Lil Snoozy has closed shop - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #1

Name: Keith
Trailer: None.....Lil Snoozy Screwed Us
Virginia
Lil Snoozy has closed shop

I am one of the very unfortunate people that have just found out that after waiting a year for our Lil Snoozy, they have closed their business. We put down a rather large some of money back in April of 2018 and just today found out that the owner, shut the place down. I do not know any details further than this, I just wanted to get the word out. Very sad day indeed, great little campers.
kilmerk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Oh no! I hope you come out of this all right. What a disappointment!

Please update us as you find out more. There has been concern about the high deposits required and the long wait time, so there may have been a problem coming for some time, but I thought they were becoming very popular.

Maybe someone else will step in and continue making them and make it right for those waiting. Who knows at this point.

Maybe it was a supplier problem. Didn't they have the bodies molded by an outside company?
Old 03-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #3

Trailer: Cycle-Kamp!
Oregon
Angry Getting nervous about ordering a trailer with long wait time!

Wow! I hope people can get their deposits back on their orders and that warranty work will continue for owners! I had considered the snoozy but wait times were too long and looked at the Hymer Touring GT trailer (also belly up!). Think I’ll look on the used market for a deal rather than take the chance on putting $$$ down on something that might not be produced.
Karmantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #4

Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmantra View Post
Wow! I hope people can get their deposits back on their orders and that warranty work will continue for owners! I had considered the snoozy but wait times were too long and looked at the Hymer Touring GT trailer (also belly up!). Think I’ll look on the used market for a deal rather than take the chance on putting $$$ down on something that might not be produced.
You may be painting the industry with too broad a brush. Look how long Casita has been around. Or look at Oliver, a large company that makes many related products and is growing.

But, of course, buying used avoids any question about waiting or deposits.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
If you click on the button labeled manufacturers you will see numerous Fiberglass trailer manufacturers who have been in and gone out of business
When the economy slows down again more fiberglass trailer companies will pass by the wayside . It seem many are just scraping by and teetering on the edge right now .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmerk15 View Post
I am one of the very unfortunate people that have just found out that after waiting a year for our Lil Snoozy, they have closed their business. We put down a rather large some of money back in April of 2018 and just today found out that the owner, shut the place down. I do not know any details further than this, I just wanted to get the word out. Very sad day indeed, great little campers.

Keith, how did you find out? Who told you that they were closed?
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
Hard to believe a company with a waiting list couldn't make it (although it wouldn't be the first), which leads to speculation that someone absconded with the deposit money for a quick score.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #8

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I'd be real careful speculating in ways that make people freak out for quite possibly no reason.

Some of the most popular restaurants I've been to have closed down. It rarely seems to be for lack of business. It seems more often to be that the owner lacked enough business knowledge to make it work, no matter how much business came in.

The website is down, but I agree with Jan's line of questioning. Until we hear where this info came from, we can't even assume that it's accurate.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:30 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
It's just a guess of course. There are other possible reasons, like health of the owner for one. Internet speculation is worth what you paid for it.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #10
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
I'd be real careful speculating in ways that make people freak out for quite possibly no reason.

Some of the most popular restaurants I've been to have closed down. It rarely seems to be for lack of business. It seems more often to be that the owner lacked enough business knowledge to make it work, no matter how much business came in.

The website is down, but I agree with Jan's line of questioning. Until we hear where this info came from, we can't even assume that it's accurate.

Apparently, on the Lil Snoozy group on Facebook, a buyer was told they closed shop this past Friday and was given the Lawyer's office and number for contact.
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #11

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Eek.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #12

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Not at all what I expected to happen. I know it was not the best run business, but they did have a good product. I feel really lucky I got my Lil Hauley and really bad for the people still waiting. I hope someone takes it over.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #13

Smith Valley, Nevada
The Lil Snoozy website is shut down too. If they had a message about what happened or their possible future, they would probably provide it there.

Shutting everything down abruptly with no message looks bad.

It would be interesting if someone could go to their shop and see what it looks like. Or if someone has Alan Smoak's phone number, call him.

They're at: lilsnoozy.com
191 Sweet Bay Road
Saint Mathews, SC 29135
803-655-5336
Old 03-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #14

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I sure hope this turns out to be something like supply issues and that everyone is able to recoup their down payments
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #15

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Possibly they filed for bankruptcy ??
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:10 PM   #16

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Keep an eye on their status with the South Carolina Secretary of State: https://businessfilings.sc.gov/Busin...3-8ed1dc90afb0.

If you need to pursue legal action to get your deposit back, the registered agent at the bottom is the guy to have your lawyer contact.

As they are incorporated as a LLC, your recovery options may be limited if they went belly up.

It's possible that they have simply ended their contract with the company that maintained their website, https://www.convergesc.com, or maybe they didn't pay their bill this month.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #17

Virginia
Hi Jan,
I found out through the friend of mine that introduced me to Snoozy. After a couple of hours of research and calling the pool store next to Lil Snoozy, I found out they the place had been emptied out. Then, my wife got hold of Alan and he confirmed that Richard had called him and told him he has closed. Then, Richard himself finally replied to my numerous, angry, text messages, apologizing that this had to happen. Richard gave me the number of his attorney for me to call and get put on a list, in hopes that there is something left for the 45 people that he had taken deposits for, and then left us all hanging as he filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If anyone need to speak with his attorney, call Harrison Penn at 803-451-2270, to be put on the same list I joined yesterday, or, email them at hpenn@mccarthy-lawfirm.com
I hope that it is ok to post that information here, I am only trying to help, Richard gave me all of this information so I am assuming it would be the same for anyone in my situation with Lil Snoozy.
Best of luck to everyone,
Keith
p.s. Alan, the original owner, gave my wife his number, if you would like his number to speak with him, please let me know.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:30 AM   #18

Virginia
Yes, they filed Chapter 7, confirmed by a text with Richard(the owner).
Old 03-05-2019, 06:33 AM   #19

Virginia
I called the pool store next to Lil Snoozy yesterday. They confirmed that there were no cars there and that a guy had come in, furious, asking if they knew anything about Lil Snoozy because he just looked in the windows and it was empty inside with pad lock on the door.......And then, I got a text back from Richard the owner yesterday confirming their closure, with only contact information for his attorney that he filed Chapter 7 with.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #20

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
That's gotta be tough on anyone who was waiting. I was just reading about Chapter 7 filling, and doesn't sound good.

Thought this was interesting.
Quote:
A chapter 7 bankruptcy case does not involve the filing of a plan of repayment as in chapter 13. Instead, the bankruptcy trustee gathers and sells the debtor's nonexempt assets and uses the proceeds of such assets to pay holders of claims (creditors) in accordance with the provisions of the Bankruptcy Code.
Hopefully those who had a deposit will get something back out of all this. Makes me wonder if the molds will be sold off because of this.

And with the molds, if they're sold off, there's a chance someone else could try building them again. I wonder who/where would sell/auction them from. I'm curious how much they would cost.
Dan-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy