I talked with Nick from Lil Snoozy
down @ the gathering in Pa. over the weekend. I asked him some questions that I and others had, so we sat down and talked about them. Nick is a very nice guy, just like his Dad and more than willing to talk about new ideas and old standards alike. They have a hard job in front of them, but listening to other fiberglass camper’s is a big step forward. And I’m sure changes will come along a little at a time, after all they do want to sell the campers. I wish them the best of luck on their new venture, it was a big hit at the gathering @ our pot luck dinner to have it right there for all to look and see. Nick and his Dad have some good ideas on building this neat little camper, like a new fender design with outside storage behind it. And at the same time raising the taillights up higher than where they are located now.
Here are some Snoozy questions that some members had along with some answers I got from Nick.
1.How are cabinets/furniture attached to the walls.?
There are holes drilled through the seam of the two half’s, then a bolt/screw is placed into the hole and through/into the cabinet. Also the oak trim is fastened by a L bracket that is attached to the inner wall and then to the trim piece with screws to the inside fiberglass wall.
2. Does the trailer come with disc brakes
? Yes they all will have disc brakes
on the trailers, the one that Nick brought to the gathering didn’t have them, but they all will. The trailer he was going to bring up they sold
just before the gathering, so Nick had to bring one of their prototypes.
3. Are the frames still galvanized? Yes and they will continue to be. They are trying to find some black paint
to cover the galvanized trailer.
4. Any other floor plans like a dinette for 4 or Swivel chairs. Not yet but they are talking about different plans. To change plans sometimes means having to move the fresh water tank to under the bed, which means more tongue weight
. But they are working on some changes.
5. Overall height and clearance underneath ? 7’5” for height and around 8” from gray water tank to ground.
6. Can you get propane
installed, also a 3way fridge
, stove top , hot water heater, & furnace
7. Can I buy just the shell with nothing in it and make my own camper. Yes
If anyone wants to contact Lil Snoozy
via email let me know by pm and I’ll send a email address. You can ask a question or if you have a recommendation/idea you think would be nice. By the way the pull out couch is very comfortable and makes a really nice size extra bed. Here are some pics.