is for "emergency only", but I didn't hear towing mentioned.
Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:22 AM   #5

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 13' Scamp
Minnesota
Good video Micah. A lot of these things can be added to an older Scamp, I am working on some of them right now.
jeffminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote