Lil Snoozy has closed shop - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2019, 04:25 AM   #61

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmerk15 View Post
Neal, my wife just contacted Alan, that building was completely empty, you supplies were not there.
Thanks
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #62

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
The name of the corporation that is Lil' Snoozy is
Smoakin Concepts Composites LLC

Smoak is the last name of the owner. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
No, Smoak is the previous owner. He sold the business to Richard whatever....

LAWRENCE RICHARD MICKLE
I linked to the Business Profile in this post but I will do it again:
https://businessfilings.sc.gov/Busin...3-8ed1dc90afb0

The funny thing is that the SC Secretary of State lists the company status as "Good Standing" in that profile.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:38 AM   #63

Name: RandyB
Trailer: The BIG "O"
New Hampshire
So 45ish outstanding deposits, $10,000 average, almost half a million, cash, purchase no materials (thus no physical assets) and file chapter 7, let them sell what they can "find"

I always wonder how as a lawyer, representing, you expect to get paid.
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:10 AM   #64

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I was thinking about that... where that half million went. If it went into legitimate business operating expenses, that’s gross mismanagement, but probably covered the the Chapter 7 filing and little recourse. But if it went somewhere else, that’s criminal and opens the owner to personal liability. I expect the state will look into it.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #65

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I am saddened for everyone who has put down a deposit on the FG trailer of their dreams. Hopefully some funds will be recovered.

Hopefully this won’t kill some person’s dream of camping, but it probably will.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #66

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
My son in Va. had a large deposit with a barn erector contractor in NC. who failed to erect his barn and took his deposit. He went to the local police and local District Attorney (DA). They contacted the builders local DA who was aware that the contractor had also taken the deposit of a person in Co. and another person in NC. The three DA's worked together. The contractor was arrested and brought to Va. for trial and is now serving time. He will then go to Co. for trial and hopefully serve time there. Then he will be sent to NC to be tried. NC will be the last state to try him since they have a three strike law. He hopefully will spend quite a while in jail. No money could be recovered but at least the contractor paid the price. Mail fraud charges were also involved.
In the Snoozy case with the amount of time, money and people involved it looks like an individual should be investigated for some type of illegal activity. You more than likely may not get your deposit back but at least someone may go to jail. As stated before get your local and SC. officials involved.
Just a comment not legal advice.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #67

Name: Randy & Dot
Trailer: Casita (on order)
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmerk15 View Post
Neal, my wife just contacted Alan, that building was completely empty, you supplies were not there.
Hmm, I also have a Truck Fridge that is MIA, then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
So sad and criminal. I called Casita and bought one. The wait time is almost 3 Months. I bought one that was on the lot that someone had cancelled there order.
I am seriously considering a Casita, now. Just trying to figure out the model that would work best for us.
Vintage Vagabonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #68

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Check the classifieds if you are interested in a used Casita.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #69

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Vagabonds View Post
Hmm, I also have a Truck Fridge that is MIA, then.

I am seriously considering a Casita, now. Just trying to figure out the model that would work best for us.
We’ve owned 3 different FG trailer’s and for the price our Casita has been the best of the bunch plus the up front money they require is very reasonable .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:10 AM   #70

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Lil Snoozy has closed shop

I thought that Snoozy was born right next door to the swimming pool maker as it was started by the same people?
The idea was that they already made fiberglass pools and had the knowhow to stretch into the trailer business.
So the place next door is/was sure related to Snoozy as I recall!
Now I know the company was then sold at some point but they were related in the beginning too.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #71

Name: Maria
Trailer: Casita
GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNH View Post
So 45ish outstanding deposits, $10,000 average, almost half a million, cash, purchase no materials (thus no physical assets) and file chapter 7, let them sell what they can "find"

If the lawyer is smart, he works on retainer.
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #72

Name: corvetteguy
Virginia
Went shopping and bought my firs trailer, a New Casita on the lot.

I looked at the Snoozy several times over the course of a month shopping primarily on-line. We liked the innovation in the Snoozy so it became a finalist along with a Casita. I physically went to check out two Casitas on Craigslist that were almost in my backyard. I couldn't believe the small difference in new vs old. For one of them multiple people were looking the same day as me and one of them bought at the asking price which is what the owner paid for it several years back. Logically for me it made since to pay a little more for a new one with warranty and great resale value and not have to deal with surprises a used one may have. I called Casita and they had a new one on the lot that just became available that was the right model and options (this was to easy). We sent them $2000 to hold it and we drove out from VA a month later to tow it home.
garyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #73

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
I would never have put such a large deposit down on anything and would have been questioning why such a deposit was needed.

Contacting his lawyer doesn't seem productive after all the lawyer works for him not you. The employees had to know how bad things were wonder what they are thinking.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #74

Name: Maria
GA
I had no idea Parkliner went under. When did this happen?
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #75

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I had no idea Parkliner went under. When did this happen?

December 2018 there is a thread on it.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #76

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Lil Snoozy has closed shop

I hadn’t heard Parkliner “went under”- no bankruptcy or undelivered orders to my knowledge- they simply ceased production.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #77

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Best thing to do is put your name on the list of people that are owed money, with the lawyers and Secretary of State, then write it all off and move on. There is no way a pile of money is sitting somewhere waiting to be distributed. The owner knew this was coming and hid that fact while continuing to take deposits. It's theft from a moral standpoint, but it may not be theft from a legal standpoint.

Either the owner is a crook, and the money is hidden or gone, or he was not smart enough to run a business and the money is gone, or he is a smart crook, and just ran it into the ground while paying himself a very large wage, which will probably allow him to hide behind the corporation laws and bankruptcy laws. This kind of thing happens legally, on a much bigger scale, in the corporate world. Lots of time and money can be spent paying lawyers and waiting with false hope. Don't waste your time.

Either way, the funds are gone and there are very limited assets to sell. Any small amount that might be found, will go to pay venders first at 2 cents on the dollar and legal fees. As infuriating as this whole situation is, throwing more energy into it will just cause more frustration and false hope. Time to move on as you watch it grind to a completion, from a distance. Hopefully, while camping in another trailer.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #78

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Quote:

The debtor hires an attorney to file the bankruptcy on their behalf. The attorney can be paid for filing the bankruptcy by the debtor personally upfront, thru company funds before the bankruptcy or the attorney can take their chances and become a creditor in the bankruptcy.

The Bankruptcy Court will appoint a Bankruptcy Trustee who will deal with the disposition/payment of any assets of the company to the creditors who file on the bankruptcy and are owed money once the case is adjudicated.

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #79

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Here is a good explanation about the role of a Bankruptcy Trustee in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...chapter-7.html

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #80

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
...I always wonder how as a lawyer, representing, you expect to get paid.
In a bankruptcy case, payment is in advance, of course!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy