Lift kit, From E-trailer ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #1

Name: Duane
Trailer: 2017 Scamp
Minnesota
Lift kit, From E-trailer ?

Has anyone installed a 2" lift kit on their trailer we have a '13 2017 Scamp and could use a little more clearance. I can do the work myself looks like just bolt on project. Thank you for any information.
Duane M. Rykhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane M. Rykhus View Post
Has anyone installed a 2" lift kit on their trailer we have a '13 2017 Scamp and could use a little more clearance. I can do the work myself looks like just bolt on project. Thank you for any information.
Check the bolt patterns to get the correct kit. Mine (on a 16') has a center floor support that had to be cut. I still after 4,000 miles have not welded in a replacement support but will next summer. Alignment was done by measuring from my “A” frame jack to the brake plates on the axle and I’m not seeing any tire wear. Note that while it lifts the frame, the axle is still at the same height, so no driving over stumps.
Attached Thumbnails
LIFT KIT.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
I also have a 2017 Scamp 13. I would be interested in this kit. My scamp has the lipart Axel. I can not find the kit for this at etraler. Could you post a link or pare number to help my search? Thanks. John
John DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #4

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
I had one put on my Bigfoot two years ago great improvement on clearance.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:34 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
lift kit

I instaled a 4" lift on my Ventura .Now the rear bumper and tongue are dead level at 17".i also made the tongue 18" longer way easer to back up.
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #6

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
I got a Dexter 3” lift kit from Croft Trailer last week. Cheaper than etrailer and arrived in 4 days. I live next to Texas Trailer and took it there for installation. Lift kit 115 and labor 150. I took before pics and should be able to get after soon.

While working they identified a blown axle seal which sprayed grease on a brake shoe so one more day and a few hundred more dollars... But it reduces odds of damage from dragging and will allow us (I hope) to boondock in future.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #7

Name: Duane
Trailer: 2017 Scamp
Minnesota
Lift

Thank you for replies I think ill go forward with this project, mostly looking to give waste gate (gray water tank) more clearance but will watch axle when going over rocks, trees or other stuff.
Duane M. Rykhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #8

Name: Ned
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 13D & 2016 Highlander
Iowa
My 2017 13' Scamp was also too low and needed to be raised. I could not find one on Etrailer so I contacted them. They responded that their part LC270682 will work on Lippert diamond torsion axles up to 3500 lbs capacity.

Here is their response.
https://www.etrailer.com/question-377475.html?fb=yes

By the time they responded I had already made risers from 2"x3" tubing, but purchasing a set would have been much easier and probably saved money. The hardware is costly.

Here is what I did.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...uxe-89939.html
GpaNed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #9

Name: Matt in SoAZ
Trailer: Scamp 13
Arizona
I tried three different versions of the perfectcasita 3in lift kit with shock mounts on my 2010 Scamp 13 and was never successful. After about a year of tele calls and email photos showing measurements, perfectcasita and I gave up trying to mount shocks. The bolt-on lift was easy enough after cutting my welded on axle.
rancilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #10

Name: Carrie
Trailer: 13’ Boler, 1974
Nova Scotia
Registry
Hi Map 56,
I’m on the other side of the country, in NS. Who did you order your 4” lift from? I have a boler that sure could use one! Much appreciated for the info. We’re thinking about a tongue extension too, what made you decide on 18” for the the new length?
The Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote