LiL Snoozy build times - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2017, 05:09 AM   #1

Name: KC
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
Missouri
LiL Snoozy build times

Hi All - I placed my order for the Snoozy on 7/20 (just over 2 months ago). Curious to hear what others are hearing now when placing new orders?

For those that have been waiting a while already or are close to their build (or just picked theirs up), what are you hearing from Snoozy on actual pick-up vs. the time you were told when you placed the order?

Since they gave me a 6-8 month window I'm just going to assume it will take them 8 months. Reading through the forums I haven't heard of a situation where someone accepted delivery earlier than what was originally expected.

Hopefully this thread will help those of us waiting anxiously for our LiL Snoozy. I will admit having 10k locked-up in an R/V that doesn't have a "firm" pick-up date makes me pretty nervous, so it's good to hear stories from others.
KCGuy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:42 AM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
This is not a knock on the trailer itself, but if a builder gives you a time frame with a two month leeway, that's telling me they need to change their production process. We waited exactly 9 months for our trailer, but were given an exact build date and an exact delivery date available even before we ordered it.

How can you plan ahead for the pickup dates when you don't know what they are?

The high down payment has already been debated too many times before, so I won't touch that. Just seems reasonable to me that the manufacturer provide you with a date of completion and stick to it.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
Hi All - I placed my order for the Snoozy on 7/20 (just over 2 months ago). Curious to hear what others are hearing now when placing new orders?

For those that have been waiting a while already or are close to their build (or just picked theirs up), what are you hearing from Snoozy on actual pick-up vs. the time you were told when you placed the order?

Since they gave me a 6-8 month window I'm just going to assume it will take them 8 months. Reading through the forums I haven't heard of a situation where someone accepted delivery earlier than what was originally expected.

Hopefully this thread will help those of us waiting anxiously for our LiL Snoozy. I will admit having 10k locked-up in an R/V that doesn't have a "firm" pick-up date makes me pretty nervous, so it's good to hear stories from others.
Hi Tony! As you know we just picked up our Snoozy a couple weeks ago. We had originally ordered ours on November 15th last year. At the time, Alan the original company owner took our order as Richard wasn't there that morning and Alan told us 5-6 months. Well as you know it took 9 months for our build. I do know Snoozy took 9 build orders just in November 2016 alone! They average 4 campers a month so I would assume the wait time will be longer. BUT they are well worth the wait. We love ours!!!!!!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Worth the Wait

We ordered a Scamp 16 in early Feb. this year. They told us it would be ready for pick up on Oct 4th. About 2 months ago they called and said they were running behind and asked if we could possibly wait until the 13th of Oct. We're retired, and told them no problem. If I said no, I had the impression they would have accommodated us. A few days later they called to go over the build, and I jokingly asked them if they realized our pick-up date was Friday the 13th. Dave in production said "Oh, that's no good. Would you rather pick it up on the 12th?"
Of course we agreed. One day less waiting is a good thing. If you order a Deluxe today, they have a 13 month wait.

These trailers we all like are special. Almost no 2 alike. You can order them customized to fit the camping or traveling style that suits you. To me that makes it worth the wait, even if a little uncertain at times.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2019 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Maryland
Lil Snoozy Build Times

Hello Tony.

I placed an order for a Lil Snoozy last week. There are thirty-two (32) other orders ahead of mine... Wow... They are giving me a 12 month lead time. I too was a bit concerned with the $10K required deposit. We've been looking at this camper for the last three years. Looks like it will fit the bill for us..and, we will be the first Lil Snoozy owner in Maryland.

Take care,

Tim in Maryland
Tim from MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #6
JBB

South Carolina
Congratulations Tim on placing your order! I know it will seem like it will take forever but it will pass quickly. While we were waiting on ours, we bought a few things and figured out how we would put our own personal touch on it. It helped to pass the wait time. Picked up ours last month and absolutely love camping in it!!!!! We already have 2 big trips planned for next year, but for now we've been taking some short trips!
Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #7

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
I did what JBB suggests- used my wait time for my LilSnoozy to lay in EVERYTHING I could think of.
I didn't know enough about RV camping to think about the electric on the Snoozy being at the FRONT. Most camp spaces have, we've found, the electric connection at the BACK. When we had to do without the provided electric one night because we couldn't get the 5-6 ft Snoozy electric cord to reach and had to use the generator instead, I finally realized we needed an extension cord. I got the one from Walmart that has handles attached since my wrists are weak. You ay want to add one too.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:18 PM   #8

Name: SCOTTIE
Trailer: Lil Snoozy on order
Nevada
Registry
Hi Tony, here is our story. We ordered our Snoozy 12/07/2016. I flew from Las Vegas to St Matthews. Met with Richard and tried to talk him into building us a twin bed model. He pretty much refused, so we accepted the queen bed model. He did agree to install some custom windows for us. We were not promised, but told it would probably be ready in July, 2017. It is now November and we are now informed there is one Snoozy ahead of us. So it is going to be a year before we see our Snooze. The bad thing is we plan to drive to S.C. and then tow it home to Las Vegas, July would have worked fine, but December cross-country towing can be hazardous.
The custom features that each buyer requests slow the building process down. Last I knew they only have 3 builders on staff, one being Richard. If a new customer shows up they lose one third of their workforce while Richard sells another Snoozy.
We are suppose to be next in line. With no documented timeline it is very hard to plan your time (Dr Appointments, Dogs, etc.) We can only hope things go well in our build process & we get the Snoozy of our dreams. If Tim (above) is correct Richard is holding $320,000 in deposits. IMHO There is room for improvement and a faster build timeline.
ScottieLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:09 AM   #9

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
build times

All I can say this is impressive and if I was Richard I wouldn't change a thing! 3 builders getting this much done is amazing I don't know how they do it and yes a prospective customer can wreck havoc on any small operation!

If you can find a good employee and that is rare today the cost of benefits can really pile up per employee in a small operation. I have a feeling while he may be cutting a decent profit he is not getting rich but he is happy.

We all think 500k to 1m in sales is a lot but after expenses are figured in there isn't much meat left on the bone.

I say good for him and I wouldn't change a thing!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #10
JBB

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieLV View Post
Hi Tony, here is our story. We ordered our Snoozy 12/07/2016. I flew from Las Vegas to St Matthews. Met with Richard and tried to talk him into building us a twin bed model. He pretty much refused, so we accepted the queen bed model. He did agree to install some custom windows for us. We were not promised, but told it would probably be ready in July, 2017. It is now November and we are now informed there is one Snoozy ahead of us. So it is going to be a year before we see our Snooze. The bad thing is we plan to drive to S.C. and then tow it home to Las Vegas, July would have worked fine, but December cross-country towing can be hazardous.
The custom features that each buyer requests slow the building process down. Last I knew they only have 3 builders on staff, one being Richard. If a new customer shows up they lose one third of their workforce while Richard sells another Snoozy.
We are suppose to be next in line. With no documented timeline it is very hard to plan your time (Dr Appointments, Dogs, etc.) We can only hope things go well in our build process & we get the Snoozy of our dreams. If Tim (above) is correct Richard is holding $320,000 in deposits. IMHO There is room for improvement and a faster build timeline.
Scottie - As I posted earlier in this thread, we ordered in November 2016, and was told 5-6 months, but didn't pick up until September, 9 months later. I have no complaints about going beyond what we were told as I wanted it to be built right plus the way we wanted it! Our other camper was 'stick built' and you could tell it was 'thrown together'. Even though it was bought new with a lot of bells and whistles we could see major flaws in the workmanship that were all hidden. We only kept it 3 years and sold it to buy the Snoozy. Something constructed with pride isn't going to be 'thrown together' and will take time. Again I had no problem with our wait time. Just my 2 cents!
Old 11-01-2017, 03:41 PM   #11

Name: Bill
Trailer: PARKLINER
Georgia
Stop by there yesterday to view one and was told lead time now on new orders 12 months
Billreedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #12

Name: Bill
Trailer: PARKLINER
Georgia
Stop by there this week to view one for possible purchase and was told lead time on new orders is 12 months
Lots of time to have money tied up only building 3 / month
Billreedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #13

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
I was surprised that Scamp only asks $500.00 for a down payment. Its refundable if you change your mind. Maybe that's the benefit of an older firm: they don't need your money for operating capital. I think the Scamp folks just figure that if you change your mind a dozen other folks will be happy to step up. Better then forcing someone to buy.

John
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:21 AM   #14

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
deposits

I can see where the snoozy can consume money not only in labor but the components they buy. I guess they are molding on site this can eat up labor.

I have never seen a snoozy but the pictures show lots of bling and some folks like that I doubt I would ever buy one then you have to consider theirs if they get stuck with one might take a bit to sell. who knows!

I see the scamp as more mass produced and the snoozy more of one at a time deal!

each company has its own market and it seems to work for both of them!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #15

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
We ordered ours Last week of Aug. We were told then about 9 to 11 months out. I like they build them by hand, 3 a month. We watched on YouTube a 25 foot Camper being made in 7 hours. I am sure it was top quality..LOL.
Since winter is coming we don't mind the wait. We are at the age we want something of quality & the Fiberglass seems to fit the bill.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #16

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
LiL Snoozy build times

They have four on staff including Amy in the office. They contract out the shells(Falcon Boats), The trailer frame and axle (Wesco) and the cabinets. The staff puts it all together including plumbing ,wiring and assembly. I was there last week. The quality of the shells was impressive.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:03 AM   #17

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
..and, we will be the first Lil Snoozy owner in Maryland.

Take care,

Tim in Maryland

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Tim, Doug and Roxanne here in North Potomac. Sorry, but we got ours in August of 2017 and our order was in November 2016.

Agree that the wait is worth it.

Maybe we will see you at a regional fiberglass RV event.
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #18

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I think they got used it (big down payment) early on and with continued orders rolling in, why stop?

It could have an opposite effect where competitors Raise their down payment requirements. As interest rates slowly increase, getting zero interest working capital is pretty sweet.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #19

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Well Casita gives you a time and date to pickup your trailer when you order it, it's even down to the hour on the day it's ready. What I think is so funny about Casita is their lot is full of Casita's waiting to be picked up, 50 plus on the lot at one time, don't owners want them. Ours was ready for pickup as soon as it was finished and we got it a couple of days later, I didn't want it to just set on the lot too long an just collect dust. Casita delivers only 4 per day and it you miss your pickup date you get pushed back for a opening date that someone has cancelled or rescheduled there's. Casita is pretty much run by the book and it all seems to workout for them and the customer, is that not what you want and should expect from your manufacture.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #20

Name: David
Trailer: Currently shopping
Tennessee
I placed my Snoozy order in April of 2017 and It still hasn’t been built. They gave me a 6 month window. I’ve called them several times and it seems they are having issues with getting fiberglass shells. I hoping this means that quality is better (and slower) than quantity. Mine is supposed to be started soon. Any info to the contrary would be appreciated. Thanks
DBN

QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCGuy76 View Post

Newbster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy