Light weight camper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #21

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinh View Post
.If someone asks me to choose a light camper with bath,...my answer will be BIG NO...Just a share...
I agree 100%, Randy. I think a built-in bathroom a waste of precious space in such small trailers.

Why dedicate what must be at least a third of interior space to something that might be used for an hour a day, total? "Privacy" concerns if using the porta potty are easily taken care of by the everybody-else-shut-yer-eyes-or-step-outside method. And it's not like any 13er will carry enough fresh/waste water capacity to last through more than a day or two of showers etc., so in order to use a shower much at all one needs hookups, which means campgrounds, which usually also means showers available.

We're dedicated drycampers, too, and also use heated water, solar showers, and of course the tried-and-true sponge bath.

Meanwhile, back at the trailer: There's room for at least six people to sit down and eat, and for four people to sleep.

Wait- once we had a toddler sleeping on the floor under the dinette...make that room for five people to sleep, so long as one of them is less than three feet tall.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #22

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
...Unlike other campers....when the time goes by, their trailers would be mostly rotten, old and added more defects. My Trillium which I have my hands on all of the modifications will be changed after very camping trip. One could see from photos, from inside, outside , paint job or even a stripe. At every camping trip I always try to gather info, hand-on experiences from the trip. From the convenience to the necessity...from the other trailers to my every trip towing, when not camping, my Trillium will be gradually changed to adapt with....better campings. This year, we will have long campings and of course more changes to the Trillium...Also more photos of trips will be posted. Just share with you....
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, weight