Lost my Mom. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Lost my Mom.

I know know the extreme feeling of loss,emptiness,grief. That a orphan feels. Even though I am in my fifty's the 5 year old that lives in side me/all of us is at times over come with grief.
She was a wonder full woman that had a great life. She made it to 87 and passed with all of her family kids, grand, and great grand kids at her at her bed side. She will be missed!!!!
Jason

Thanks for letting me vent!
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Jason, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there too, and I know that the loss of our parents leaves a big hole in our lives.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I lost my dad just over a year ago. Its hard, and there's a hole in your world as a result.
So very sorry for you loss, Jason, to you and your family. She sounds like she has left a 'motherload' of love and wonderful memories.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
So sorry for your loss, this is one of the reasons why I took my mom in to care for her, so I can spend as much time with her in her declining years, making memories.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Cyd

Name: Cindy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
California
Registry
Jason - I to feel your pain. My mom passes away almost three years ago. I miss her terribly but we talked until her last day. My memories of her will last a lifetime. So sorry for you loss.
Cyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm sorry for your loss Jason. Your mother will forever be in your heart.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #7

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I lost my mom in 1985 and my dad in 1966 and I still miss them even though I'm rapidly approaching the ripe old age of 77. My greatest regrets in life are that my dad and my sons never had a chance to know each other, though my dad knew about them, and, though my mom and my boys knew each other, she never had a chance to know her great grandkids. Thinking about all that still makes me tear up, even as I write this.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Jason, so sorry to hear of your loss. She will still be with you through through out your life in many many ways. Hugs to you!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #9

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Jason, Im sorry for your loss! You and your family are in my prayers. Im sure she knew how much you loved her. Ive been spending more time with my parents because they are getting up there in age and who knows how long any of us have.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #10

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
So sorry for your loss. It's a strange feeling when you realize you are now an orphan. Lost my dad about 8 years ago and my mom 2.5 years ago. Think about them almost every day....they were great parents.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #11

Name: Heidi
Trailer: Scamp 16' layout 6 with 02 Dodge Dakota 4WD Quad Cab
Colorado
My condolences to you. My mother passed two years ago today, and I often think about something she expressed many times about her own mother who passed 38 years ago..."something will happen and my first thought is I want to call mother and share it with her, then I realize I can't." That keeps happening to me, too, and I wonder if it will continue throughout the rest of my life. (I'm in my 50's, too). A blessing is that your mother's memory will continue through all those who loved her.
Heidi in Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #12

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Yeah, I know what you mean. Moms are always there for us, and we tend to feel like they always will be. My mom was 91... she drove herself to the city for shopping, and on the way home turned left in front of an oncoming truck. At least she got her wish of not wanting to become a burden on anyone in her old age.

I remind myself that I'll see her again, eventually, and that she's in a happier place.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #13

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Thank you all so much!!
Jason
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #14

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Jason, there is no one that loves you like a mom. That is why the void is so great, when when we lose them. I miss mine terrible. I am just glad we are blessed with incredible memories to keep them with us.

So sorry for your lose and I am praying it won't be long, before the memories bring smiles as you look back on your life with her. terry r.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #15

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
...As a new member of this forum, I would like to send you my condolences to your loss. I knew what it looks like when one lost a family member. Wish her rest in peace.
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
yes, it has been 33/34 yrs since my parents died of cancer. I still tear up when thinking of them and the fact they are no longer here. Jason you will miss your parents until the day you die. The feeling of no longer being able to reach out to them and share your life with them never goes away. So sorry for your loss. Death comes to all but it sure sucks for the family left behind when it happens.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #17

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Sorry for your loss, Jason. I lost my father in '87 to a tractor accident. It will get easier as time goes on.

Take care.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #18

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Jason just wanted to let you know that I have added you and all your family to my Prayer list.
That is about all I can say as everything that can be said to you already has and I know your loss ,like so many others I have lost all my parents.You will miss them and it will get somewhat better with time.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #19

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: SD Casita
Illinois
God Bless you and your family.............most have shared the terrible loss of those we love dearest. It took me a very long time for the jagged edges to smooth a bit. My heart just broke and I don't think you ever really are the same again. The comfort of knowing your not alone as you read these above expressions of sympathy hopefully will not seem like you feel your an orphan. That is exactly how I felt plus broken. The ache will always be with you but you will heal. Your beautiful Mother is with you always. There are no words to help but you are in all our prayers.
Good night and God Bless. You are not alone.
Bonnie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #20

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
I'm so sorry Jason. You are blessed to have had such a good relationship with your mother. She will allways be with you in your heart. Its wonderful that she had her loving family around her. My mother died 2 years ago at 88 and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. You're in my prayers.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote