Lil Snoozy has closed shop - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #41

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal B View Post
Highly disappointed I put a $10,000 deposit down August 16 of 2017 ...
I've been watching this thread and waiting to hear from someone who has some "skin the game." A few posters have mentioned that they were given the name of the attorney for "Lil Snoozy, LLC." I might suggest that you call that attorney and see what he or she has to say. Demand proof, then report here.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #42

Name: Keith
Trailer: None.....Lil Snoozy Screwed Us
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
I've been watching this thread and waiting to hear from someone who has some "skin the game." A few posters have mentioned that they were given the name of the attorney for "Lil Snoozy, LLC." I might suggest that you call that attorney and see what he or she has to say. Demand proof, then report here.
I began this thread yesterday. I did call the attorney that Richard(owner) of Lil Snoozy directed me to within a text message. I spoke with the Attorney, who was very sensitive to the situation and apologized numerous times throughout the conversation. He explained that they had in fact filed Chapter 7. He confirmed my name on his list and said that they will be mailing those of us that were waiting on their camper. I asked him the likelihood of seeing any money and he said that he had no way to answer that question. After reading up on Chapter 7, I know that none of us will see any money from this company. It is very deflating to have waited a year for something, be told just days ago that the time had been moved from 12 months to 18/19 months for delivery, then, find out that Friday they shut their doors. Richard has replied to a couple of text messages, but, I really do not have anything nice or positive to say to someone that has $10k of my money. From what my wife was told from Alan(original owner), there were 45 orders on the books that they have just walked away from, I truly feel for each person that just lost their money and their dream of owning this camper.
kilmerk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #43

Virginia
Quote:
Highly disappointed I put a $10,000 deposit down August 16 of 2017 I was told at the time it would be 6 to 8 months but more than likely eight months before completion in February 2018 I purchased a truck fridge and a max fan and had them shipped to the factory A cost of just over $1000 between the two I'm curious if anybody would know if that would be considered theft of personal property because I had paid for those items from the supplier and I have receipts from the companies that deliver them to the Lil Snoozy manufacture
First, I am really sorry that you are in this boat with my wife and I, I totally know how you feel right now. Second, I might be able to get you in touch with Alan, he owns the building, maybe they left your supplies there when they left.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #44

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmerk15 View Post
First, I am really sorry that you are in this boat with my wife and I, I totally know how you feel right now. Second, I might be able to get you in touch with Alan, he owns the building, maybe they left your supplies there when they left.
Neal, my wife just contacted Alan, that building was completely empty, you supplies were not there.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:16 PM   #45

Name: Neal
Trailer: 2019 Casita Freedom DLX
Florida
Thanks Keith I know that would be the only thing I'm going to be able to recover from this I have a sinking feeling that my Truck Fridge and Max van and even a (faucet that I had delivered myself from Clearwater Fla) to try to speed up Richard last July so I could go to the rally in my trailer but that didn't happen. I'd appreciate any information you could give me Thank you
Neal B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #46

Virginia
Quote:
Thanks Keith I know that would be the only thing I'm going to be able to recover from this I have a sinking feeling that my Truck Fridge and Max van and even a (faucet that I had delivered myself from Clearwater Fla) to try to speed up Richard last July so I could go to the rally in my trailer but that didn't happen. I'd appreciate any information you could give me Thank you
Did you get the Attorney information earlier in this thread?
Old 03-05-2019, 02:21 PM   #47

Virginia
Quote:
If anyone needs to speak with his attorney, call Harrison Penn at 803-451-2270, to be put on the same list I joined yesterday, or, email them at hpenn@mccarthy-lawfirm.com
This guy was very very nice on the phone yesterday.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:24 PM   #48

Name: Neal
Trailer: 2019 Casita Freedom DLX
Florida
I did call the attorneys number and left a message at 1:30 but have not heard nothing as of yet . I guess my next move is to look through my emails from truck fridge see if there's a serial number on the email and see if it was registered for warrantee that will give me proof that he actually used the refrigerator that I paid for in someone else's trailer I doubt the max fan has a serial number
Neal B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #49

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
I did call the attorneys number and left a message at 1:30 but have not heard nothing as of yet . I guess my next move is to look through my emails from truck fridge see if there's a serial number on the email and see if it was registered for warrantee that will give me proof that he actually used the refrigerator that I paid for in someone else's trailer I doubt the max fan has a serial number
If I understand the arrangement that you had correctly, then when you talk to the attorney I would explain that the fridge and fan were YOUR property and not part of the business. They were bought and paid for by you personally and only stored there to be installed when the trailer was built, which apparently it never was. They are not part of the Chapter 7 filing Therefore you can demand the prompt return of the personal property to avoid an additional lawsuit as well as a report to the police of stolen property. Be prepared to provide documentation of your purchase of course and personally I would show up in person at the attorney's office and be a PIA until I had my personally owned goods back.

(yes, I do play hardball at times)
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #50

Name: Joe
Trailer: shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmantra View Post
Wow! I hope people can get their deposits back on their orders and that warranty work will continue for owners! I had considered the snoozy but wait times were too long and looked at the Hymer Touring GT trailer (also belly up!). Think I’ll look on the used market for a deal rather than take the chance on putting $$$ down on something that might not be produced.

The Hymer RV company did not go out of business!,,,
Jody C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:49 PM   #51

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody C View Post

From RV Daily Report:
KITCHENER, Ontario — Erwin Hymer Group North America has just laid off the entire staff, RV Daily Report has learned.
Several employees and contractors have reached out to RV Daily Report this afternoon to say that all 800 employees have been terminated effective immediately.

https://rvdailyreport.com/industry/h...-entire-staff/
Old 03-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #52

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-NS27 View Post
Makes me wonder if the molds will be sold off because of this.
And with the molds, if they're sold off, there's a chance someone else could try building them again. I wonder who/where would sell/auction them from. I'm curious how much they would cost.
I have no idea who owns the molds but they should be at the boat builders yard. Hope the shipyard kept them as collateral against Richard. Would give someone else a start to bringing this unit back to life. Wonder if someone in the area could drop by the yard for info.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #53

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
So sad and criminal. I called Casita and bought one. The wait time is almost 3 Months. I bought one that was on the lot that someone had cancelled there order.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:28 PM   #54

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
January 30, 2019, I asked about buying a truck fridge for the snoozy. I was told to buy it and have it sent to them. Did they take orders up until the last week?
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #55

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
My understanding is that, in order to increase production, Richard switched shell manufacturers last summer from the boat builder to another supplier who could not deliver, then switched again to Engineered Composites. This had a negative impact on deliveries. They may have the molds.

The following information is from Google.

Engineered Composites

810 Idlewilde Blvd, Columbia, SC 29201

XX9R+VX Columbia, South Carolina

(803) 765-9464
Old 03-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #56

Name: John
Trailer: Cycle-Kamp!
Oregon
I should have clarified—Hymer North America, Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody C View Post
Sorry Jody, I should have clarified that the Hymer RV company in Europe did not go out of business, but has since been bought by Thor. Thor Industries did not buy the North America subsidiary of Hymer because of a huge (100 million dollars plus) accounting fraud that closed the factory and laid off its 900 workers. Roadtrek motorhome and Hymer fiberglass trailer owners in North America are left without warranty and parts support. RV dealers are left with stock they can’t sell unless at fire sale prices and those owners having work done at the time of closure can’t get their RVs back or face liens by dealers for their unpaid warranty work. A real mess!
Karmantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #57

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
So sad and criminal. I called Casita and bought one.

You might want to change your profile and signature.
Nothing wrong with a little anger.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #58

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmerk15 View Post
I am one of the very unfortunate people that have just found out that after waiting a year for our Lil Snoozy, they have closed their business. We put down a rather large some of money back in April of 2018 and just today found out that the owner, shut the place down. I do not know any details further than this, I just wanted to get the word out. Very sad day indeed, great little campers.
How did you put down the deposit? If by credit card contact them. You may get your deposit back. If by check you may have lost your money. Try a Casita. They've been around for years and so far have done well. We bought a new one and found them to be pretty honest. The problem with used is you have no idea what is lurking under the flooring, behind seats, etc. Check out a used one very carefully. Many people on the FB website have found all kinds of nightmares in a used one.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:10 PM   #59

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
The name of the corporation that is Lil' Snoozy is
Smoakin Concepts Composites LLC

Smoak is the last name of the owner.

As to who was making the fiberglass shells for them. It seems most likely that it was a business that was immediately adjacent to their latest business location on Sweet Bay RD. Moving in right next door to the supplier of the shells seems a sensible business model.

That next door fiberglass shell producing company is Alaglas Pools, they manufacture fiberglass swimming pools and spas. Which means they have the equipment, the facility and the skilled work crew needed to make fiberglass trailer shells. Alaglass has been in business quite a few years.

So if anyone wants to know what is actually going on with Lil' Snoozy it is a pretty good bet that Alaglas Pools knows about their business situation. You might start with a phone call to them. Alaglas Pools does have an internet website that is up and running.

In the mystery shows private detectives and the police always talk to the next door neighbors to find out what is really going on with someone who has vanished without a trace. You can too can use that resource. If they vanished owing me money I would also be calling the local police to see what is going on out there in that South Carolina location. You should also immediately get in touch with the South Carolina attorney general's office for consumer protection.

k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:58 PM   #60

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
No, Smoak is the previous owner. He sold the business to Richard whatever.

This problem for the deposit payers gives new meaning to the phrase, "you snooze, you lose!"
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy