Happy New Year, fellow Eggheads!
We just returned from a successful 1500 mile shakedown cruise to South Florida
, and wanted to post a few pics of our interior makeover of the '95 T-4-2. We completely gutted her down to the shell. What we've done so far:
1. new flooring (had to replace water-soaked osb flooring)
2. suede-microfiber wall covering over the existing rat fur
3. new maxxair remote-controlled fan
4. removed water tank for additional storeage under the sink & made new door
5. added microwave
and 110v fridge
6. removed worn out propane
stove...removed tank; we can use a portable when we need
7. added outdoor area light
8. added under-the-seat access doors---we found baskets that slide under the seats making it very simple to pack & use.
9. replaced rivets (ugggh!) & caulked joints as needed
10. etc. etc. little things like curtains, fold down counter extensions, power outlets, refinished birch table...etc.
More pics for those interested in this rare lil egg box are at http://new.photos.yahoo.com/crosstrainingc...460762381782617
-- when we really are finished I'll post a better album.
Towed like a charm...the space inside seems to expand when we use it...plenty of storeage...bed is huge...turns heads...makes 2 people be really nice to each other--a real relationship builder!! We've tented, popped up, towed a 30 footer, and this is heaven compared to all of them. Simple, efficient, cozy, easily maintained, and the 2 of us can manually move it to its hiding place in our backyard.
As new members, we've loved the info & inspiration in the forum and look forward to sharing more in 2007. Thanks & best wishes to all!
Bill & Pat