Lynden Wa Meet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Lynden Wa Meet

When we were at the BC Glass Eggs meet at Fort Langley someone mentioned that there is a meet in Lynden Wa in Sept. Can't seem to find any info on this, can anyone help ... thanks
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: Compact Jr and Teardrop Trailer
Washington
This may be thewhat they were referring to:

September 11-13, 2015 Lynden, WASHINGTON
Mt Baker Vintage RV Rally: at the Fairgrounds in the beautiful little Dutch town of Lynden, WA, which is about 20 miles North of Bellingham; cost of the event will be $20.00 per night and a Rally fee of $15.00, power and water are available for most everybody; bathrooms, showers, and an RV dump station are on site; pets are allowed as long as they are on a leash; Saturday morning swap meet again and Saturday open house; official dates are September 11–13, but you can arrive as early as Tuesday the 8th Other details and activities will be listed later. More info on the event Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/events/262368620639808/
rainjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:36 AM   #3

British Columbia
Thanks Rainjer ..... that's what I'm looking for. Appreciate you taking the time to reply ~ Peter
Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #4

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
I discovered this rally almost by accident a couple of years ago. Hubby and I and a couple of friends stopped by on the last day and got to see some of the very cool vintage trailers. People form little encampments of like-kind trailers so I imagine all the FG rigs will be in one spot. If I remember right, there were several Bolers, Scamps, etc. there the year we stopped by. We plan on going this year. It looks like a really fun event!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #5

Washington
Registry
Here's a picture from the 2013 rally to whet your appetite. Anyone recognize this trailer-TV combo? Maybe the owner is a member here?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5344 edit 1.jpg  
Old 08-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #6

British Columbia
Thanks Kathy ... interesting to know that there were groups of like trailers. I'll have to see if I can get in with the Trilliums when I book - thanks again for your reply.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Lynden Wa Meet

Peatle, Evergreengirl, you will find small groups of fiberglass trailers all over the rally, not just in one spot. We camp with friends who have all kinds of trailers. A few of us usually camp towards the back. Come on by and say hello, I have the 19ft Biggar and would love to meet you.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #8

British Columbia
Hi Marina ... thanks for the contact and look forward to meeting you hopefully.

I'm curious about this 'No Reservation' system. What happens upon arrival ... are you directed to a particular campsite?

It sounds like you can get wherever you want if, as you say, some of you "usually camp around the back". I would imagine that, with the large number of units that appear to be going, it could get quite chaotic trying to set up.

Thanks ~ Peter
Old 08-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #9

Washington
Registry
Thanks for the additional info, Marina. Peatie, I think you do just sort of park where you want to. Chaotic maybe, but sort of a friendly laid back chaos!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #10

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Not chaotic at all, just big, open fields. You pick a spot, hopefully close to power and water if that's what you want. Someone else likes that spot too, they park next to you and now you have a new neighbour to get to know. Sat morning there is a swap meet and open house tours. They have night bowling for the kids and usually a movie played on one of the barns. You might even see a vintage Christmas tree or two. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV