Made it home a week ago today EEEEEEEEEE - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2018, 07:24 AM   #1

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Made it home a week ago today EEEEEEEEEE

So much for Michigan"Spring"

We made it back home to Mich. last Sunday afternoon with mid 20sat night!
The first few nights I simply opened all cupboard doors and ran the propane furnace at ~50F.

Once we had 2 days of warmer weather I drained the lines and hot water tank. I did winterize the Scamp yet again this week.

The prediction is summer may still arrive... in Michigan.
Seems it may be in August but only for a few days!

Ice storms still expected, and power outages as well.
Oh, Joy!

Cheers all,

Bat Dude and family
Old 04-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
wow

I couldn't live like that but this morning in central mo its spitting snow! what a spring weird!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #3

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1971 Hunter compact Jr, 1979 Terry 19', 2003 Scamp 16'
California
Your both made of sterner stuff than I am. Here in California's San Joaquin Valley it is 66 with 81 expected this afternoon and 49 tonight. It gets up to as high as high as 112 in the summer, but seldom, and down to 28 a few times in the winter and our humidity is always low, except during or right after a seldom seen storm (a shower by your standards). I drove from from Geogia to home at the end of Febuary. Major storms in Oklahoma and Arizona. Had to be home so I drove through. Six hours to go 80 miles into Oklahoma City. Nine big rigs rolled over in along the roadside and other crashes. I won't be leaving the west coast again from mid fall until late spring. I guess if I lived where you do I leave for the winter, but I probably would stay home. It's expensive to live here, but it's easy to live here.
Heres to all of you who live in harsher climates.May your spring comes early and stays late.
Terry in Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Where in MI are you?

"Michigan" must have a wide variation in weather, depending on where you are.
The UP is almost like another state from the "mainland"
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:39 AM   #5

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
And it got worse!

I could have been +/- OK had my last update on weather been the full story.
However more ice and wet snow dumped on us the rest of Sunday.

Our Scamp looks more forlorn in the deepening snow and is pining for warmer climes.

I had an appointment at 08:00 with a new physician this morning so DW and I shoveled snow and ice and I fired up the snow thrower to clear as much as we quickly were able. The underlying layer of frozen snow and ice meant our Flex almost could not make it up and out. We wanted All-wheel drive but the only option in Georgia when we had to replace the Freestyle was FWD. Limited slip did not help much and once I was able to spin the alternate front wheels enough to melt down to pavement I was able to crawl onto the main road.

That was a skating rink so I very carefully backed up and headed back down to the garage. Very very carefully I avoided bob sledding down, but it was almost like Skeleton sledding for one short nano second as Flexi tilted about 5 degrees from straight and began sliding then achieved grip and pulled straight.

Phew. Nice morning adrenalin rush. So now parked safely in the garage to wait for later in the week ~Thursday or Friday when temps will rise albeit briefly, above freezing.

Perhaps I needed to call…

So now with some “extra” time, I will go back to working on our Escape build list!

I cannot use the phrase “Make hay while the sun shines” as we ain’t gonna be seeing the sun for the rest of the week.

Likely will see about new shoes for Flexi next week. Perhaps with more tread, I would have had an easier time crawling out?

Cheers all,

Bat Dude and Co.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: BatDude... Bin home a few weeks ourselves. Met up with sleet at the Ambassador bridge on the way. Spent yesterday insitu and powerless. 5 am - 10 pm all's dark and quiet. At least we were able to charge a cell phone using the solar panel and 12V system on "Escape Hatch II" so not totally out of it!!! It was much nicer in Florida.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9248.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:20 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Too bad you couldn't stay down south for a few more weeks.

This year, Michiganders may be singing, "I'm Dreaming of a White Memorial Day"!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:15 AM   #8
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Same weather here. Rain, sleet, freezing rain mixed with snow. High water content. Very heavy. Don't forget to clean the roof of your trailer. Don't need cracked eggs.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote